Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Old Union Cemetery’s Ethereal Glow

rashore

A forgotten graveyard squirreled away in the cornfields of central Illinois makes for good storytelling, and almost all have their ghostly tales. Old Union is no exception. This cemetery first received attention on Troy Taylor’s website, Prairieghosts.com, and he later included it in Weird Illinois (2005).

Though he failed to disclose its location, Old Union Cemetery is clearly marked on cemetery and plat maps available to the general public through the DeWitt County Genealogical Society.

https://michaelkleen.com/2018/12/11/old-union-cemetery/#more-6056

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HollyDolly

• rashore

• papageorge1

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't know  Troy taylor mentioned it. He had Graveyard X, and Peck Cemetery. Funny people have seen balls of lights there. In Milwaukee, Wisconsin there is also a Union Cemetery. One night my dad and a friend were walking past it on the way home. My dad saw a ball of light moving around in the place.At first he thought it was just the caretaker. But then as he watched it move, he noticed it would disapear and then turn up in other spot. Was really odd how it moved. He told his parents about what he saw. Several days later grandma  spoke to the old german caretaker of the cemetery. He informed grandma that what my dad saw was real.That he also had seen such lights there. At first he thought they were   the flashlights or lanterns of vandals or grave robbers, but then realized  the strange lights he saw weren't.

This caught my attention a bit as I just recently finished an autobiographical book of a Civil War soldier from just that very area of the country. I enjoy visiting old cemeteries myself. To me, the cumulative evidence for strange things at old cemeteries is very strong to the point of overwhelming. In my spiritual beliefs the etheric layer of our bodies (as opposed to the longer lived astral layer) decomposes gradually after death. A lot of energy released and  strange things may follow.  

Edited by papageorge1