Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Creepy figure appears in video chat footage

UM-Bot

On 12/19/2018 at 2:35 AM, xxxdemonxxx said:

At 0:04 at the very beginning of the vid, under her arm you see a figurine shaped exactly like the "enitity".

It's simply this figurine ni the background, it's arm in the exact same position. This is the best shot i could get.

Screenshot_4.jpg.5779b0cf46c11dc816d91b846a4fda01.jpg

I totally missed that. Here I was thinking it was much larger & in the back corner of the room but yep. It's tiny & only a couple feet away.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ares_Zeusson said:

I totally missed that. Here I was thinking it was much larger & in the back corner of the room but yep. It's tiny & only a couple feet away.

But that is in the other room. She walks through this room and into the room with the picture. It may very well be that this is the figurine that we keep seeing - but it MOVES. From this counter and into the other room, all the way to the left of that picture, before it moves back. Interesting, isn't it?

Here I've compared the 3 different positions - Two different rooms, and two different positions in the second room: Left of picture, then left side of doorway.

ComparisonChatPics V2.jpg

Edited by Uber Doubter

Why was this recorded? That's what im confused about. I don't facetime often, but i cant recall ever recording it? Also while shes on her two minute rant and the thing is seen, why isn't her friend involved in the conversation at all? Not even a "Uh-huh" "Yeah" type of response? 

1 hour ago, Uber Doubter said:

But that is in the other room. She walks through this room and into the room with the picture. It may very well be that this is the figurine that we keep seeing - but it MOVES. From this counter and into the other room, all the way to the left of that picture, before it moves back. Interesting, isn't it?

Here I've compared the 3 different positions - Two different rooms, and two different positions in the second room: Left of picture, then left side of doorway.

ComparisonChatPics V2.jpg

It's a small statue on a couter island in the middle of the room and she circles around it. It doesn't move, she does. First picture, she's all lit up standing next to lamp shown in second two pics and in front of island. Second two pics she's on opposite side of island and in the dark side of the room. Statue remains on island and behind her.

It's not a mystery, it's not a hoax, it's a simple optical illusion. If you want to debate that go ahead but it's a stupid waste of time, that's all it is.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, moonman said:

It's a small statue on a couter island in the middle of the room and she circles around it. It doesn't move, she does. First picture, she's all lit up standing next to lamp shown in second two pics and in front of island. Second two pics she's on opposite side of island and in the dark side of the room. Statue remains on island and behind her.

It's not a mystery, it's not a hoax, it's a simple optical illusion. If you want to debate that go ahead but it's a stupid waste of time, that's all it is.

The counter on which the figure is first spotted, is to the right of her, and indeed on the opposite side of the wall with the picture and the christmas tree.

She starts out in the washing room, enters the kitchen, with the counter to the right/behind her - and we see the figure under her arm.

She then moves along parallel to the counter, and at the time where she has her back to the christmas tree, that counter is to her right, and indeed to the right of that door opening.

That is the same door opening she gets out of in the beginning, and as we see the figure under her arm, she is facing towards the wall with the picture and the christmas tree.

Follow the movements.

The christmas tree is NOT on the same side as that counter.

Edited by Uber Doubter

1 hour ago, Careful_perspective said:

Why was this recorded? That's what im confused about. I don't facetime often, but i cant recall ever recording it? Also while shes on her two minute rant and the thing is seen, why isn't her friend involved in the conversation at all? Not even a "Uh-huh" "Yeah" type of response? 

Because she was using the Marco Polo app which is recorded first and then sent. I’ve never used it but that’s what I’ve read on the internet. 

2 minutes ago, SecretSanta said:

Because she was using the Marco Polo app which is recorded first and then sent. I’ve never used it but that’s what I’ve read on the internet. 

Oh my. That's kind of cool. How interesting. 

10 hours ago, Uber Doubter said:

No, it moved. From the left hand of the picture to the doorway. It is not person sized, but that doesn't make it any less creepy. It is evident from later movements of the camera, that there is nothing left on the left hand side of the picture anymore - so there are not two "figurines" or whatever one chooses to call it.

Right after she talks about getting a bed that is "...off the fe-loor", it seems like the thing now standing in the doorway sort of retreats ever so slightly back into the opening. That's about 24 seconds in.

ComparisonChatPics2.jpg

Are you serious? It didn't move. The camera shot did. The thing you're claim is the ghost or whatever are two different things. You can see the door object already in frame with the first picture and more fully in the second one. Is this what's considered evidence now?

13 minutes ago, DragonFire22 said:

yep, good link that shows proof of misinterpretation.. when there's no proof of something of this nature it immediately turns into a supernatural/ unknown entity encounter enhanced with exaggeration & the odd lie thrown in to try & get the listener to feel the way they did when experiencing something they don't understand .. this kinda thing has been happening for thousands of years

On 12/24/2018 at 4:52 AM, XenoFish said:

Are you serious? It didn't move. The camera shot did. The thing you're claim is the ghost or whatever are two different things. You can see the door object already in frame with the first picture and more fully in the second one. Is this what's considered evidence now?

:D  :tu:

This inability to understand relative motion and how perspective works, rather reminds me of one of the 'photo experts' who briefly appeared in the initial investigations into JFK's death.  Somehow, a guy named Jack White (who was a conspiracy theorist / idiot and was completely untrained in photographic analysis) managed to convince someone he was an expert, but under simple questioning about perspective and some other very basic aspects of photogrammetry, he was revealed as a pretender and his 'analysis' was thrown out even though he was not immediately ejected from the investigation.

I guess, seeing what's happening in the USA at the moment, it should not be surprising that talentless pretenders manage to gain positions of power... but it is depressing.

Edited by ChrLzs
correction, White was, unbelievably, NOT immediately ejected....
  • Thanks 1

I went back and reviewed the video yet again - while the wall with the tree and the picture indeed is on the opposite side of the counter with the figure, I underestimated the amount of movement she had perpendicular to it.

She actually moves past the counter, and thereby has the figure behind her - while I thought the counter remained to her right.

So it's not two different things, or a single thing that moves several meters, it's the same figure that's seen under her arm in the beginning.

As for the snotty remarks about "photo experts" and "non-serious-photographers": I think I know a thing or two about cameras and photography that you don't.

As for this video, it's not so much an "optical illusion" as disorienting movements through an apartment.

23 hours ago, Uber Doubter said:

I went back and reviewed the video yet again - while the wall with the tree and the picture indeed is on the opposite side of the counter with the figure, I underestimated the amount of movement she had perpendicular to it.

She actually moves past the counter, and thereby has the figure behind her - while I thought the counter remained to her right.

So it's not two different things, or a single thing that moves several meters, it's the same figure that's seen under her arm in the beginning.

Mmmm.  As was pointed out by several folks (inc me) quite early...

As for the snotty remarks about "photo experts" and "non-serious-photographers": I think I know a thing or two about cameras and photography that you don't.

Those remarks were neither snotty or directed at anyone in particular.  Given your misinterpretation and errors admitted above, however, the readers might wonder about your proclaimed abilities - I think it a little unwise to make assumptions / putdowns based on your opinion of others, after that....

Had you asked questions rather making those proclamations, especially given that others had already covered that ground....

As for this video, it's not so much an "optical illusion" as disorienting movements through an apartment.

As far as I can see, no-one is referring to optical illusions in this case.  Even so perspective errors and lighting issues can often create an illusion.  Dragonfire's link used those words and was a useful addition - I suspect his first language may not be English, so I'm not really seeing a problem with it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

If a creepy figure didnt appear in my pictures backgrounds ( i dont video chat ) then i would be scared...;)

Oh no she is going to get probed by the aliens 

• 2 weeks later...

I think its fake. Probably got mistaken by some other object such as a human or a toy something else. It needs to me more clear. Its really hard to tell. So ill say its fake.