Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Goatman Or Ghost, Man? Paranormal Investigati

rashore

According to legend, there exists a creature who is half-man, half-goat, living in the woods outside of Louisville, Kentucky. Locals call it the Pope Lick Monster, for it guards the Pope Lick train trestle with an array of supernatural powers including the ability to mimic, hypnotize and scramble the minds of its victims. In my previous article, Hunt for Pope Lick Monster, I explored how the Goatman may have been the product of government genetic testing gone haywire. Certainly an intriguing notion, and one not without merit, considering the strange animal hybrids we’ve already created in our labs, like the Tigon, Liger, Zonkey, Beefalo and the glow-in-the-dark kitty. Then of course, there are those weird creatures that periodically wash up on our shores, or run through fields, not yet identified, like the Montauk Monster, Chupacabre, and South Africa’s own sheep baby “sent by the devil.” Lord only knows what other monstrosities they’re cooking up behind locked doors.

The main stumbling block to this theory is the lack of hard physical evidence. The body of a half-man, half-goat hybrid has yet to be discovered, and in this regards, the Goatman shares much in common with other “Cryptids,” like the Loch Ness Monster, Mothman and Bigfoot. Indeed, it is the aim of cryptozoologists to prove the existence of entities from folklore, with or without scientific proof or method. It is this unorthodox approach that has the academic world relegating the entire field of cryptozoology to the “pseudoscience” bin. No problem, the cryptozoologists have in turn rejected mainstream science as off base, inaccurate, and/or politically motivated.

http://www.paranoiamagazine.com/2018/12/the-paranoid-traveler-goatman-or-ghost-man-paranormal-investigation-louisville-ky/

• Like 3

I believe in the highly likely existence of these paranormal/crypto creatures. I do not buy into the government hybrid experiment gone awry and then let loose or escaped argument. I don't think our science is that good or that sneaky yet.

I think the science types get frustrated because they will insist on the same type of evidence we would expect for natural/normal animals. Who knows all the attributes, traits and capabilities of a paranormal creature? 

• Like 1

I believe the science is advanced enough, but I don't buy the 'escapee' theory.  I think of mothman, etc, as a supernatural entity rather than a physical hybrid. Possibly a tulpa or an elemental.

(BTW... tigons / ligers / beefalo can also occur naturally, so they don't really fit into any 'crypid' category)

Edited by acute