Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Creepy figure appears in video chat footage

UM-Bot

1 hour ago, ChrLzs said:

Look under her arm in the background at around 0:03.  That's your (blow up?) alien toy right there, imo.  There seems to be some breaks in the video flow, so it may also have been edited to allow them to reposition it, but frankly I can't be bothered to check it frame by frame.  The change in lighting and the back and forth rocking of the video also seems very conveniently arranged to show the thing, scarily silhouetted...

I suspect Lori knows full well what it is, as she put it there...

I didn't see any breaks but it does looks like it was quickly pulled into frame on some type of rollers. To me it looks like it's made of paper mache or something. It did kinda look like it moved it's head but that could just be from motion & that bright ass lamp behind it.

2 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

The only creepy thing here is the video being filmed vertically 

And the women,looks like a total spinner.

2 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

The only creepy thing here is the video being filmed vertically 

That’s only creepy to people/apes like us who know what a floppy disk is. :lol:

20 minutes ago, openozy said:

And the women,looks like a total spinner.

What’s a spinner (to me it’s a fishing lure)? From my parts the equivalent is probably a tripper (drug related)? Unless you’re talking about B&S balls, spinsters? 

As for the OP video; it looks a bit weird, but that’s it for me. 

• Like 1

Has anyone used the Marco Polo app?  I’ve never heard of it before but from what I’ve read it’s not like FaceTime. It’s actually short recorded video messages not live chatting.

Marco Polo bills itself as the "video walkie talkie," a video chat app that lets you send quick messages back and forth with your friends. Much like Snapchat, Marco Polo traffics in messages that are only a few seconds long.

So, I guess her video is pieced together to look like one longer video. Plus her friends response would have been a video which she sent back.  The way she’s describing it, she makes it sound like she and her friend are live chatting not sending recorded messages.

Edited by SecretSanta
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Partially, but also my educated impression of people. Females more extroverted (likes to talk a lot), and often overweight, have an energy type I notice that have stronger paranormal involvements than the average. That as I said, is my impression from decades of quiet observation (and is also a position I have heard others take).

Your decades of quiet observation would have been better spent learning a thing or two about being less offensive toward women.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Your decades of quiet observation would have been better spent learning a thing or two about being less offensive toward women.

I don't get it unless you are just trying to live up to your name. I wasn't offensive at all. And even if an honest observation was judged 'offensive' by some, I would say 'so be it, I think the observation holds merit'.

30 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I don't get it unless you are just trying to live up to your name. I wasn't offensive at all. And even if an honest observation was judged 'offensive' by some, I would say 'so be it, I think the observation holds merit'.

Your observation holds no merit whatsoever. It's nothing more than the bias-infused by-product of one cognitive short-cut too many.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

7 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Your observation holds no merit whatsoever. It's nothing more than the bias-infused by-product of one cognitive short-cut too many.

I feel my observations are intelligently reached and are important to me and others may be interested. I often get ‘Likes’ for my thoughts as in this case.

Considering your ratio of posts to likes, I don't think you have much to brag about. It's 46%. Mine is 93%. If we are using likes as a judge of anything...well, you do the math. In fact, the majority of posters in this thread have more likes than posts, which doesn't make your 46% look any better.

Point being - don't break your arm patting yourself on the back just because someone clicks a "like" button. Calling women generally loud and fat is a ****ing stupid thing to say regardless of who agrees.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I often get ‘Likes’ for my thoughts

If you check back through, I think you'll find a fair few are these...

react_confused.png

And more often than not, these...

react_haha.png

Which are quite an applicable choice for comments like these...

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

I feel my observations are intelligently reached

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stiff said:

react_confused.png

react_haha.png

Yikes - not good for Mr. popularity's 46% like count. How will he be able to measure his own worth now?

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Stiff said:

react_confused.png

react_haha.png

How wrong to think I would judge myself by the prejudices of the dominant culture on this open forum. 

I am pleased tha there are many that ‘Like’ my thoughts.

8 hours ago, Timothy said:

What’s a spinner (to me it’s a fishing lure

To me its a crazy(maybe drug related) off the planet female who spins out about things.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, moonman said:

the majority of posters in this thread have more likes than posts

You rang?

I watched the video. The thing could've been some table top statue. I doubt it's a ghost or alien. Looks like a kid to me.

Wait a moment. There's a Christmas tree. I wonder if it's a Christmas figurine. It's also interesting that the video cuts off before the "big reveal". I'm calling fake on this.

• Like 1

My problem with this is the "I've had lots of paranormal experiences in my life" bit. Major red flag for a fake looking for attention...

Edited by aearluin
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, aearluin said:

My problem with this is the "I've had lots of paranormal experiences in my life" bit. Major red flag for a fake looking for attention...

I am not following your logic.

• Like 1

Here’s my problem with this, if I had a friend that I thought had some stranger in her house I wouldn’t record a video message for her to look at I would call her right away. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, SecretSanta said:

Here’s my problem with this, if I had a friend that I thought had some stranger in her house I wouldn’t record a video message for her to look at I would call her right away. 

I don't understand this comment. They were talking over video chat and the friend saw the entity in the background and asked during the video if there was another person in the house. That part seems reasonable.

Edited by papageorge1

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

I don't understand this comment. They were talking over video chat and the friend saw the entity in the background and asked during the video if there was another person in the house. That part seems reasonable.

No, see this app is like Snapchat. You record small videos to send. Not live video chat like FaceTime.

• Like 1

Here’s the description...

Marco Polo bills itself as the "video walkie talkie," a video chat app that lets you send quick messages back and forth with your friends. Much like Snapchat, Marco Polotraffics in messages that are only a few seconds long

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SecretSanta said:

No, see this app is like Snapchat. You record small videos to send. Not live video chat like FaceTime.

OK, I don't use those apps. At the end for sure it looks to a newbie like me that they are having a live conversation but you are saying they aren't. OK.

However I still don't think your criticism is very strong. At that point the friend thought there may just have been a visitor over but wasn't sure. It seems reasonable she would send a Marco Polo as that was how they were communicating.

4 hours ago, SecretSanta said:

Here’s the description...

Marco Polo bills itself as the "video walkie talkie," a video chat app that lets you send quick messages back and forth with your friends. Much like Snapchat, Marco Polotraffics in messages that are only a few seconds long

OK thanks, but getting back to the OP story; If they were scamming us they could just have easily made the friend's Marco Polo been a phone call instead if that was more believable. I just don't see that as a strong criticism of the believability of the story.

10 hours ago, aearluin said:

Everyone who makes a comment on here is looking for attention,its called communicating.Most aren't as inexperienced or naïve as your comment though.

• Like 1