Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My wife's ghost photo

NightScreams

My wife always thought her great aunt's house was haunted as does everyone that lives there. Photo is a few years back but she recently was creating a scrap book and discovered a creepy anomaly in one of them, it's what she believes is the shadow person she used to see from her bedroom window when she stayed there as a little girl. Obviously it's subjective to whoever is looking at it but to her it validates what she used to see so thought I'd share.

So some facts about the photo

• Taken in back yard on her great aunt's property in front of the pool. Behind the pool in the distance is a Cabana and pool house.
  • Pic is of my wife and her sister on the left. If you look just right of my wife's head, you can make out one of the lights in the Cabana. You have to zoom in to see it. That area is wide open but you can see an anomaly that is blocking the light creating a silhouette of what resembles a figure standing there.
  • No one else was on the property at the time nor is it easy access but if there was, her great aunt's dogs would have went nuts.
  • None of us remember seeing anything unusual at the time photo was taken
  • I've personally never experienced anything while staying there but I've only spent the night a couple of times.
  • Where you see the figure, normally it's a wide open area so there shouldn't be anything there creating such an illusion but who knows.
  • The second pic I tried to zoom in and brighten it up some to make it more clear but not sure how to enhance it any more. Maybe someone else can.

e6po3n.jpg

28ircbr.jpg

• Like 3

Looks creepily like human legs, but naturally I assume there is a explanation.

Congrats on the wife though, she looks fine ;)lol

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Looks creepily like human legs, but naturally I assume there is a explanation.

Is it just legs?  It looks to me as if the figure's head is obscuring part of the blue light.

Edited by acute
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, acute said:

Is it just legs?  It looks to me as if the figure's head is obscuring part of the blue light.

Ah now I see. I always have the hardest time with these pictures. Yeah I can see how someone would see a head by the blue light 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Congrats on the wife though, she looks fine ;)lol

I think he only posted the photo as an excuse to show us his wife! :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

19 minutes ago, seanjo said:

Are you serious, it's another person...full stop.

Why wouldn't he be serious? And he addressed that possibility as well as possible:

• No one else was on the property at the time nor is it easy access but if there was, her great aunt's dogs would have went nuts.

It's correct to consider all normal possibilities but to insist 'it is' another person is a little on the obnoxious side to the sharer of the story.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 3

Papameter: 66% chance of paranormal......34% chance of normal

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Papameter: 66% chance of paranormal......34% chance of normal

really.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

From what appears as legs to a head blocking the blue light, is an awfully long torso. They do appear to be legs though.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, seanjo said:

0% critical thought.

The p-meter runs on critical thought only.

5 hours ago, NightScreams said:

Taken in back yard on her great aunt's property in front of the pool. Behind the pool in the distance is a Cabana and pool house.

Yes and someone else in the distance on the other side of the pool at the cabana.

Your wifes great aunts house has a very modern pool, a pool house and a cabana. 

5 hours ago, NightScreams said:

My wife always thought her great aunt's house was haunted  as does everyone that lives there

Why would it be, it does not even look old,  there is  very modern pool and spotlights around, at least have some history behind it!

And how many other people do live there....to the bold?

Obviously someone in the background,  you even say others live there and you mention nothing about the actual house or even show the house.

Why are the cabana lights on if you were the only ones there? I think you were having a party and found this photo which you thought you could fool the gullible with.

You have a photo from a couple of years back of a modern pool with a cabana and pool house in the background and even admit to others living there and are trying to say its haunted, are you crazy or do you think we are all idiots?

Post your wifes photo on the gallery section, do not try and make a ghost story out of this pic. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Could it be the shadow of the photographers legs? If there was a light behind the photographer then their shadow would be projected onto the wall in front. Just a thought. 

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

:rolleyes: There's just someone standing in the background. And as always the "papa-meter" is broken.

However the babe papameter is high :-)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

A brightened version - 

28ircbr.jpg

Obviously a person in the back ground perhaps the poolboy working late.. 

Shadow figure appears to be wearing shorts and heels.

Now the important question is your sister in-law single? :D

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Shadow figure appears to be wearing shorts and heels.

Now the important question is your sister in-law single? :D

Dont tuch her she's mine ;-) :-p

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, seanjo said:

That's the funniest thing I've read all week...

Ya, haha, getting old. I am only bothering to comment as I noticed your quote:

The most elementary and valuable statement in science, the beginning of wisdom, is ‘I do not know’.

Yet you seemed to have 'known' that the figure in the alleged ghost photo in the OP was a living person. Perhaps 'science' is not your forte but rather 'anti-paranormal prejudice'?

Your first comment on this thread read: Are you serious, it's another person...

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 2

I don't know,

They said that no one else was on the property and that they had dogs that would bark.

I can't bring myself to believe it's a ghost, but I am skeptical of everyone thinking it's a actual person. People have bad memories, but it's a pretty big blip to forget that someone else was there.

Like the person taking the picture probably would have noticed.

Did they all drink alot? That could make the memory of the event hazy

Edited by spartan max2

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

I don't know,

They said that no one else was on the property and that they had dogs that would bark.

I can't bring myself to believe it's a ghost, but I am skeptical of everyone thinking it's a actual person. People have bad memories, but it's a pretty big blip to forget that someone else was there.

Well it could also just be a shadow created by something else....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

I don't know,

They have said others live there. He is taking a picture of his wife and her sister on this side of the pool, he may not have notice anyone else on the other side.....obviously wearing a pair of heals.

From the original photo it is not easy to see the person on the other side, he must have really scanned that to find them or....he knew there were others in the back ground and thought some would fall for the shadow thing. 

You do not even need a papoometer on this one.

On 12/16/2018 at 2:32 PM, freetoroam said:

Yes and someone else in the distance on the other side of the pool at the cabana.

Your wifes great aunts house has a very modern pool, a pool house and a cabana. 

Why would it be, it does not even look old,  there is  very modern pool and spotlights around, at least have some history behind it!

And how many other people do live there....to the bold?

Obviously someone in the background,  you even say others live there and you mention nothing about the actual house or even show the house.

Why are the cabana lights on if you were the only ones there? I think you were having a party and found this photo which you thought you could fool the gullible with.

You have a photo from a couple of years back of a modern pool with a cabana and pool house in the background and even admit to others living there and are trying to say its haunted, are you crazy or do you think we are all idiots?

Post your wifes photo on the gallery section, do not try and make a ghost story out of this pic. 

Yes the pool, cabana and pool house were built maybe 5 years ago, yes it's modern but of course they are very wealthy and can afford it. It used to be a huge garden area . The house itself is fairly old, not sure how old.  There are normally 3 people live there. We were visiting and that night we were the only ones there. At the time we were enjoying the outdoors and it's a great night so why would we not have lights on? I mean it's pitch black out there without them so wouldn't you turn them on? We had drinks in the cabana, there is a small bar there so if it was a neighbor creeping around, they stayed well hidden but still pretty bold to come out into the light when we were farther away.

Obviously something is obscuring the light that resembles a figure. I never said it was a person, a ghost or an alien either. It might be something else entirely creating that illuision I didn't suggest anything outside of what's posted and like any photo, it's going to be subjective and your welcome to view it however you like. Is it possible for some homeless man, neighbor or some random joe to be creeping around? Sure but normally the dogs go nuts, there were 3 dogs and it's not that easily accessible of an area but certainly you can make your way back through there from another property. I never said it was haunted, others there seem to believe it is but I've never experienced anything unusual there.

*edit; Sorry if my wifes picture offended you  but If I cut out and cropped the whole photo to only show the shadow then everyone would be complaining because everything else is cropped out. Either way, I have no need to use the gallery for family photo's.

Edited by NightScreams
  • Like 1