Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Presidential Carpet

RavenHawk

Shut it down Mr. President, shut it all down!  The American people are behind you...

You can see how uncomfortable Nancy and Chuck are.  What a great media ploy.  They weren't expecting it.  And the Progs thought they were going to be able to handle Trump as a lame duck.  He's opened up a full court press.  He ambushed them today and it ain't going to get easier for them from here.  We were taught that you never poke a caged animal with a stick, well, Trump used that stick repeatedly!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

We must have watched a different video. In the one I watched, the President was repeatedly owned and showed that he seriously has no clue what he's talking about

"If you have the votes, let's vote on it now then, Mr. President".

If Trump ran for president right NOW against anyone the dems have, he'd WIN.

your opinion of what Trump knows is born in contempt and anger you have for policies Trump has instituted that have gone on to help many millions of working folk. THat's supposed to be the democrat stronghold. Not in this case, Trump really *does* care.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

We must have watched a different video. In the one I watched, the President was repeatedly owned and showed that he seriously has no clue what he's talking about. 

You don’t get what happened here today.  Trump has Pelosi and Schumer on camera resisting the wall to defend this country (and on CNN to boot).  Nothing they’ve proposed is effectual.  Trump has marginalized those two and when they refuse again, he’ll close the government and pull $5 billion from the defense budget to build the wall for national defense.  And then Pelosi and Schumer will have egg on their face.  Trump will have met perhaps his largest campaign promise.  And he’s got a box full of other things to throw at the progs over the next two years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

We must have watched a different video. In the one I watched, the President was repeatedly owned and showed that he seriously has no clue what he's talking about. 

Agree. Trump’s understanding of legislatating is woefull. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

You don’t get what happened here today.  Trump has Pelosi and Schumer on camera resisting the wall to defend this country (and on CNN to boot).  Nothing they’ve proposed is effectual.  Trump has marginalized those two and when they refuse again, he’ll close the government and pull $5 billion from the defense budget to build the wall for national defense.  And then Pelosi and Schumer will have egg on their face.  Trump will have met perhaps his largest campaign promise.  And he’s got a box full of other things to throw at the progs over the next two years.

Not going to have a national defense budget if he vetoes the spending bill and shuts down the government.  Pretty sure now that Dems control the house that they won't let the president fudge spending anyways- especially since the Constitution delegates the countries purse strings to them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

Not going to have a national defense budget if he vetoes the spending bill and shuts down the government.  Pretty sure now that Dems control the house that they won't let the president fudge spending anyways- especially since the Constitution delegates the countries purse strings to them.

Monies have already been allocated.  Being the Commander-in-chief, he can reallocate from there.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

It’s no secret that the democrats don’t want a wall. Trump has achieved nothing in the video other than show that he can’t count.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Looks like we are going to have a government shutdown then.  Of course even those seem to be jokes these days.  Everyone gets off with back pay, basically.  https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/09/30/10-effects-of-a-federal-government-shutdown

And I’m one of those contractors.  Although we have many weeks of reserves, we are constantly dealing with shutdowns.  One of these days, it’s going to be for a long period.  If I’m putting my job on the line, then I want it to count.

• Like 2

Another thought to the matter.  By saying this, Trump is stating that he thinks the military is overfunded and has money that he can skim off off.  It will give ammunition to anyone wanting to cut military spending.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

He would have done that long ago if that were true.  Especially since it was brought up before back in March: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/mar/30/trump-border-wall-military-budget

Not with Trump.  it’s all timing.  He would prefer bipartisanship, but he will do whatever it takes to defend this nation.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

It’s no secret that the democrats don’t want a wall. Trump has achieved nothing in the video other than show that he can’t count.

And it’s clear they don’t care about the Dreamers or real border security.  This is the second time they have said no to Trump.  He will give them one more chance.

5 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Another thought to the matter.  By saying this, Trump is stating that he thinks the military is overfunded and has money that he can skim off off.  It will give ammunition to anyone wanting to cut military spending.

Progs don’t need any reason to cut the defense budget.  In a $700 billion defense budget, $5 billion is easy to ‘skim off’ through a bit of belt tightening.  And after a real budget is finally passed (getting away from CRs), that $5 billion will be easily replenished.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Progs don’t need any reason to cut the defense budget.  In a $700 billion defense budget, $5 billion is easy to ‘skim off’ through a bit of belt tightening.  And after a real budget is finally passed (getting away from CRs), that $5 billion will be easily replenished.

Then what's the problem?  Trump can build his wall and the Dems can pass a spending bill without wall money in it. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Then what's the problem?  Trump can build his wall and the Dems can pass a spending bill without wall money in it. 

Nothing. We just like to see dems go into outer orbit LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

Military spending SHOULD be cut....A LOT.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

And it’s clear they don’t care about the Dreamers or real border security.  This is the second time they have said no to Trump.  He will give them one more chance.

I wonder whether the American people will give Trump another 4 years if he cripples the country. ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Are you saying that Trump skims the money from the defence budget to build his wall?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

I wonder whether the American people will give Trump another 4 years if he cripples the country. ;)

People think that if you cripple government you cripple america. Maybe in the long run but in the short run, most people will continue to get paid and won't even care. People have short memories. any inconvenience will be quickly forgotten and some who do suffer, may still agree with Trump, *something* has to be done. and they will blame Dems.

This thread reeks of desperation. I watched it and saw a spoiled man baby making demands, then threats. Nobody could get a word in edgewise. The whole meeting boiled down to " Wanna wall, wanna wall, wanna wall." Then threatens to take everyones ball and go home. How presidential.

Hank

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

24 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

People think that if you cripple government you cripple america. Maybe in the long run but in the short run, most people will continue to get paid and won't even care. People have short memories. any inconvenience will be quickly forgotten and some who do suffer, may still agree with Trump, *something* has to be done. and they will blame Dems.

Well I agree with people having a short memory but let’s put this all in context. Even if Trump is right to start a trade war with China, possibly the EU, trade barriers and re-negotiationing existing trade deals and even pulling outta the pacific trade deal, immigration, women’s rights, sex allegations and what not, I think at some point there has to be a straw that breaks the camels back. is shutting the government one step too far?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

This thread reeks of desperation. I watched it and saw a spoiled man baby making demands, then threats. Nobody could get a word in edgewise. The whole meeting boiled down to " Wanna wall, wanna wall, wanna wall." Then threatens to take everyones ball and go home. How presidential.

Hank

It was classic Trump and great TV.  Schumer and Pelosi thought they would be attending a closed-door meeting and at the last second, Trump invited the press, and their cameras, in to watch.

Both Pelosi and Schumer were caught off-guard and looked quite uncomfortable.  All Trump wanted was to start an 'argument' and then let Pelosi and Schumer stammer their way into admitting they will vote against it.  This gives Trump the justification he needs to go ahead with using the military to finish the border wall.  And it leaves the public with the negative perception of Pelosi and Schumer as being against border security.

Trump wins.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Well I agree with people having a short memory but let’s put this all in context. Even if Trump is right to start a trade war with China, possibly the EU, trade barriers and re-negotiationing existing trade deals and even pulling outta the pacific trade deal, immigration, women’s rights, sex allegations and what not, I think at some point there has to be a straw that breaks the camels back. is shutting the government one step too far?

All I can say, Risky, is if Trump's move hurts him in the long run, he can take pride in haven falling on his own sword for the sake of america. I respect that.

• Like 1