Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Creepy figure appears in video chat footage

UM-Bot

On 12/11/2018 at 3:53 AM, Timothy said:

That’s only creepy to people/apes like us who know what a floppy disk is. :lol:

What’s a spinner (to me it’s a fishing lure)? From my parts the equivalent is probably a tripper (drug related)? Unless you’re talking about B&S balls, spinsters? 

As for the OP video; it looks a bit weird, but that’s it for me. 

A spinner is a fishing lure but it also meams a petite woman, usually used in a sexual way. He is saying she is hot and not at all fat basically. Nothing to do with drugs.

It was also sarcasm. He was joking that it wasnt just the angle that was creepy. Did that help?

Edited by Nnicolette
  • Confused 1

It's not a chair, Christmas tree or  stand up decoration, it definitely moves during the video. It absolutely looks like a blowup toy. She says she lives alone but my guess is she isn't alone. Possibly the "Alan" she references, who was sleeping on the blow up mattress is there, and she just ins't aware of it? Maybe playing a joke? Also, did anyone notice what looks like another small (child?) figure standing in the darkened doorway? Watch her reaction to the "are you alone?" question again. 

Personally, I think someone was goofing with her (and her chat friend), someone she knew, and after they had their laugh, they thought it would play well on youtube. And they were right :)

Edited by Calibeliever

Whatever it is it moves. It looks like a child with a mask to me. I don't know much about the Marco Polo app, but that segment where her friend asks her if she is alone, that looked odd to me.

Did she put the whole video together? Why did she added the "reaction" part? The important part ended previously. Also, "Lori Simmons" watermark?  

I think they played a good prank on youtube/media. 

2 hours ago, Calibeliever said:

It's not a chair, Christmas tree or  stand up decoration, it definitely moves during the video. It absolutely looks like a blowup toy. She says she lives alone but my guess is she isn't alone. Possibly the "Alan" she references, who was sleeping on the blow up mattress is there, and she just ins't aware of it? Maybe playing a joke? Also, did anyone notice what looks like another small (child?) figure standing in the darkened doorway? Watch her reaction to the "are you alone?" question again. 

Personally, I think someone was goofing with her (and her chat friend), someone she knew, and after they had their laugh, they thought it would play well on youtube. And they were right :)

I think people are usually pretty clear about someone in their house. Also this would have taken some planned staging by the person and for the effort there is only a small chance someone on Marco Polo would even have paid that much attention. 

Your theory is possible but I would put it in the low likelihood range.

It's very interesting that there is no sign (that I saw) of this thing being there pre-00:15 sec mark when it first shows up.  I would think that if it is a balloon or decoration, it would be in the shot prior to when she walked past the chair in the background unless someone popped it up there if it was hoaxed. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NicoletteS said:

A spinner is a fishing lure but it also meams a petite woman, usually used in a sexual way. He is saying she is hot and not at all fat basically. Nothing to do with drugs.

It was also sarcasm. He was joking that it wasnt just the angle that was creepy. Did that help?

Well no, because he already replied to me.

And it’s not what you’re saying. 

Don’t worry, we don’t have animosity towards eachother, we cleared that up months ago!

Sorry :lol:

12 hours ago, Timothy said:

Well no, because he already replied to me.

And it’s not what you’re saying. 

Don’t worry, we don’t have animosity towards eachother, we cleared that up months ago!

Sorry :lol:

What happened months ago? I honestly dont know who you are or have any personal feelings about you.

It is exactly what i said but its ok if your too dull to accept it. Here is a link since you still dont seem to understand.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=spinner

@NicoletteS, you’ve got it wrong.

I was asking what he meant, your opinion was not relevant at all, especially after he already replied on the previous page, and clarified what I asked.

I asked him directly, because it’s a term which obviously has different meaning in different contexts. I was just enquiring the specific context it was being used, in the single post I quoted. 

What you, or Urban Dictinary says is not relevant to our conversation, in this instance. 

I don’t know what compelled you to quote me? And you asked me ‘Did that help?’. Again, no, you didn’t help.

If you we’re being sincere, then all good.  :tu:

Object ain't moving. Camera perspective trick.

That woman fully well aware what that is.

Edited by DragonFire22
  • Like 2

On 12/10/2018 at 7:50 PM, pbarosso said:

fake fake fake

NOT fake, just camera perspective that causing an illusion it's moving. Whatever that was, was STATIONARY!

Edited by DragonFire22

On 12/12/2018 at 9:05 AM, Calibeliever said:

NO, it's NOT moving. SHE IS moving, and the camera is tricking you to think the object is moving but it's not.\

I think at 2 seconds in, she is actually looking at that thing!

I am a Photographer!Insert  image from URL

woman looking.png

Edited by DragonFire22
  • Like 1

Yeah I don't see it actually "moving". But what I do see it it changing position in the room. Example, at 0:17 it's there and at 0:28 it's not. That's what I mean by moving. 

I still think she's being pranked and she is fully aware there is probably a friend in the house despite her reaction. She may have thought they left already, who knows. We'll never know because this video has gotten traction and unless she comes forward with the truth (which would be embarrassing), we will have to speculate as to how/why an inflatable toy keeps popping up from behind her couch while she's filming herself talking to a friend.

2 hours ago, Calibeliever said:

Yeah I don't see it actually "moving". But what I do see it it changing position in the room. Example, at 0:17 it's there and at 0:28 it's not. That's what I mean by moving. 

I still think she's being pranked and she is fully aware there is probably a friend in the house despite her reaction. She may have thought they left already, who knows. We'll never know because this video has gotten traction and unless she comes forward with the truth (which would be embarrassing), we will have to speculate as to how/why an inflatable toy keeps popping up from behind her couch while she's filming herself talking to a friend.

For me, all things considered, her telling the truth is still the strongest possibility in this case (OF COURSE while still considering the possibility that she is lying). Just not much to gain for the effort and deceit. I guess I do not believe 99+% of the regular people I know would out-and-out lie about something like this.

• Like 1

Whatever it is, it's most definitely moving. Early on, it's to the far left of that picture on the wall - later it's in the corner on the other side of it.

At 24 seconds, just after she says "...fe-loor..." it seems like the entity moves slightly towards the door opening. Just before that, it's also much closer to her.

I get the feeling that IF it's not a hoax, she would maybe not have seen anything in the room even if she looked right at it. It's fascinating how cameras often capture stuff we can't see for ourselves.

On 12/10/2018 at 7:21 AM, UM-Bot said:

Lori Simmons got the fright of her life recently after her friend spotted someone standing right behind her.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/323962/creepy-figure-appears-in-video-chat-footage

Something like a DODOELEPHANT Dancing Robot beside the computer on the desk, waiting to be charged or other programmable bot.

Edited by Jon the frog

At 0:04 at the very beginning of the vid, under her arm you see a figurine shaped exactly like the "enitity".

It's simply this figurine ni the background, it's arm in the exact same position. This is the best shot i could get.

Screenshot_4.jpg.5779b0cf46c11dc816d91b846a4fda01.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I still think whatever it moves on it's own - It moves from left to right faster than she moves the opposite way. After rewatching it, I'm quite certain that at 24 seconds, it can be seen to slowly move back into the door opening.

34 minutes ago, Uber Doubter said:

I still think whatever it moves on it's own - It moves from left to right faster than she moves the opposite way. After rewatching it, I'm quite certain that at 24 seconds, it can be seen to slowly move back into the door opening.

The camera was moving which could give the visual effect of the figurine moving. Optical illusion.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, XenoFish said:

The camera was moving which could give the visual effect of the figurine moving. Optical illusion.

Agreed. And even if it does move, it's certainly not moving 'on its own' - it's an inanimate object. 

• Like 1

''nice'' try :D Oh man this was so funny from first second of this video it was obvious that she want's to lie about something i mean that expression, tension, almost fear... :D Being unable to lie is virtue, why spoil it like this :D

On 19.12.2018 at 8:07 PM, XenoFish said:

Here's a pic illustrating what I mean - SHE hardly moves at all relative to the door opening, but the object/entity moves from the left of the picture all the way to the doorway.

ComparisonChatPics.jpg

4 hours ago, Uber Doubter said:

Here's a pic illustrating what I mean - SHE hardly moves at all relative to the door opening, but the object/entity moves from the left of the picture all the way to the doorway.

ComparisonChatPics.jpg

That's a perfect example of it sitting still. It's under the picture on the wall, yet in the second still you can't see the picture (or it) anymore.

Like someone showed, I think it's just a little statue on the table behind her. The camera perspective makes it look person sized.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1

On 21.12.2018 at 8:49 PM, moonman said:

That's a perfect example of it sitting still. It's under the picture on the wall, yet in the second still you can't see the picture (or it) anymore.

Like someone showed, I think it's just a little statue on the table behind her. The camera perspective makes it look person sized.

No, it moved. From the left hand of the picture to the doorway. It is not person sized, but that doesn't make it any less creepy. It is evident from later movements of the camera, that there is nothing left on the left hand side of the picture anymore - so there are not two "figurines" or whatever one chooses to call it.

Right after she talks about getting a bed that is "...off the fe-loor", it seems like the thing now standing in the doorway sort of retreats ever so slightly back into the opening. That's about 24 seconds in.

ComparisonChatPics2.jpg

Edited by Uber Doubter