Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Creepy figure appears in video chat footage

UM-Bot

Interesting, looks kinda like a astronaut helmet, who is AL that she refers too in the beginning?

It's just a child!

• Like 3

Looks like some sort of inflatable toy, megaman, alien or power rangers would be my guess. 

It looks as though it has some sort of helmet type print on it (around the 1:28 mark). Also the way the shoulders and arm are bent, keeps the same exact pose the entire video.

Edited by esoteric_toad
  • Like 4

I�d be more worried someone was breaking and entering wearing a costume to remain anonymous.

• Sad 1

Oh no its not the coffee giving you anxiety lady! She is going to get abducted later.

No it actually does look like a cutout of some sort or a lamp. 

Edited by Nnicolette
  • Like 2

It is well done, though. One of the better ones.

The way the arm never changes seems really fakey to me, it never changes, though it does move about a foot or two in relation to the picture on the wall. It could where she is standing that changes it and it is closer in. I'd go with the lamp guess.

• Like 2

It�s clearly a chair backing, if you go to 1:23 1:23 back and forth you can see it is flat and has light reflecting off the back of it, seemed creepy to me at first but on closer inspection just a chair. Also why would someone whip their head around to see if anyone is behind them when the chair they are in is against the wall.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've seen cardboard cutouts of aliens on ebay. I thought of buying one to sit by my door when people come in and freak them out. :D

Very interesting. Newly moving into an apartment increases the chance of activity in my observations. Other better attested to video evidence also shows parts of the entity that are close to normal and parts that are rather distorted. The figure appears at a couple points to move on its own. I've heard other reports of entities seen lurking in the background of chats. My gut impression of Lori is that she is of the type more susceptible to the paranormal. 

Today about any such thing COULD be faked.

Papameter read-out is...………. 75% Paranormal; 25% Fake

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Newly moving into an apartment increases the chance of activity in my observations.

What? Why on earth would that increase any chance of activity?

26 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

The figure appears at a couple points to move on its own.

Bolded. As already mentioned, it could well be attributed the angle and/or distance of the camera from said 'entity'.

27 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

My gut impression of Lori is that she is of the type more susceptible to the paranormal.

That gut impression wouldn't be due to her statement "I've had lots of paranormal experiences in my life" would it?

29 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Papameter read-out is...………. 75% Paranormal; 25% Fake

Papameter hasn't been working well for a veeeery long time now so I wouldn't put too much faith in it to be honest.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Poopoometer ****s the bed again.

Looks like a blowup doll of the white power ranger. It can't be taken seriously without clear pictures of the layout of the house.

Edited by moonman

6 minutes ago, Stiff said:

What? Why on earth would that increase any chance of activity?

Because I believe non-physical entities can have their attention drawn to changes.

7 minutes ago, Stiff said:

Bolded. As already mentioned, it could well be attributed the angle and/or distance of the camera from said 'entity'.

I believe I saw clear movement. And why is there a clear entity at all?

8 minutes ago, Stiff said:

That gut impression wouldn't be due to her statement "I've had lots of paranormal experiences in my life" would it?

Partially, but also my educated impression of people. Females more extroverted (likes to talk a lot), and often overweight, have an energy type I notice that have stronger paranormal involvements than the average. That as I said, is my impression from decades of quiet observation (and is also a position I have heard others take).

12 minutes ago, Stiff said:

Papameter hasn't been working well for a veeeery long time now so I wouldn't put too much faith in it to be honest.

I consider it the serious opinion of a careful observer. 

• Like 2

The question is where was Al, who is apparently sleeping on an inflatable mattress for some reason.

Wait a minute.

Al... Alien.

Dun-dun duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhn

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Newly moving into an apartment increases the chance of activity in my observations.

I can confirm this ^ from personal experience. However, the figure looks less than human to me, and possibly not fully established.

14 minutes ago, acute said:

I can confirm this ^ from personal experience. However, the figure looks less than human to me, and possibly not fully established.

However, I think once human entities often look distorted as materializations are often partial and incomplete. The head seemed the best formed in this case.

• Like 1

No clue what's going on here, but my creep-o-meter definitely got triggered, which is hard to do these days. 

fake fake fake

43 minutes ago, pbarosso said:

fake fake fake

I wouldn't jump to conclusions until further investigation.

Look under her arm in the background at around 0:03.  That's your (blow up?) alien toy right there, imo.  There seems to be some breaks in the video flow, so it may also have been edited to allow them to reposition it, but frankly I can't be bothered to check it frame by frame.  The change in lighting and the back and forth rocking of the video also seems very conveniently arranged to show the thing, scarily silhouetted...

I suspect Lori knows full well what it is, as she put it there...

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 5