Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Disney song to be cut because of misogyny

OverSword

An all-male Princeton University a cappella group will no longer perform a song from Disney’s “The Little Mermaid” because some students there complained that the performance promotes misogyny and “toxic masculinity” and violates consent.

link

I've been kissed by females that didn't ask permission.  Was that okay?  I thought so at the time but now..............

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The main question I've got, is why is any self respecting all male singing group singing ANY Disney songs?...

• Haha 8

Just now, Taun said:

The main question I've got, is why is any self respecting all male singing group singing ANY Disney songs?...

So they can get to kiss a princess, without requiring permission ... :lol:

~

Might as well enjoy this little misogynist ditty while its still okay to bop the p wagon to ...

~

[00.03:05]

~

• Like 2

Oh geesh, up next is Mulan's "I'll make a man out of you" song. :rolleyes:

• Haha 5

Jeeeez.... it's a bloody kiss, he isn't trying to cop a feel at the same time.. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, OverSword said:

How did people become so sensitive?  It's insane.

If you figure it out let us know. I'm clueless as well. My best guess is helicopter parents.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

If you figure it out let us know. I'm clueless as well. My best guess is helicopter parents.

Safe spaces, trigger alerts, and the nutty idea that our society is still based on men completely dominating women.  And if any man here has ever tried to dominate his female partner they know that probably never happened in the past too much either.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 4

Just now, OverSword said:

Safe spaces, trigger alerts, and the nutty idea that our society is still based on men completely dominating women.  And if anyone here has ever tried to dominate their female partner they know that probably never happened in the past too much either.

It's like they've been shelter from reality. Similar to how everything is "racist", I don't think I have ever met someone who's openly racist, and I live in the south. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Disney Princesses may be planning something all along ...

~

~

[00.01:02]

~

:yes:

~

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Society has made it beneficial to be offended. Anytime you do not like something all you got to do is be offended and you win 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

I've been kissed by females that didn't ask permission.  Was that okay?  I thought so at the time but now..............

Its college this is where and when kids are supposed to get stupidity out of their system.

Can you imagine if right wing media treated all college student issues like they do political ones?

I can see the headlines now :  "Pajamas to class: the new scourge of America?" ......... "Restaurants will soon be a thing of the past as Top Ramen takes over the world" ........" Fitness crisis as University study shows Beer Pong the most played sport in 2018" .....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Its college this is where and when kids are supposed to get stupidity out of their system.

Can you imagine if right wing media treated all college student issues like they do political ones?

I can see the headlines now :  "Pajamas to class: the new scourge of America?" ......... "Restaurants will soon be a thing of the past as Top Ramen takes over the world" ........" Fitness crisis as University study shows Beer Pong the most played sport in 2018" .....

I agree, however I also think that the stupidity continues after college for some :lol:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

I agree, however I also think that the stupidity continues after college for some :lol:

Some people need to be trained to be stupid.. Others have a natural affinity for it...

I myself turned pro many years back :D

• Haha 6

I had to change stuff due to extreme unpoliteness. It’s just a G@# Damn song, pull up your man and woman pants, if you get offended, get offended about something that matters not a stupid disney movie. Or even a song in a stupid disney film.

Edited by newbloodmoon
  • Thanks 1

I recall when I was little and we visited my aunts, they would always kiss me without my permission!   I demand they are arrested, charged with paedophilia and sent to prison for not less than 30 years.  I also demand at least £10m in compensation.   Obviously I now have PTSD.  And numerous neuroses that prevent me from earning lots of money.  

:rolleyes:

• Like 1