Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hey! It's a thread about The Purge.

Ares_Zeusson

21 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Sounds like you’re getting ready to go into combat. Good plan. I think (and I could be wrong) but any ‘Purge’ would be like any everyday homicide, I.e. most will be killed by  friend or relative. Everyone pretends they’re there to help you and protect only to get you when you lease expect. A bit like a family Christmas gathering. :D

Who said I would trust anyone?

29 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Are you saying that the family in your community that doesn’t get on with everyone is gonna get whacked ?  Very brutal!

:lol: No, they are just aloof, had a dog that was allowed to run the neighborhood and continually get into trouble. Only try to get to know people they can benefit in business from. Didn't come out to help after a tornado came through and everyone was trying to clear the trees off the roads. Generally unsociable and we leave them alone.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Who said I would trust anyone?

I didn’t say that. Just that I’d be looking in my immediate vicinity to survive or purge before I left my home. That’s all. :)

13 minutes ago, Michelle said:

:lol: No, they are just aloof, had a dog that was allowed to run the neighborhood and continually get into trouble. Only try to get to know people they can benefit in business from. Didn't come out to help after a tornado came through and everyone was trying to clear the trees off the roads. Generally unsociable and we leave them alone.

Aloof will do it every time... maybe they’re Democrat voters. Just sayin...

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Are you saying that the family in your community that doesn’t get on with everyone is gonna get whacked ?  Very brutal!

What a bizarre take on her statement.  Seriously, man, step away from the CT sites :w00t:   I expect that if that single family of malcontents could see the writing on the wall, so to speak, they'd become good citizens in a quick hurry.  Or they'd find greener pastures ;) 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

This is similar to those hypothetical zombie survival questions, a "what would you do?" type of things. 

Sure I'd want to purge some people, but in reality, I'd be hunkered down somewhere remote till the night was done. Zombies however, that's a different story all together.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

This is similar to those hypothetical zombie survival questions, a "what would you do?" type of things. 

Sure I'd want to purge some people, but in reality, I'd be hunkered down somewhere remote till the night was done. Zombies however, that's a different story all together.

Zombies, the last safe group to hate :w00t:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

OMG! If there must be a TEOTWAWKI apocalypse & I had the ability to choose it would damn sure be zombies.

That would almost be too much fun.

2 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Aloof will do it every time... maybe they’re Democrat voters. Just sayin...

About half the people in the neighborhood are Democrats. 

Inconceivable as it may be to you, we all get along regardless of political parties, ethnicity or religion. You can shove your judgmental attitude where the sun don't shine.

13 minutes ago, Michelle said:

About half the people in the neighborhood are Democrats. 

Inconceivable as it may be to you, we all get along regardless of political parties, ethnicity or religion. You can shove your judgmental attitude where the sun don't shine.

You put a laughing emoji on the original post you quoted and now you want me to perform a crude form of colonoscopy with something you found funny? Very strange...

:rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

You put a laughing emoji on the original post you quoted and now you want me to perform a crude form of colonoscopy with something you found funny? Very strange...

:rolleyes:

Not knowing which post you are referring to...I could have been laughing at you.

In the future, I won't respond to you at all.

7 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Not knowing which post you are referring to...I could have been laughing at you.

In the future, I won't respond to you at all.

It’s okay, I’ll behave.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, and then said:

I respect cops, have since I was a kid.  I never feared them.  I still respect the badge and the work they do, if not always the individuals wearing the badge.

Not me man. It seems like every other day you hear about some jumpy cop shooting an innocent bystander.

I've had guns pointed at me many times during random shakedowns just for walking down the road then they try to claim I looked like I was armed which I was not but even if I was it's none of their damn business.

Now that the supreme court basically ruled that cops don't have to do their job if they don't feel like it the only thing their good for is shooting pedestrians.

Our chief of police is on camera saying our civil rights don't matter. Screw the cops. I know there's still good ones out there but I'm at a point now that once that badge goes on their no longer a human being.

Soldiers in war zones show more restraint than American cops on a domestic call.

Edited by Kid_Marx

15 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Zombies however, that's a different story all together.

So uh...What would you do in a zombie epidemic?

1 hour ago, Kid_Marx said:

So uh...What would you do in a zombie epidemic?

What type of zombies are we talking about?

Romero Zombies

Synder Zombies

Rage Zombies

Cordyceps Zombies

Deadites

Return of the Living Dead type zombies

Rob Zombie :lol:(that's a joke)

The Purge.....

One time not so long a go, I would almost definitely targeted certain people or groups, however now things are different, I don't hold grudges or let anger get the better of me, don't get wrong, its only suppressed and if anyone hurt my family then I would release the old me. 

Having said that, I would like to think the Kartrashians were purged my someone but not me.. I am a good boy now. 

I bet the amount of people that would jump on the purge has an annual event would be surprising, there are a lot of sick people out there that would kill for the wrong reasons and giving them a window of opportunity to legally kill with ought legal recourse would be the end of civilization..

Great thread, interesting reading, thanks OP.

I wonder how many people would think they could kill but when they have the opportunity..... can't?  

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

What type of zombies are we talking about?

Romero Zombies

Synder Zombies

Rage Zombies

Cordyceps Zombies

Deadites

Return of the Living Dead type zombies

Rob Zombie :lol:(that's a joke)

Lets go with The Crazies. Did you see that one?

The thing I never quite understood about The Purge is how, if you decide to be a Purger, do you not get immediately murdered by other Purgers?

If there is an unspoken amnesty towards anyone wearing a creepy Mask acting in a bizzare fashion I would possibly try and hide in plain sight, and run around cackling with a fake bloody arm and a chainsaw, wearing a cute Baby Mask...

26 minutes ago, Kid_Marx said:

Lets go with The Crazies. Did you see that one?

Hmmm, rather difficult. Because knowing who is and isn't infected. I think the best approach would be caution and a bit of paranoia. You'd have to properly choose the correct targets and not an innocent. So you'd have to wait to the moment of attack. The method of counter attack would depend on their attack. Brute force would be a default method of attack. However the biggest issue would be infection. You'd have to dress accordingly, gas mask, surgical gloves. Anything that would prevent blood born infection. Once the target or targets are dead, torch them. I mean it's the best way to counter infection.