Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Brussels sprout flavoured ice-cream

Eldorado

New product development technologist Pauline MacLeod said: “We tried and tested a few different recipes before we developed this one – we tried cooked sprouts, raw sprouts and pureed sprouts.”

The controversial new flavour has been whipped up with a specially-made sprout flavouring, which has been created with real sprouts and a peppermint oil.

Pauline added: “The flavour is, as you’d expect, very sprout-y – but with mint through it. It’s a natural flavour and it has been made using real ingredients. We’re really happy with the end result.”

Full short article: https://www.societyaberdeen.co.uk/food-drink/mackies-19-2-launches-new-brussell-sprouts-inspired-ice-cream/

Mmm.

• Like 2

I like sprouts but I don't think it's a good flavour for ice cream. 

These sound better though: 

Also on the Christmas menu at the parlour this year is Gingerbread and Christmas Pudding ice creams.

I would try those rather than the sprouts flavour.

• Like 2

Here's another crazy flavour, in England this time.

Pigs-in-blankets turned into ice cream.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-46573052/pigs-in-blankets-turned-into-ice-cream-at-hitchin-parlour

• Haha 1

Brussels sprout ice-cream, Pizza with pineapple, goat milk chocolate, cherry coke, insects Burger etc. We are screwed.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, toast said:

Brussels sprout ice-cream, Pizza with pineapple, goat milk chocolate, cherry coke, insects Burger etc. We are screwed.

Brussel sprout ice cream and insect burgers sound disgusting, but the rest are not. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Still Waters said:

Here's another crazy flavour, in England this time.

Pigs-in-blankets turned into ice cream.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-46573052/pigs-in-blankets-turned-into-ice-cream-at-hitchin-parlour

strangely i can see the salty and sweet working in that one. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Brussel sprout ice cream and insect burgers sound disgusting, but the rest are not. 

Its horror, all of them. :yes:

• Like 1

Hmm ... no, Brussels sprouts doesn't hit the spot for me. Unwanted flatulence springs to mind.

Now sage & onion stuffing flavour I might give a whirl. :lol: Who dreams up these gross gastronomic treats.

• Haha 2