Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

That's Karma !

Jon the frog

“I’m not trying to cause hate and animosity to the people who live in that town, because there’s very good people in that town,” the 54-year-old Westford native says of his fellow residents in the 2,000-person town. “All the people are very good people.”

With the exception, Pelkey says, of the Westford Selectboard, Development Review Board, and other town leaders, who have blocked his efforts to get a permit to build the 8,000-square-foot garage, so he could move his truck repair and monofilament recycling businesses in nearby Swanton to his own property.

I like this guy. Nothing more frustrating than fighting through red tape to get permission to modify your own property.

Why can’t officials do anything about the sculpture?

Pelkey says he originally expected that he would be forced to take it down.

Vermont is one of the few states in the country with a ban on billboards, otherwise defined as “off-premise advertising signs.” And while Pelkey is clearly advertising his fury with local officials, his giant middle finger sculpture isn’t technically a sign for his business, according to the Vermont Agency of Transportation.

“Although the structure is visible from a state highway, it is outside of the State Right of Way and not within our jurisdiction,” Jacqui DeMen, a spokeswoman for the agency, told Boston.com in an email. “The structure does not meet the statutory definition of ‘sign’ and thus can’t be regulated under the Vermont Billboard Law.”

"The structure" :lol:

2 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

I like this guy. Nothing more frustrating than fighting through red tape to get permission to modify your own property.

well it depends, turning your residential property into a commercial often will create zoning violation, and will destroy neighbors' quality of life, and will no doubt devalue their property.  i have little doubts if he wanted just a garage to store his cars, bikes.. there would be no resistance, but he wanted to create a dump yard on his property.

• Like 8

In the state where I am in, the state has superceded local zoning laws and passed a law that protects an individual who wishes to park his work vehicle , say - truck, on his own property. Vermont is full of Bernie Sanders moon bats

I admire the simplicity, yet very clear message, of the artist. So rare to see that in contemporary art these days.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

@sci-nerd    Sci,, some would call it minimalist cubism. lol     as in, "Cube YOU"  :rolleyes:

Yes, and any attempt to copy it would inevitably be called "Forge You" :P