Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Tiggs

National Enquirer Immunity Deal

206 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Tiggs

Federal prosecutors have given immunity to the the company that publishes The National Enquirer in connection with the $150,000 hush-money payment the supermarket tabloid gave Karen McDougal, the Playboy model who claims she had an affair with President Donald Trump.

That payment to McDougal was made shortly before the 2016 presidential election, and was done "to influence" that election, which sent Trump to the White House, according to the United States Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York.

Source: CNBC

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor

Hmm.... This part is pretty telling: 

The company also admitted "it made the $150,000 payment in concert with" Trump's campaign, according to the SDNY.

"AMI further admitted that its principal purpose in making the payment was to suppress the woman's story so as to prevent it from influencing the election," prosecutors said.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

any immunity is revoked if the person proven to lie, all trump lawyer would need is to show company is lying, no matter how little, no matter about what.   that's if it ever gets to a trial, which will likely never happen

Edited by aztek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vlad the Mighty

i don't really understand this story, which all sounds far too complicated, but I'm sorry? The National Enquirer? They're using that rag now as evidence that the Fuhrer ought to be strung up from a lamppost? (es I know I'm mixing my dictators)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

it's a liberal wet dream,  to see rags like enquirer have any credibility, lol. well, much of luck to them

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
3 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

i don't really understand this story, which all sounds far too complicated, but I'm sorry? The National Enquirer? They're using that rag now as evidence that the Fuhrer ought to be strung up from a lamppost? (es I know I'm mixing my dictators)

Yeah, more or less.  Trump cheats on wife a decade ago. Campaign decides they need to cover up loose ends to win election.  Get's National Enquirer to buy the story from her (bribe her) for $150,000.  And apparently used campaign funds to do it, if I am interpreting it right.

  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
6 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

i don't really understand this story, which all sounds far too complicated, but I'm sorry? The National Enquirer? They're using that rag now as evidence that the Fuhrer ought to be strung up from a lamppost? (es I know I'm mixing my dictators)

National Enquirer bought negative stories about Trump for the sole purpose of hiding the stories once they had the rights to them.

Its not about the Enquirer having credibility as a news organization its about the owners personal relationship with Trump.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vlad the Mighty
3 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

National Enquirer bought negative stories about Trump for the sole purpose of hiding the stories once they had the rights to them.

So this was in fact a pro-Trump plot or conspiracy? Some commendable imagination there. I fully commend them for it :yes: 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
Just now, Vlad the Mighty said:

So this was in fact a pro-Trump plot or conspiracy? Some commendable imagination there. I fully commend them for it :yes: 

True gangster **** right there .....

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

think twice before you sue someone.

Stormy Daniels Ordered to Pay Trump $293,000 in Legal Fees

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/stormy-daniels-ordered-pay-trump-215656804.html

she wanted her 15 min of fame, she got it,  should have kept her front door shut, now she has to pay 2,5 more than trump paid her. that is not counting fees she owes her lawyer

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
2 minutes ago, aztek said:

think twice before you sue someone.

Stormy Daniels Ordered to Pay Trump $293,000 in Legal Fees

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/stormy-daniels-ordered-pay-trump-215656804.html

Silly girl should have known not to sue a billionaire.  They will merely bankrupt you with legal fees even if you are in the right. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kittens Are Jerks
1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

Hmm.... This part is pretty telling: 

The company also admitted "it made the $150,000 payment in concert with" Trump's campaign, according to the SDNY.

"AMI further admitted that its principal purpose in making the payment was to suppress the woman's story so as to prevent it from influencing the election," prosecutors said.

So much for Trump's argument that the payoffs were merely a "private transaction".

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

the company will admit to anything, liberals still got power. and company by the balls.

he paid off a hooker so his wife wont find out, that i believe, but campaign influence b.s. lol  nope

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps
4 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Yeah, more or less.  Trump cheats on wife a decade ago. Campaign decides they need to cover up loose ends to win election.  Get's National Enquirer to buy the story from her (bribe her) for $150,000.  And apparently used campaign funds to do it, if I am interpreting it right.

woopie doo dah day.

Back in the day, Hilary had Bimbo Eruption Insurance taken out on big Bubba, father of our land. The "nuts and ****s" just kept a'coming!

3 woman accused big Bubba of rape and two of sexual assault.... and you want to talk about Trump and his sexploits...? The Enquirer is exactly where that crap deserves to be.

 

PS: the "s" word I can't use in here is what Hilary called these women

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
1 hour ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

woopie doo dah day.

Back in the day, Hilary had Bimbo Eruption Insurance taken out on big Bubba, father of our land. The "nuts and ****s" just kept a'coming!

3 woman accused big Bubba of rape and two of sexual assault.... and you want to talk about Trump and his sexploits...? The Enquirer is exactly where that crap deserves to be.

 

PS: the "s" word I can't use in here is what Hilary called these women

You're talking about someone you think deserves to be in jail, though, right?  Isn't comparing Trump with someone that deserves to be in jail tantamount to saying Trump deserves to be in jail as well?

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps
5 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Silly girl should have known not to sue a billionaire.  They will merely bankrupt you with legal fees even if you are in the right. 

Gromdor, C'mon, she had backing. Some interested person like Soros has her covered for her turning on Trump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps
4 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

So much for Trump's argument that the payoffs were merely a "private transaction".

Did Hilary Clinton pay money for the Steele Dossier in order to "influence the election"?

Don't fall for the propaganda. It's perfectly legal. A candidate is supposed to do whatever they can to influence voters into their camp. Of course, in Trump's case, spin masters have done a great job in making people think that "influencing the election" is illegal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
2 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Gromdor, C'mon, she had backing. Some interested person like Soros has her covered for her turning on Trump.

Honestly, I think she has Trump backing her.  Republican House, Senate and Presidency and nothing after a whole campaign of "Lock her up!"

It's no secret that the Trumps and Clintons were friends for years before the election.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps
13 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

You're talking about someone you think deserves to be in jail, though, right?  Isn't comparing Trump with someone that deserves to be in jail tantamount to saying Trump deserves to be in jail as well?

Not at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tiggs
10 hours ago, aztek said:

any immunity is revoked if the person proven to lie, all trump lawyer would need is to show company is lying, no matter how little, no matter about what.   that's if it ever gets to a trial, which will likely never happen

Well, Time will tell. I have a different theory.

My theory goes a little something like this:

The NYSD don't usually hand out "Get out of jail free" cards like candy -- but this is the third they've granted in their investigation so far.
.
The first was to David Pecker -- the publisher of the National Enquirer. The second was to Allen Weisselberg -- the CFO of the Trump Organization. And now -- to the National Enquirer, as a whole..

In Cohen's original court paperwork, two executives of the Trump Organization are referenced -- "Executive 1" and "Executive 2" -- in regard to their approval of payments to Cohen for Stormy Daniels.

Executive 1 is widely thought to be Weisselberg.

My theory is that it's Executive 2's turn in the indictment barrel next.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skliss

Hillary's entire staff got "Get out of Jail Free" cards...just sayin'.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
44 minutes ago, skliss said:

Hillary's entire staff got "Get out of Jail Free" cards...just sayin'.  

I noticed the right wing media machine went into overdrive with that narrative right after the Cohen and Manafort memos went public.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skliss
22 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I noticed the right wing media machine went into overdrive with that narrative right after the Cohen and Manafort memos went public.

It's a valid point. Most of her staff got immunity before any indication of what they could tell us and then they refused to testify anyway....which imo was the plan. They should have been supenoed and forced to tell us what went on as is what normally happens in an investigation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
1 hour ago, skliss said:

It's a valid point. Most of her staff got immunity before any indication of what they could tell us and then they refused to testify anyway....which imo was the plan. They should have been supenoed and forced to tell us what went on as is what normally happens in an investigation.

IDK it  may be a valid point with a huge emphasis on may but I think using it as a distraction / defense tactic is pretty transparent

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tiggs
2 hours ago, skliss said:

It's a valid point. Most of her staff got immunity before any indication of what they could tell us and then they refused to testify anyway....which imo was the plan. They should have been supenoed and forced to tell us what went on as is what normally happens in an investigation.

So -- what are you claiming? That the NYSD is giving people immunity deals to cover up for Trump?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.