Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Tiggs

National Enquirer Immunity Deal

206 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

and then
Just now, Gromdor said:

Campaign finance fraud because he apparently didn't directly use his own money. 

That's not what I was responding to.  Tiggs stated that what he did was illegal, regardless the source of funds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
Just now, and then said:

That's cool.  Mind you remember that all this is destabilizing our SYSTEM.  It isn't going to just be about Trump, he'll be gone in a few years, regardless.  What we are seeing is an open, all-out assault on our system of government.  The corruption has always been a problem but now they feel so secure in their power that they are moving out in the open and the media is working with them to get rid of all opposition.  It's going to be an interesting decade.

If our system rewards corruption by protecting the powerful from their crimes then maybe it should be destroyed.  Maybe next time, the voters will pick someone who isn't a crook?

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

If our system rewards corruption by protecting the powerful from their crimes then maybe it should be destroyed.  Maybe next time, the voters will pick someone who isn't a crook?

Well, America had thr choice between two crooks last time, do you think it’ll be any different the next time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
Just now, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Well, America had thr choice between two crooks last time, do you think it’ll be any different the next time?

It had more than that.  Everyone just decided that they had to pick of the two crooks is all. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
2 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

If our system rewards corruption by protecting the powerful from their crimes then maybe it should be destroyed.  Maybe next time, the voters will pick someone who isn't a crook?

I fully believe it should be destroyed in its current state.  Unfortunately, it will take a massive displacement of some kind to motivate people to accept the pain that such a change will cause.  At some point, it WILL come.  Governments will all become corrupt in time and the people will either fight it or become slaves.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
7 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

It had more than that.  Everyone just decided that they had to pick of the two crooks is all. 

That also shows the role of the media 5th column.  They have total control of the dissemination of information to the majority of voters.  Sure, there is internet but they are increasingly gaining more control of that as well.  NO party or opposition ideology can succeed against that kind of entrenched power and influence.  They will someday go too far and even their chattels will be ready to fight back.

Edited by and then
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa

Two newly appointed supreme court justices and possibly a third before 2020 not to mention a number of lower court judges, does that not count for something in the conservative tally of achievements? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hammerclaw

When a sitting President was impeached for lying about an affair in the Oval Office, the Left's mantra was that his "private life" was off limits and non sequitur. The payments to Stormy didn't influence the election in any way--no one knew about them, or her. They neutralized the potential influence of an alleged sordid little affair in a candidate's "private life" on the election. 

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword

A tabloid makes a bribe to suppress a political scandal? What could be the possible motivation? Seems very counter intuitive to put it mildly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Agent0range
3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

A tabloid makes a bribe to suppress a political scandal? What could be the possible motivation? Seems very counter intuitive to put it mildly.

Two good friends.  One being able to use company money instead of his own to help a friend.  You are focusing too much on the entity than the people involved. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
Just now, Agent0range said:

Two good friends.  One being able to use company money instead of his own to help a friend.  You are focusing too much on the entity than the people involved. 

Friends schmends, how much money could a magazine have made with such verifiable smut during the election? The clintons and trump used to be friends so we see what that’s worth. Regardless it doesn’t change what I said. Counter intuitive to put it mildly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword

So did trump pay the enquirer with campaign money and then the enquirer used that money to buy the stories and sit on them? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tiggs
2 hours ago, and then said:

That's not what I was responding to.  Tiggs stated that what he did was illegal, regardless the source of funds.

Any way you slice it -- they weren't included in the campaign finance reports.

 

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

The payments to Stormy didn't influence the election in any way--no one knew about them, or her

...which influenced the election.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
3 hours ago, Tiggs said:

Any way you slice it -- they weren't included in the campaign finance reports.

 

...which influenced the election.

So things folks didn’t know, but should have, influence elections and covering them up is bad? *cough*heremails*cough* :P

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tiggs
4 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

So things folks didn’t know, but should have, influence elections and covering them up is bad? *cough*heremails*cough* :P

Pretty sure everyone knew about those, before the vote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
1 minute ago, Tiggs said:

Pretty sure everyone knew about those, before the vote.

They knew they existed. Same as how everyone knew Trump can’t keep his Little Trump in its Tower.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
6 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

When a sitting President was impeached for lying about an affair in the Oval Office, the Left's mantra was that his "private life" was off limits and non sequitur. The payments to Stormy didn't influence the election in any way--no one knew about them, or her. They neutralized the potential influence of an alleged sordid little affair in a candidate's "private life" on the election. 

When the outrage hit over child seperations the Trumpian response was "well its just the law, nothing can be done, it must be enforced" , yet now it doesnt matter that the law was broken because someone once said something about "private life" ?.

Man thats a weird ass moral compass

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tiggs
1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

They knew they existed. Same as how everyone knew Trump can’t keep his Little Trump in its Tower.

Sure. Candidates often commit multiple felonies and pay quarter of a million dollars to cover up stuff that's entirely inconsequential.

May also want to note -- from an entirely legal perspective -- that both Cohen and Pecker are on record saying that they did it to stop the stories influencing the election.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

When the outrage hit over child seperations the Trumpian response was "well its just the law, nothing can be done, it must be enforced" , yet now it doesnt matter that the law was broken because someone once said something about "private life" ?.

Man thats a weird ass moral compass

My question is, What does any of that have to do with Russian Collusion?  The answer is...it doesn't.  But...when one is on a Witch hunt, they are bound to find something incriminating about practically anyone if they look hard enough.  

So...another question.  Suspect A has his apartment searched and the police find drugs.  But there was never a search warrant issued for the search.  The case would be thrown out of court on those grounds.  So if an investigation begins into someone's life, and it is all for nefarious reasons other than the actual reason given...isn't that the same thing?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
12 minutes ago, joc said:

My question is, What does any of that have to do with Russian Collusion?  The answer is...it doesn't.  But...when one is on a Witch hunt, they are bound to find something incriminating about practically anyone if they look hard enough.  

Are you really mad because crimes are being uncovered? I simply cant wrap my brain around that, its like the drug dealer telling cops "cant arrest me for that dead body becase youre here for the drugs" .

Really though the bottom line is If there were no crimes they wouldn't be being uncovered.

 

15 minutes ago, joc said:

So...another question.  Suspect A has his apartment searched and the police find drugs.  But there was never a search warrant issued for the search.  The case would be thrown out of court on those grounds.  So if an investigation begins into someone's life, and it is all for nefarious reasons other than the actual reason given...isn't that the same thing?  

They're not starting investigations to find things, theyre finding things in the course of their investigation into Russian meddling.

The impression I get is that the Trump organization has been corrupt for decades (we "knew" that in the 80's though) and their wealth has allowed them to not work too hard at covering that corruption. So now that investigators are walking through the details of their operation they're simply tripping over things which need to be investigated.

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

Are you really mad because crimes are being uncovered? I simply cant wrap my brain around that, its like the drug dealer telling cops "cant arrest me for that dead body becase youre here for the drugs" .

 

 

In the case of Trump though....  The Investigators themselves planted the drugs as well as the dead body.  Hillary's obvious crimes go unpunished as the dems seek to destroy Trump.  That's what frosts me.  I don't give a hoot about Cohen...if you have past crimes in your closet, maybe you don't want to put yourself in such a public forum as a Presidential Election.  Hillary and the DNC created the Dossier that Comey used to get a FISA warrant on Carter Page.  It wasn't evidence of anything, it was fabricated dirt to throw on Trump...and Comey knew it!  The entire investigation is a witch hunt designed to A: exonerate Hillary, B: cover the tracks of Comey and the entire Obama Justice Dept., and C:  Destroy Trump because he won the election that Hillary was supposed to win.

Quote

 

Really though the bottom line is If there were no crimes they wouldn't be being uncovered.

They're not starting investigations to find things, theyre finding things in the course of their investigation into Russian meddling.

 

The FBI can manufacture crimes almost at will, almost for anyone.   I'm not saying Cohen did nothing...I don't know.   But what I do know is that this is a witch hunt to destroy Trump.  If they cared about Russian meddling...they would be investigating the Clinton's dealings with Russia and trying to figure out if there is a connection between the Clinton Foundation and Uranium!
 

Quote

The impression I get is that the Trump organization has been corrupt for decades (we "knew" that in the 80's though) and their wealth has allowed them to not work too hard at covering that corruption. So now that investigators are walking through the details of their operation they're simply tripping over things which need to be investigated.

Of course that's the impression you get.  That is the exact impression that the Media wants you to have.  It is the narrative. You know, if you hang a juicy worm over a bunch of crappie, the crappie are going to go for it hook, line and sinker!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
1 minute ago, joc said:

  The Investigators themselves planted the drugs as well as the dead body. 

You have to stop making stuff up. Seriously its becoming scary.

1 minute ago, joc said:

Hillary's obvious crimes go unpunished as the dems seek to destroy Trump. 

Mueller is a republican, put in place by a republican , the DOJ is currently ran by republicans. The dems have nothing to do with the investigation. Well they didnt now that theyve taken the house they definitely will have their own investigations - which sadly could and should have been done over the last two years.

3 minutes ago, joc said:

If they cared about Russian meddling...they would be investigating the Clinton's dealings with Russia and trying to figure out if there is a connection between the Clinton Foundation and Uranium!

There have been investigations. The reality is Hillary had NO POWER over that deal , she was one of 8 people who made advisory recommendations to POTUS. There is literally zero reason for her to have been bribed.

5 minutes ago, joc said:

Of course that's the impression you get.  That is the exact impression that the Media wants you to have.  It is the narrative. You know, if you hang a juicy worm over a bunch of crappie, the crappie are going to go for it hook, line and sinker!

Perhaps that would be true but as ive said many times he was a well known con man and liar decades before he got into politics. As a young kid  being raised in a conservative christian household Trump was always held out as the example of the worst of human kind and exactly the type of human you should avoid . Greedy, corrupt, selfish, unfaithful and untruthful and this was long before he was an alleged "conservative" for the media to hate.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

You have to stop making stuff up. Seriously its becoming scary.

I'm not making anything up!  The entire story of Trump paying Prostitutes to pee on a bed Obama slept in was a complete fabrication of a former MI6 operative Christopher Steele who was hired by Fusion GPS.   Steele colluded with Russian spies and came up with a story about Trump.  Hillary and the DNC paid for it.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword

One thing is for sure, this is a hot topic in this forum and nowhere else. I’ve been flipping between Sunday morning network political shows this morning and it hasn’t been discussed on any of them that I have seen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hammerclaw
5 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

When the outrage hit over child seperations the Trumpian response was "well its just the law, nothing can be done, it must be enforced" , yet now it doesnt matter that the law was broken because someone once said something about "private life" ?.

Man thats a weird ass moral compass

No, that's political reality; what's good for the goose, is good for the gander. The Dems lowered the bar to save Slick Willie and it's stuck there, now.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.