Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump inauguration spending 'under criminal

ExpandMyMind

7 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Umm... I think you'll find that the NYT story just cites the WSJ ? It's all STILL leading back to that single uncorroborated source ? 

The NYT is reporting on a slightly different angle of it https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/13/politics/trump-inauguration-spending-investigation/index.html

The New York Times reported Thursday night that federal prosecutors are looking into whether people from foreign countries funneled potentially illegal donations to both the inaugural fund and a pro-Trump super PAC in efforts to buy "influence over American policy." The paper, citing people familiar with the inquiry, said it focuses on people from Middle Eastern countries -- including Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates -- and whether they "used straw donors to disguise their donations to the two funds."

8 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Oh.. and here's ANOTHER thing. The Attorney's office that is  - allegedly - investigating the Trump inauguration is the SAME office that - allegedly - was investigating the National Enquirer bribery angle. 

(see https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/324030-national-enquirer-immunity-deal/)

Methinks the South New York/Manhattan office has a bit of an agenda here ?  

Yes and that agenda is upholding the law.

Man im sick of the insinuation and innuendo game. Too many stupid people actually believe it when you say stuff like that Roof

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

The NYT is reporting on a slightly different angle of it https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/13/politics/trump-inauguration-spending-investigation/index.html

Yes and that agenda is upholding the law.

Man im sick of the insinuation and innuendo game. Too many stupid people actually believe it when you say stuff like that Roof

If you read that article carefully Farmer77, you'll see that it is a re-hash of last Thursdays report, with the same source. There doesn't appear to be any new information in it, just speculation. 

As for insinuation and innuendo; Well, Farmer77 my friend, I could equally level that charge against the WSJ and the NYT.

lets wait for a week or two, and see if ANY of these "alleged" investigations actually exist ? 

Edited by RoofGardener

7 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

As for insinuation and innuendo; Well, Farmer77 my friend, I could equally level that charge against the WSJ and the NYT.

No you cant. For starters the WSJ is a Murdoch enterprise so claiming it has an anti Trump bias is a stretch. Second theyre reporting the news and while its possible that theyre guilty of pushing insinuation and innuendo (its also possible Trump eats children BTW) , if theyre going to be accused of insinuation and innuendo every single time they report something negative about POTUS we can just go ahead and toss out this whole democracy experiment now

What really gets me though is the insinuation and innuendo I was referring to was pointed at law enforcement and national security personnel. Nowhere else, in no other arena , would conservatives choose to believe the accused over law enforcement. The cognitive dissonance that would happen in the trumpian mind would be crushing if such a complex thought process were possible.

15 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

lets wait for a week or two, and see if ANY of these "alleged" investigations actually exist ? 

I have no reason to believe the reporters or the sources are lying ......but sure they may be

25 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

If you read that article carefully Farmer77, you'll see that it is a re-hash of last Thursdays report, with the same source. There doesn't appear to be any new information in it, just speculation. 

Yeah there is I dont believe the WSJ is covering the Super PAC angle:

The inquiry focuses on whether people from Middle Eastern nations — including Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates — used straw donors to disguise their donations to the two funds. Federal law prohibits foreign contributions to federal campaigns, political action committees and inaugural funds.

• Like 1

Complete Guide to All 17 (Known) Trump and Russia Investigations

hile popular memory today remembers Watergate as five DNC burglars leading inexorably to Richard Nixon’s resignation two years later, history recalls that the case and special prosecutor’s investigation at the time were much broader; ultimately 69 people were charged as part of the investigation, 48 of whom pleaded guilty or were found guilty at trial.

After three weeks of back-to-back-to-back-to-back bombshells by federal prosecutors and special counsel Robert Mueller, it’s increasingly clear that, as 2018 winds down, Donald Trump faces a legal assault unlike anything previously seen by any president—at least 17 distinct court cases stemming from at least seven different sets of prosecutors and investigators. (That total does not count any congressional inquiries, nor does it include any other inquiries into other administration officials unrelated to Russia.)

While the media has long short-handed Mueller’s probe as the “Russia investigation,” a comprehensive review of the cases unfolding around the president and the question of Russian influence in the 2016 campaign harkens back to another lesson of Watergate: Deep Throat’s dictum, “Follow the money.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, aztek said:

no we do not. only select few. and no, there is nothing positive about being deranged.

The Trump phenomena is larger than life, just like he wanted it to be, both sides spend more time focused on him than on policy.  The positive form of Trump derangement is thinking he is brilliant, he has this all planned, and he cares about America.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Oh.. and here's ANOTHER thing. The Attorney's office that is  - allegedly - investigating the Trump inauguration is the SAME office that - allegedly - was investigating the National Enquirer bribery angle. 

(see https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/324030-national-enquirer-immunity-deal/)

Methinks the South New York/Manhattan office has a bit of an agenda here ?  

By "bit of an agenda", perhaps you mean "the contents of Cohen's filing cabinets".

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tiggs said:

By "bit of an agenda", perhaps you mean "the contents of Cohen's filing cabinets".

Wasn't one of Cohen's secret tape recordings the thing that started the whole Trump Inauguration Investigation?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

The Trump phenomena is larger than life, just like he wanted it to be, both sides spend more time focused on him than on policy.  The positive form of Trump derangement is thinking he is brilliant, he has this all planned, and he cares about America.

That's a distinct possibility, Tat. He has an ego the size of the moon. A lot of talented folk do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

Wasn't one of Cohen's secret tape recordings the thing that started the whole Trump Inauguration Investigation?

Not sure if it was a tape recording, but from the OP:

The investigation partly arises out of materials seized in the federal probe of former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen’s business dealings, according to people familiar with the matter.

2 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

Not sure if it was a tape recording, but from the OP:

The investigation partly arises out of materials seized in the federal probe of former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen’s business dealings, according to people familiar with the matter.

I found this: https://www.palmerreport.com/analysis/tapes-inauguration-cohen-trump/14715/

10 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Okay. Seems that way, then. Also -- from the NYT article I linked earlier:

Among other documents seized during raids on Mr. Cohen’s home and office in the spring, investigators found a tape recording of a conversation with Stephanie Winston Wolkoff, a friend of Melania Trump’s, who ran entities that collected $26 million from the fund. Ms. Winston Wolkoff blamed Mr. Barrack for news reports questioning the payments to her and criticized him for failing to properly manage the account, according to people who spoke with her. She complained about how he had handled the money to several friends, including Mr. Cohen, those people said.

• Like 1

Just curious here, how many of you folks are even just a little curious about the media silence / blackout over the FLOTUS, I mean its as if she doesn't even exist never mind the tabloid's lack of interest if not totally out of character for front page sensationalized headline silliness ... is it because the FLOTUS is so loved and respected ?

~

• Like 2

2 hours ago, third_eye said:

Just curious here, how many of you folks are even just a little curious about the media silence / blackout over the FLOTUS, I mean its as if she doesn't even exist never mind the tabloid's lack of interest if not totally out of character for front page sensationalized headline silliness ... is it because the FLOTUS is so loved and respected ?

~

Nah its just a no win situation. The right wing machine has become experts at playing the victim and warping anything into an "attack" on poor Melania . Go look her up on Foxnews.com , you would think she was the reincarnation of Mother Theresa and Rosa Parks wrapped into one. Its pretty gross

In fact CNN just ran an op-ed from her spokesperson the other day where she deified FLOTUS in classic fashion https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/15/opinions/melania-trumps-spokeswoman-speaks-out-grisham/index.html

IMO Its pretty clear the Trumpian media machine is intent on playing the victim card to the bitter end and its simply not worth normal media outlets giving them a foil.

This is a fun article on it : Washington Post columnist schools Fox News’ Howard Kurtz for complaining 'no other First Lady' has been mocked like Melania

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

IMO Its pretty clear the Trumpian media machine is intent on playing the victim card to the bitter end and its simply not worth normal media outlets giving them a foil.

Actually my inside track says that all syndicated stories involving Melania's past has been bought up and nothing can be reprinted without consent from Trump Inc

So only new and recent 'News' about Melania and nothing else :yes:

As long as the FLOTUS stays under the radar, not a word, in other words

~

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Actually my inside track says that all syndicated stories involving Melania's past has been bought up and nothing can be reprinted without consent from Trump Inc

That makes alot of sense. I remember reading something like that about photos of her as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Farmer77 said:

That makes alot of sense. I remember reading something like that about photos of her as well.

Its not the first time something like this has happened, there was also a total media blackout involving one paparazzi famous snap of a topless Zhang Ziyi when she was dating some media mogul

He just wiped everything clean, even on the internet, very impressive stuff, this show of power and influence

~

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Mother Theresa

Mother Theresa was a disgusting human being. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, third_eye said:

~

It is because Melania so outshines Michelle in every single way!  Michelle's  husband Barrack Hussein has seen his agenda for the most part washed away in the sands of time and...The Press does not want  Barrack Hussein to be put in any spot light that could effect whatever Legacy the MainStreamMedia wishes to project about him...If they focus any light on him...they get the mirrored effect of Benghazi, Lies of Obamacare, and ultimately...his fingerprints all over  the FBI Witch Hunt against Trump

Ignoring Melania is an attempt to Prop Up the former FLOTUS because the Left would love nothing more than for Michelle to be the next POTUS.  

Meanwhile...shining the light on Melania is like shining the light on a rose in the middle of a garden full of weeds.   She is intelligent, beautiful, and WORST of all, for the left. (whos propaganda machine is the Mainstream Media) she is married to The Don...whom they hate with a passion.

Edited by joc
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, joc said:

It is because Melania so outshines Michelle in every single way!  Michelle's  husband Barrack Hussein has seen his agenda for the most part washed away in the sands of time and...The Press does not want  Barrack Hussein to be put in any spot light that could effect whatever Legacy the MainStreamMedia wishes to project about him...If they focus any light on him...they get the mirrored effect of Benghazi, Lies of Obamacare, and ultimately...his fingerprints all over  the FBI Witch Hunt against Trump

Ignoring Melania is an attempt to Prop Up the former FLOTUS because the Left would love nothing more than for Michelle to be the next POTUS.  

Meanwhile...shining the light on Melania is like shining the light on a rose in the middle of a garden full of weeds.   She is intelligent, beautiful, and WORST of all, for the left. (whos propaganda machine is the Mainstream Media) she is married to The Don...whom they hate with a passion.

Sorry man. just saying that ain't what it looks like from outside the partisan tinted fish bowl is all I'm saying ...

A lot of Ivanka's pre cosmetic surgery photos are also disappearing from the internet too ... looks more like Trump Inc is laying the ground work for some Trump TV Network Empire after his stint as POTUS, and exactly as Sparky was planning all along ...

~

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Sorry man. just saying that ain't what it looks like from outside the partisan tinted fish bowl is all I'm saying ...

A lot of Ivanka's pre cosmetic surgery photos are also disappearing from the internet too ... looks more like Trump Inc is laying the ground work for some Trump TV Network Empire after his stint as POTUS, and exactly as Sparky was planning all along ...

~

lol....yeah, there's one hell of a conspiracy...So...was Invanka a DogFace or something before cosmetic surgery?  

30 minutes ago, third_eye said:

A lot of Ivanka's pre cosmetic surgery photos are also disappearing from the internet too

She.....she still looks an awful lot like Jar Jar binks under all that expensive ass makeup for having had plastic surgery :wacko:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, joc said:

lol....yeah, there's one hell of a conspiracy...So...was Invanka a DogFace or something before cosmetic surgery?  

Not really a conspiracy, it was Trump's business plan and he was very open and forthright about it, as for Ivanka .. you just gotta google and decide for yourself

~

2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

She.....she still looks an awful lot like Jar Jar binks under all that expensive ass makeup for having had plastic surgery :wacko:

I think you are mistaking Melania for Ivanka or the other way around , I'm not sure :lol:

~

15 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Not really a conspiracy, it was Trump's business plan and he was very open and forthright about it, as for Ivanka .. you just gotta google and decide for yourself

~

I think you are mistaking Melania for Ivanka or the other way around , I'm not sure :lol:

~

OK I deleted my initial response it was kinda funny but pretty classless, but no I definitely meant Ivanka. She also has some Sid from Ice age in there.

Edited by Farmer77
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...

Prosecutors in New York’s Southern District have subpoenaed documents from President Donald Trump’s inauguration committee, sources with direct knowledge told ABC News, indicating that even as the special counsel probe appears to be nearing an end, another investigation that could hamstring the president and his lawyers is widening.

The contact from the Southern District, which came from its public corruption section, is the latest activity focusing on Trump’s political fundraising both before and immediately after his 2016 election.

Source: ABC News

• Like 3