Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Viruses originate in space clouds

Nnicolette

Through my observations i believe people get sick because of interstellar clouds. Sounds crazy but hear me out. So I started writing my idea but when I did a websearch for technical info to help explain it I saw that I wasn't the first to think this so here is a link because I suck at explaining what I mean.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/do-flu-viruses-originate-in-outer-space-1594561609

Actually there's more to it. I started writing because I saw a comment about ancient viruses in our dna. In the article they name comets but I think it is interstellar clouds. It's just obvious by the way the flu onsets, it's dispersement and dissapearance. But what does this mean if its part of our dna, part of who we are? 

I would like to add another observation. The way different non-linear species on the family tree contains bits of similar dna to others, but bits that they might not have in common with thier closest relations. The fact that random non-linear species would aquire the same bits points to an outside influence to thier evolution. Now if we are altered from outside such as by viruses and viruses are coming down from the areas we are drifring through in space then it would explain so many variant branches of life adapting the same dna alterations. We now know that rna may be prevailant across the universe ( https://www.sciencealert.com/researchers-find-that-ribose-the-r-in-rna-may-form-naturally-in-space ) and is able to form in space.

Its not very reaching to guess that the flu is in the space we are drifting through. It also goes without saying that life is more likely prevailent across the universe and well dispersed. Now dont ask me why you havent seen it because im willing to bet you've only been on one planet and it was completely covered with different kinds.

Edited by Nnicolette
  • Like 1

It would be a pretty strange virus that can survive in the vacuumn (and radiation) of space, survive the transition down through our atmosphere, and yet STILL be able to function within a human body. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

If anything some of them "might" come from space, frozen in water that somehow survive lethal radiation and somehow survived the decent to earth.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

It would be a pretty strange virus that can survive in the vacuumn (and radiation) of space, survive the transition down through our atmosphere, and yet STILL be able to function within a human body. 

I am guessing its the human body that activates its functioning. It might not be in the same state up there. Also space is not a total vaccuum there are in fact gas clouds.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

If anything some of them "might" come from space, frozen in water that somehow survive lethal radiation and somehow survived the decent to earth.

I see where you are going and yes thats a good point. I should have pointed out thats its only some of them and that those pandemics seem to follow comet tailings and such. I dont think something airborne would have a tough time surviving any descent by any means though, in fact id bet most are repelled due to thier bouyancy.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Just when I thought I knew nothing about anything....I realize that I don't even know anything about anything.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, joc said:

Just when I thought I knew nothing about anything....I realize that I don't even know anything about anything.  

I'm constantly surprised myself. Learning is always better than assuming.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Life is it's own parasite.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

It wouldn't surprise me that we eventually find out that life is just a virus that built a better host. 

Evolution:  Survival of the fittest...or...

The History of Building a Better Host

• Like 2

Well technically we are all derived from interstellar dust.  Take it back far enough, the Earth, the Moon, the Sun, the whole Solar System was formed from the collapse of interstellar dust and this includes all life on Earth.

However, as I understand it, Bacteria and Viruses need to have evolved with life on earth for it to be compatible with our own biology.  A virus that formed in isolation of the Earth would not be able to affect us.

Unless it was manufactured by aliens specifically to affect us.

3 minutes ago, Grey Area said:

Well technically we are all derived from interstellar dust.  Take it back far enough, the Earth, the Moon, the Sun, the whole Solar System was formed from the collapse of interstellar dust and this includes all life on Earth.

However, as I understand it, Bacteria and Viruses need to have evolved with life on earth for it to be compatible with our own biology.  A virus that formed in isolation of the Earth would not be able to affect us.

Maybe Viruses...are...Aliens...on a Universal Quest to find Hosts....maybe that is why we aren't finding any other life out there...maybe The Alien Viruses eventually kill off the life on a planet and then just move on to the next....

Just now, joc said:

Maybe Viruses...are...Aliens...on a Universal Quest to find Hosts....maybe that is why we aren't finding any other life out there...maybe The Alien Viruses eventually kill off the life on a planet and then just move on to the next....

Maybe, but if that's true they are not doing a very good job.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grey Area said:

Maybe, but if that's true they are not doing a very good job.

They were probably at the top of their game with the dinosaurs...but eventually...evolution creates a life form that is intelligent enough to kill the Viruses...a long struggle ensues...who will win the war?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, joc said:

They were probably at the top of their game with the dinosaurs...but eventually...evolution creates a life form that is intelligent enough to kill the Viruses...a long struggle ensues...who will win the war?

Cthulu will win... Probably.

2 minutes ago, Grey Area said:

Cthulu will win... Probably.

The big question is...Did Cthulu create the Virus...or IS Cthulu the Virus...

26 minutes ago, Grey Area said:

Did you read the link xenofish posted? Very informative!

https://wonderopolis.org/wonder/can-germs-live-in-outer-space  if you might be wondering. So not only do they survive, they thrive there. Whats that tell you?

From the article:

"Scientists speculate that bacteriacome out of hiding once in outer space. In a sterile environment without competing microorganisms around, they multiply and thrive. Instead of killing them, cosmic radiation may also help them to mutate and aggressively grow faster than they normally could on Earth."

are those scientists baffled again? Someone should tell them its because its thier natural habitat.

Edited by Nnicolette

35 minutes ago, joc said:

Who's not finding life out there? How many planets have you been to and how many forms of life were on said planet?

6 minutes ago, Nnicolette said:

Who's not finding life out there? How many planets have you been to and how many forms of life were on said planet?

Or....maybe you should just go ahead and tell me what I'm missing.   How many planets have we discovered life on?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, joc said:

Or....maybe you should just go ahead and tell me what I'm missing.   How many planets have we discovered life on?

I havent been to any others. No reason to just assume its not there because you havent been there yet. What about the questions i asked?

Edited by Nnicolette

1 hour ago, joc said:

giphy.gif

So you've had a bad day? Aliens illness got you down? Don't worry, just kill it with fire.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Nnicolette said:

Did you read the link xenofish posted? Very informative!

Yes I did, my statement still stands, unless I missed something?

58 minutes ago, Nnicolette said:

I havent been to any others. No reason to just assume its not there because you havent been there yet. What about the questions i asked?

I haven't been to any other planets...that I know of...