Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I need help

Courtney88

I moved into my home 2 years ago. I’ve noticed a knocking on two outside windows since I’ve lived here. In October of this year, I heard my adult son downstairs banging around, stomping up and down my basement stairs and slurring like he’d been drinking. I texted him and asked him to stop and was met with the reply that he wasn’t in the house. My husband and infant daughter were both sleeping and were the only other people in the house. Since then, the jets in my bathtub have turned on with no one near them, I’ve heard dragging noises against the bedroom interior walls and seen footsteps on freshly mopped floors. The latest is a growling noise that comes from the corner of my bedroom (like a low dog growl). I occasionally hear huge thumps that sound like they’re coming from the attic,  they are so loud the house shakes. I’m having the exterior windows replaced because I can not stand the knocking while I’m changing my daughter at night. The bangs always happen when I walk into her room. I need help! I’ve saged. I followed the directions. I don’t know what else to do. I’m open to recommendations. 

Let me clarify, I wouldn’t say worse. The occurrences have changed. Like the dragging on the walls is new and the growling.

Edited by Courtney88

I need to add that I’m an avid atheist and this is very hard for me. I think experiences like this are hard for anyone but I’m really not getting a kick out of this. It’s not cute or funny to me. I just really want it to stop.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Courtney88 said:

I need to add that I’m an avid atheist and this is very hard for me. I think experiences like this are hard for anyone but I’m really not getting a kick out of this. It’s not cute or funny to me. I just really want it to stop.

That could be why smudging only irritated it. Smudging requires more than just the simple act of burning sage.

If it's growling at you then it's almost certainly demonic which isn't really a big deal, demons or simply "bad spirits" are everywhere.

The worst thing you could do is get all revved up about it. All I can suggest at the moment is to calmly & without fear or anger tell it if it wishes to remain then to be dormant & if not then leave.

Any strong emotions will just feed it. If you can just nonchalantly tell it off it might get bored & just "go to sleep" although it may not leave it might become inactive.

• Like 2

Basically you need to render it's efforts to cause you distress a waste & it'll stop. I know that's easier said then done but that's just how it is.

If you meditate on it you could force it out through sheer will.

Have you had the plumbing checked?

I'm quite serious.  We had a "knocking" incident many years ago, complete with some moaning problems.  Turned out to be a water heater with problems.  But when heard from different parts of the house, it really did sound like something mysterious and a possible haunting.

• Like 4

If you want it to stop:

1. Install a camera with microphone in it to record the sounds/stuff.

That's it. 
Once you install the camera nothing will ever happen again. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, MrBene said:

If you want it to stop:

That's it. 

I was just about to post this.
Video and audio recording is 100% guaranteed to stop any and all "paranormal" activity 100% of the time. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, MrBene said:

If you want it to stop:

That's it. 

2 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

I was just about to post this.
Video and audio recording is 100% guaranteed to stop any and all "paranormal" activity 100% of the time. 

Ugh! These made me laugh but y'all might not be wrong. These things don't like to be recorded but they can quite easily tamper with recording equipment thus the frustration of people trying to prove they exist.

They're ancient & wicked smart. If they want you to look like a mad person they can & will do so.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Kid_Marx said:

Ugh! These made me laugh but y'all might not be wrong. These things don't like to be recorded but they can quite easily tamper with recording equipment thus the frustration of people trying to prove they exist.

They're ancient & wicked smart. If they want you to look like a mad person they can & will do so.

Keep living in your fantasy world.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Kid_Marx said:

Just so long as you stay in your little box.

You need to get out of your fantasy world and get your pipes checked. Pipes can make knocking and unusual sounds. 

4 hours ago, Courtney88 said:

, I heard my adult son downstairs banging around, stomping up and down my basement stairs and slurring like he’d been drinking. I texted him

To save you getting a major pipe burst and flooding your house, you really should call in a plumber before you think paranormal.

Also how old is your house and do you have wooden doors or wood interiors?

Texted him?????? Jeeze, you should have gone running down there first to see if he was ok?  Text? Really?

How far was the basement from where you were? The slurring must have been loud if you thought it was coming from the basement.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Texted him?????? Jeeze, you should have gone running down there first to see if he was ok?  Text? Really?

Oh, f2r... You are so 20th century!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, acute said:

Oh, f2r... You are so 20th century!

Yeah, i need to get into that mode of taking videos and pictures of people who have an accident, instead of trying to help them.

Oooops, one sec, i think my husband has falling off the boat, let me text him. 

• Haha 4

^ With the right music, that video could get you lots of subscribers, especially if he dies. Try 'Drowning Not Waving' by Bachelor Girl.

Edited by acute
  • Haha 1

Talking about cars, Corsa from an update, if you hear a knocking sound coming from the underneath of your car, what would be the first thing you would do:

A :  think it is a ghost

B :  get it checked out by a mechanic

C : send  a text to your friend (who knows nothing about cars)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

You need to get out of your fantasy world and get your pipes checked. Pipes can make knocking and unusual sounds. 

To save you getting a major pipe burst and flooding your house, you really should call in a plumber before you think paranormal.

Also how old is your house and do you have wooden doors or wood interiors?

I'm not sure if this is directed at me or the OP.

16 minutes ago, Kid_Marx said:

I'm not sure if this is directed at me or the OP.

Sorry, only the fantasy bit for you. The rest is for the op, have moved that bit,  but on that note you may wish to take some notes yourself.

If someone says they hear knocking sounds around their house, it is extremely dangerous to jump straight to paranornal and disgard the obvious. Pipes need checking and if you encourage someone to think it is a ghost then you should really be ashamed of yourself.

The op has a small child in the house and there are others, a professional needs to check it out first ALWAYS,

Saying that the op should be getting these looked at - .pipes, water, electrics, Floorboards. Get the whole lot checked out.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Sorry, only the fantasy bit for you. The rest is for the op, have moved that bit,  but on that note you may wish to take some notes yourself.

If someone says they hear knocking sounds around their house, it is extremely dangerous to jump straight to paranornal and disgard the obvious. Pipes need checking and if you encourage someone to think it is a ghost then you should really be ashamed of yourself.

The op has a small child in the house and there are others, a professional needs to check it out first ALWAYS,

Saying that the op should be doing this themselves - .pipes, water, electrics. What is wrong with some people?! 

I just have it in my head that people would have enough sense to have cleared those possibilities before resorting to posting on a somewhat "paranormal" forum.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Kid_Marx said:

I just have it in my head that people would have enough sense to have cleared those possibilities before resorting to posting on a somewhat "paranormal" forum.

Not the case at all. We have had many stories like this. 

Some people are not aware of how pipes can make weird sounds or how wood expands and contracts. If they believe in the paranornal, many do jump straight to that.

It is the classic case, no structural description of the property (likely because they do not know ).

Reletively new to a property ( 2 years is not long ) and have not got to know the sounds in the property as the seasons change. 

We have no description of this property, it is like saying "there is a knocking sound in my car when i drive it,  what it is? "  then sticking it in the paranornal section? 

• Like 1