Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Will Due

Building the Pyramid by floating the blocks

191 posts in this topic

Golden Duck
17 minutes ago, cladking said:

Why “α” triangles in the Great Pyramid have not been noticed till now? One explanation could be the fact that: what we know affects our visual perception of the world. A very good example of it is the “AERA” cover photo of the Annual Report 2010-2011.

What never changes is peoples' unwillingness and inability to see the truth even when it's put in front of their eyes.  

The facts don't matter when your mind is made up. 

I think you're missing a citation there...

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Like 2

DieChecker
On 1/13/2019 at 8:06 AM, Harte said:

If I remember correctly, there was no star that was due north at that time. But a line through two of the handful of stars circling the pole would locate it.

There were two of those stars that were exactly vertical to each other, so a plumb line could have been used.

Easier to align it exactly east-west though, and then you end up with north-south alignment, as long as you keep the building square.

Harte

No stars needed if you just put a stick in the ground and mark two spots on the ground where the end passes during the day. 100% accurate way to find north. Not necessarily "magnetic" north though.

But then the Ancient Egyptians wouldn't use sticks and the sun now would they? They'd only use the stars on a dark lightless plateau at night to find north. :blink:

• Like 1

DieChecker
18 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

You've been saying that for almost fifteen years.

This might be a wise statement, but you appear never to have understood the basic facts anyway.

I was about to post much the same. :tu: :tu:

Harte
1 hour ago, DieChecker said:

No stars needed if you just put a stick in the ground and mark two spots on the ground where the end passes during the day. 100% accurate way to find north. Not necessarily "magnetic" north though.

That was why I said it would be easier to align East-West.

1 hour ago, DieChecker said:

But then the Ancient Egyptians wouldn't use sticks and the sun now would they? They'd only use the stars on a dark lightless plateau at night to find north. :blink:

The aliens never told them about sticks.

Harte

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

M. Williams
3 hours ago, DieChecker said:

We call them 'obelisks' .  The Ancient Egyptians were fully engaged with the sky, both day and night. 

• Like 1

kmt_sesh
5 minutes ago, M. Williams said:

We call them 'obelisks' .  The Ancient Egyptians were fully engaged with the sky, both day and night. 

The earliest obelisks on record date to the Middle Kingdom.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Jarocal
On 1/21/2019 at 2:57 PM, Piney said:

Roman cement, and it was only better because of a specific type of limestone used. 

If your referring to the Roman Seawalls still standing a good part of that is the pumice used as an aggregate. Interestingly as the ocean slowly dissolved the mortar particles within the aggregate mineral deposits formed within those microscopic voids forming a stinger substance.

• Thanks 2

M. Williams
1 hour ago, kmt_sesh said:

The earliest obelisks on record date to the Middle Kingdom.

When is the benben stone first referenced ? That's what an obelisk and a pyramid are.

• Like 1

kmt_sesh
1 minute ago, M. Williams said:

When is the benben stone first referenced ? That's what an obelisk and a pyramid are.

Don't know. That would be a good thing to dig up. When it was first referenced, i mean. It's long gone, of course.

• Like 1

M. Williams
19 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Don't know. That would be a good thing to dig up. When it was first referenced, i mean. It's long gone, of course.

Romer points out this striking feature at Giza...

I'd also suggest the pairs of obelisks and the layout lines chiseled in the floor at Karnak is evidence of their use as gnomons. Where the shadows of two obelisks on an east west axis meet is due north.

Edited by M. Williams

kmt_sesh

@M. Williams, come to think of it, I'd have to say the oldest references to the ben ben come from the Pyramid Texts. I'd also say the Dynasty 5 solar tem[;es were manifestations of the ben ben. This is me spitballing, mind you.

Earl.Of.Trumps

Finally talking ancient Egypt. Love this stuff. do it!!

kmt_sesh
5 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Finally talking ancient Egypt. Love this stuff. do it!!

What? Are you telling me there's something else to discuss than Atlantis?

Earl.Of.Trumps
26 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Bang zoom!   We only have two Atlantis threads running right now. Not that there's anything wrong with Atlantis as a subject matter, but puhLEASE Louise! :wacko:

How ya been, KMT?  Out paths don't cross often because of the dearth of good Egyptology threads.  Say, KMT... :huh:    lol

DieChecker
3 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

@M. Williams, come to think of it, I'd have to say the oldest references to the ben ben come from the Pyramid Texts. I'd also say the Dynasty 5 solar tem[;es were manifestations of the ben ben. This is me spitballing, mind you.

Wasn't that New Kingdom? They were still making pyramids, but they were tiny little things by then, right?

DieChecker
3 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

GREENLAND!!!!!!

GEYSERS!!!!