Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man photographs UFO over Kangaroo Island

UM-Bot

Now if it was a kangaroo flying over UFO Island then I would be impressed 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

Jeeze! Has this "international" visitor been hiberbating for 80 years? 

It wasn't until he had started looking through the photographs he had taken that day that he realized that he had actually managed to capture the object on camera.

Lol, it was that odd he did not even notice it until he looked at his pictures. 

Looks very much like a rescue helicoptor and with the light from the sun, all shapes can occur. It is heading towards land, so others would have seen it. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Looks very much like a rescue helicoptor and with the light from the sun, all shapes can occur. It is heading towards land, so others would have seen it. 

Yep it look like an Australian Sea King...

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

33 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

If you read the story again, he said when he was putting his camera down he noticed this object out of the corner of his eye, it also moved quickly and silent, something a rescue helicopter is incapable of doing.editing someone's story for debunking purposes is a very poor way to go, BTW do you have any paranormal stories of your own ?.or are you just the resident debunker.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, John n b said:

If you read the story again, he said when he was putting his camera down he noticed this object out of the corner of his eye,

He was putting the camera down, he did not pick up his camera to specifically film the helicopter.

It wasn't until he had started looking through the photographs he had taken that day that he realized that he had actually managed to capture the object on camera.

And this is when he thought he might get himself a bit of attention because he knows there are many BUGs (believers, uneducated and gullible) out there.

11 minutes ago, John n b said:

BTW do you have any paranormal stories of your own ?.or are you just the resident debunker.

I have many stories of when i was younger and went ghost hunting to see if they were real, as it happens there was always a down to Earth reason and absolutely no proof of paranornal activity.

I will debunk because of what i have educated knowledge of how nature and light can work, i do not base my findings on the "unknown". 

What have you done to research the posibilities of claims or do you jump straight to paranornal and by pass logic and ? 

If you are not aware of how light can created shapes and how objects can appear differently, then i can understand your naivity.  

Now what do you think is in the picture? 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, John n b said:

it also moved quickly and silent, something a rescue helicopter is incapable of doing.

Errrrr!!!!!  How many rescue helicopters have you seen? 

Depending  on distance and wind and direction, you will not necessarily hear it. The helicopter in the photo is not heading in his direction and there is the sea between them.it is also not close by. We have a picture, you are not going to hear anything from that.

I do not know how many rescue helicopters you have seen over the sea or waters, but i have seen numerous and you do NOT always hear them when they are not heading your way and are at a distance, it is posible he heard a slight noise but as he had not seen the helicopter earlier, depending on what noise was going on around him, he would not even have thought about a helicopter.

1 hour ago, freetoroam said:

? he says he did notice it! he simply says he didn't realise he had captured it until looking at the photos, but he does claim to have seen it out of the corner of his eye

8 minutes ago, quillius said:

? he says he did notice it! he simply says he didn't realise he had captured it until looking at the photos, but he does claim to have seen it out of the corner of his eye

He sees it out of the corner of his eye, after he was putting the camera down and only realised he had taken a picture of it when he looked at his pictures. 

He did not see it as he was actually taking the picture. Because it was too far away to be see and was moving, hence he would not have seen it until he put his camera down. If he had seen it through the camera he would have likely thought nothing of it as it would have been travelling and could have resembled a bird at the time. 

It makes no difference to the fact, it is heading towards land and is a helicopter. 

30 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Errrrr!!!!!  How many rescue helicopters have you seen? 

Depending  on distance and wind and direction, you will not necessarily hear it. The helicopter in the photo is not heading in his direction and there is the sea between them.it is also not close by. We have a picture, you are not going to hear anything from that.

I do not know how many rescue helicopters you have seen over the sea or waters, but i have seen numerous and you do NOT always hear them when they are not heading your way and are at a distance, it is posible he heard a slight noise but as he had not seen the helicopter earlier, depending on what noise was going on around him, he would not even have thought about a helicopter.

So now your saying that he made up the story of seeing the object out of the corner of his eye just to satisfy bugs, maybe he went the whole hog to invent a UFO story on that day, he could have called the coastguard himself and while the helicopter circled  around looking for a phantom person to rescue he was happily clicking away with his camera untill he got the result he wanted, a helicopter at just the right angle with the sun casting shadows in a certain way and BINGO, another dubious UFO for the gullible believers.

3 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

It makes no difference to the fact, it is heading towards land and is a helicopter. 

Your only assuming it's heading towards land because of its position on a  photograph, it might have done a 180 and headed back out to sea, even you don't have all the info to back up your debunking.

1 minute ago, John n b said:

So now your saying that he made up the story of seeing the object out of the corner of his eye just to satisfy bugs, maybe he went the whole hog to invent a UFO story on that day, he could have called the coastguard himself and while the helicopter circled  around looking for a phantom person to rescue he was happily clicking away with his camera untill he got the result he wanted, a helicopter at just the right angle with the sun casting shadows in a certain way and BINGO, another dubious UFO for the gullible believers.

See post #9.

As for the rest of your post, you have confirmed you are not familiar with helicopters and have no idea about light, the sun and the sea. 

Stop being silly. 

7 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

He sees it out of the corner of his eye, after he was putting the camera down and only realised he had taken a picture of it when he looked at his pictures. 

He did not see it as he was actually taking the picture. Because it was too far away to be see and was moving, hence he would not have seen it until he put his camera down. If he had seen it through the camera he would have likely thought nothing of it as it would have been travelling and could have resembled a bird at the time. 

well yes, that is what I said?

however you originally said ''Lol, it was that odd he did not even notice it until he looked at his pictures. ''

which is clearly not the case in regards to the claim.

I know see someone else picked up on your error also. 

9 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

how do you know which way it is headed from a still picture?

Just now, John n b said:

Your only assuming it's heading towards land because of its position on a  photograph, it might have done a 180 and headed back out to sea, even you don't have all the info to back up your debunking.

I am assuming it is heading towards land because that  is the way it is facing and the guy did NOT take any other pictures to show it headed back out.

He says he only noticed he had captured it when he looked at the picture and as he saw it out of the corner of his eye ....he was still there so if it had done a turn, he would have snapped it. 

You do not have to be a detective to work that one out.

an-australian-navy-sea-king-helicopter-carries-an-australian-white-h1m8ad.jpg
Seems like a no-brainer, to me.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1

Cool! I ::love:: UFO's. Some of my best friends are little green men.  Go UFO's!

I assume that's a cropped picture and therefore totally useless .....

But as it stands, speaking as a photographer, it looks to me exactly like a bird.   Though without seeing the original I wouldn't discount a helicopter.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, quillius said:

how do you know which way it is headed from a still picture?

? This is a joke right?

The shape of the helicopter tells you which way it is headed. It is not tilted. Maybe it does turn later but:

had it been turning round, as John has implied, then there would have been an opportunity to take more pictures of it, but the guy did not, likely because it flew off towards land and he could have realised after what it actually was, hence no more pics when if it turned. 

2 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

? This is a joke right?

The shape of the helicopter tells you which way it is headed. It is not tilted. Maybe it does turn later but:

had it been turning round, as John has implied, then there would have been an opportunity to take more pictures of it, but the guy did not, likely because it flew off towards land and he could have realised after what it actually was, hence no more pics when if it turned. 

my money would be on helicopter. 

however, without knowing what the object is you cannot be sure of direction, and to be honest even if we knew it was a helicopter, the exact direction from a still image would still be near impossible to pinpoint, estimate within a certain range yes, but seeing as we do not know the object in question you cannot even begin to guess.

5 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

an-australian-navy-sea-king-helicopter-carries-an-australian-white-h1m8ad.jpg

I am going with that bridge looking thing  is the top half of a UFO which has landed a little too far off land.

And the two things flying are Kestrels. Love those birds, thats why i mentioned them. 

• Haha 1

326E4C1D00000578-3503303-image-a-35_1458593226598.jpg
I'm going at it with Occam's Razor and a wry chuckle.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

I am assuming it is heading towards land because that  is the way it is facing and the guy did NOT take any other pictures to show it headed back out.

He says he only noticed he had captured it when he looked at the picture and as he saw it out of the corner of his eye ....he was still there so if it had done a turn, he would have snapped it. 

You do not have to be a detective to work that one out.

Are you quite sure the guy did NOT take more pictures, maybe pictures showing it heading another direction, at an angle that it would prove its a helicopter, the guy could be lying ,and you don't have to be a detective to work that one out

That's funny. :huh:   Hey, Y'all ever notice this thing has a flat bottom? Ya, look at the shadow underneath. ka-flat.  It looks like a big ass, squashed down tea kettle in the sky.

I just love UFO's

2 minutes ago, John n b said:

Are you quite sure the guy did NOT take more pictures, maybe pictures showing it heading another direction, at an angle that it would prove its a helicopter, the guy could be lying ,and you don't have to be a detective to work that one out

If he had taken anymore pictures he should have shown them too. At an angle showing it was not a helicopter.

I do not think he is lying, he took a picture and in it was something he did not recognise, we get loads of posts on here where people do not know what they saw, that is what makes this forum so good, we have people who can give an answer, but we also have some who  offer nothing and all they do is try to say the logical explanations are wrong.

If you can give an explanation which makes any sense then please post it.