Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
RavenHawk

The Presidential Carpet

470 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Gromdor
2 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Sounds like you are not aware of what has been going on with the economy??

 

The local Iowa economy which is based off soybean, pork, and corn trade?  Yeah, I am. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RavenHawk
2 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

The local Iowa economy which is based off soybean, pork, and corn trade?  Yeah, I am. 

So you acknowledge that some sectors are doing better than others and those that aren’t doing that well are being subsidized for the time being but the over-all economy is roaring.  That helps out all sectors.  There is risk but if one doesn’t take risk from time to time, one doesn’t get the big payoff.  It’s been tight on commodities but that’s normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Imaginarynumber1

So why is Trump arguing with democrats when mexico is going to pay for his wall? Thinking Face on Google Android 9.0

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
16 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

So why is Trump arguing with democrats when mexico is going to pay for his wall? Thinking Face on Google Android 9.0

I thought the military was going to build it.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Imaginarynumber1
2 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I thought the military was going to build it.

But.. but on teh campaign trail he said mexico would pay. No way trump lied about that, right? Right?

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RavenHawk
11 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

So why is Trump arguing with democrats when mexico is going to pay for his wall? Thinking Face on Google Android 9.0

I just don’t understand this fixation about Trump getting Mexico to pay for the wall?  The point is getting the wall built.  I guess you expect that we send down a couple of divisions to Mexico City and pound on the Presidential Palace and demand payment or we’ll loot the city?  Chill man.  That’s not Trump’s style.  Mexico will pay but it will take the form of some kind of tariff.  That might encourage them to strengthen their own southern border??  Even if Mexico doesn’t pay for the wall, it would be a much better investment than any Prog boondoggle to date.  It’s a win-win no matter what happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
Just now, RavenHawk said:

Mexico will pay but it will take the form of some kind of tariff. 

What Is A Tariff And Who Pays It?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
1 minute ago, RavenHawk said:

I just don’t understand this fixation about Trump getting Mexico to pay for the wall?  The point is getting the wall built.  I guess you expect that we send down a couple of divisions to Mexico City and pound on the Presidential Palace and demand payment or we’ll loot the city?  Chill man.  That’s not Trump’s style.  Mexico will pay but it will take the form of some kind of tariff.  That might encourage them to strengthen their own southern border??  Even if Mexico doesn’t pay for the wall, it would be a much better investment than any Prog boondoggle to date.  It’s a win-win no matter what happens.

 

He's had two years of a Republican House, Senate, and Presidency.  If he couldn't get it done then, how is expecting to do it when people who think it's a waste of time and money are in the driver's seat of the House?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Imaginarynumber1
13 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

I just don’t understand this fixation about Trump getting Mexico to pay for the wall?  The point is getting the wall built.  I guess you expect that we send down a couple of divisions to Mexico City and pound on the Presidential Palace and demand payment or we’ll loot the city?  Chill man.  That’s not Trump’s style.  Mexico will pay but it will take the form of some kind of tariff.  That might encourage them to strengthen their own southern border??  Even if Mexico doesn’t pay for the wall, it would be a much better investment than any Prog boondoggle to date.  It’s a win-win no matter what happens.

 

Can you hear that? It's the sound of goalposts being moved.

Also, that's not how tariffs work.

  • Thanks 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Truman show
2 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

Oh, nothing major, just the economy.

 

Giving Trump credit for Obama’s hard work isn’t really nice. :P

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
Just now, Captain Risky said:

Giving Trump credit for Obama’s hard work isn’t really nice. :P

you mean "you did not build that" hard work? lmao, maybe from  Australia it seems like he was working hard, but from here, does not look like that at all.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RavenHawk
21 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Gleckman is basically right but he totally misses the motivation.  This is a Trade War and Trump is the General.  He wields a tariff much better than a carrier task group.  We are being taken advantage of by China with 100s of billions in deficit.  The whole point of the tariff is to break China before we break.  If we do nothing, our economy will collapse.  This is a war we can win if we stay-the-course.  And then we can establish a fair-trade deal as we now have with Canada and Mexico.  And it will increase competition more favorably for everyone.

 

I like what Gleckman stated: “But even if it isn’t, keep in mind that the government expects to collect $2.4 trillion in tax revenue in 2018--making $22 billion loose change in the fiscal sofa cushions.”  The wall is but loose change to this country and we have progs crying over spilled milk.  This is just more evidence of TDS.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MWoo7
8 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

. . .   The whole point of the tariff is to break China before we break.  If we do nothing, our economy will collapse.  This is a war we can win if we stay-the-course.  And then we can establish a fair-trade deal as we now have with Canada and Mexico.  And it will increase competition more favorably for everyone.

YEah but you've a GIANT wave of the twinkle toes, purple pink haired monsters and the bleeding hearts that will try to mess things up, so -- there's hardly any staying the course as you put it.

Edited by MWoo7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
6 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

I like what Gleckman stated: “But even if it isn’t, keep in mind that the government expects to collect $2.4 trillion in tax revenue in 2018--making $22 billion loose change in the fiscal sofa cushions.”  The wall is but loose change to this country and we have progs crying over spilled milk.  This is just more evidence of TDS.

 

Don't you get tired of being lied to though?  Taxes are paid by Americans. So Mexico isnt actually going to pay for the wall Americans are.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RavenHawk
33 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

He's had two years of a Republican House, Senate, and Presidency.  If he couldn't get it done then, how is expecting to do it when people who think it's a waste of time and money are in the driver's seat of the House?

That means nothing.  The Republican party had been too divided.  It took two years to purge the ranks but that has been corrected for the most part.  Most of the Rinos and Trump-haters are gone.  When Conservatives regain the House again, then things will get done.  But Trump may not need to wait another two years.  It depends on who the Speaker of the House is?  If it is Pelosi then Trump can spend that time poking a caged animal.  If perhaps the Young Turks take control, I think you’ll find that Trump will be able to work with them and we’ll be able to get something for both sides.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RavenHawk
35 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Can you hear that? It's the sound of goalposts being moved.

That’s clever coming from someone doesn’t know what a goalpost is.

 

Also, that's not how tariffs work.

Then you need to change your definition.  Trump is using it as a weapon and he is being very effective with it.  I suppose you’d prefer we launch a few nukes?  Sigh…such hypocrisy.  We lost $375 billion in trade with China last year and you wine about a wall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RavenHawk
39 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Giving Trump credit for Obama’s hard work isn’t really nice. :P

Obama’s hard work failed, thank GOD!  He nearly broke this economy and that was the plan.  Obama artificially held this economy back.  Now its raw power has been released, thanks to Trump!  The economy has much improved, not because of Obama but in spite of.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Truman show
35 minutes ago, aztek said:

you mean "you did not build that" hard work? lmao, maybe from  Australia it seems like he was working hard, but from here, does not look like that at all.

I can read the financial papers and news just as well in Australia as you can in the U.S. So Trump after 2 years and spending half that time talking about a wall the Mexican ‘s should be funding is responsible for the U.S. economy. What about the share market downturns,  Is that Obama’s problem or Trump’s?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Truman show
4 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Obama’s hard work failed, thank GOD!  He nearly broke this economy and that was the plan.  Obama artificially held this economy back.  Now its raw power has been released, thanks to Trump!  The economy has much improved, not because of Obama but in spite of.

 

that “raw” Trump power is messing with my shares.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Truman show
33 minutes ago, MWoo7 said:

YEah but you've a GIANT wave of the twinkle toes, purple pink haired monsters and the bleeding hearts that will try to mess things up, so -- there's hardly any staying the course as you put it.

You just read my mind.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
13 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

If perhaps the Young Turks take control, I think you’ll find that Trump will be able to work with them and we’ll be able to get something for both sides.

 I don't think the "Young Turks"  will want any part of President Trump.  They are the future.  They can sit back and watch McConnell and Schumer and Pelosi and Trump take pot shots at each other  and destroy each other.  Then the stage will be clear for them to take over.  President Trump is damaged goods.  It is not just the progs he has to contend with.  Industry is voting with their feet.  GM is making cars in China to sell in China, partially because of steel and aluminum tariffs, but for other reasons too.  China is a bigger market for new cars and electric cars than the US.  You go where the money is.   Same with Harley Davidson, they are not un-American, they are the capitalist system trying to survive.  Same with nail manufacturers that have to shut down plants  because steel in America is non-competitive on the world market.

 

7 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Then you need to change your definition.  Trump is using it as a weapon and he is being very effective with it.  I suppose you’d prefer we launch a few nukes?  Sigh…such hypocrisy.  We lost $375 billion in trade with China last year and you wine about a wall.

If  he is using it as a weapon, it will damage us as well as our enemy.  Misplaced to talk about Nukes, that is a conservative solution isn't it?, Progs are globalist socialists remember.  We did not Lose $375 billion dollars in trade to China last year.  We bought $375 billion dollars more in goods than we sold.  That is not the same as losing.  Tariffs don't make US industries more competitive on the world stage, they just cause US consumers to pay more.  If we were competitive, we could sell China  $375 billion dollars more in US goods.  China is China first! President Xi is better at China first! than President Trump is at America first!.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
Just now, Captain Risky said:

I can read the financial papers and news just as well in Australia as you can in the U.S. So Trump after 2 years and spending half that time talking about a wall the Mexican ‘s should be funding is responsible for the U.S. economy. What about the share market downturns,  Is that Obama’s problem or Trump’s?

then why don't you, if you can. , he does much more than that, as you see economy is up.  it was worst under obama, and getting slower every year, if you read financial papers during obama you'd know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RavenHawk
29 minutes ago, MWoo7 said:

YEah but you've a GIANT wave of the twinkle toes, purple pink haired monsters and the bleeding hearts that will try to mess things up, so -- there's hardly any staying the course as you put it.

This is what explains the current market (which is just a portion of the economy).  There are just enough Progressive speculators shooting themselves in the foot to bring down this economy.  I don’t think this will last too much longer.  These people will be looking at their bottom line and realize they need to start working for their shareholders again.  Necessity and common sense will stay-the-course, plus old fashion greed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
3 minutes ago, aztek said:

then why don't you, if you can. , he does much more than that, as you see economy is up.  it was worst under obama, and getting slower every year, if you read financial papers during obama you'd know.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2018/jan/08/how-trump-obama-compare-stock-market/

Here’s a summary:

President

Length of term

Closing Dow Jones Industrial Average

Percentage increase in the Dow Jones Industrial Average

Barack Obama

8 years

19,827

+ 149 percent

George W. Bush

8 years

7,949

- 25 percent

Bill Clinton

8 years

10,578

+ 227 percent

George H.W. Bush

4 years

3,242

+ 45 percent

Ronald Reagan

8 years

2,235

+ 135 percent

 

Doesn't look like Obama did so badly, kind of knocked the knickers off #43.  Hey wait a minute, Obama and Clinton are tops in the list, how can that be?  Aren't they both globalist, socialist, destroy America Democrats?

 

  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

lol, if economy now is Obama's achievements than economy under obama is bush achievement, and economy under Clinton is another  bush achievement.

Edited by aztek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.