Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Real-life 'shrink ray' can reduce 3D structures

UM-Bot

• The title was changed to Real-life 'shrink ray' can reduce 3D structures

Oh no ...

~

[00.01:57]

~

• Haha 4

I imagine Nanobots injected into the bloodstream...finding their way to the heart and clearing out plague from the arteries...then taking that plague straight to the intestine where it would become part of the waste water treatment plant.

I also can imagine nanobots finding their way to tumors...removing all of the cancerous cells....or treating paralysis by reconnecting severed nerve connections.

• Like 1

If the world really gets over crowded, we might be able to find a way to shrink every living creature.  This way the world becomes empty again and raw materials needs become reduces. I know it's crazy, but think about it.  If aliens do show, we don't know how big they will be. We should also be able to be able to return to a normal size if needed.

That's nothing. I can shrink a hamburger in the skillet...:lol:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, paperdyer said:

If the world really gets over crowded, we might be able to find a way to shrink every living creature.  This way the world becomes empty again and raw materials needs become reduces. I know it's crazy, but think about it.  If aliens do show, we don't know how big they will be. We should also be able to be able to return to a normal size if needed.

I think we have a long way to go they are only making itty bitty replications of shapes. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, NicoletteS said:

I think we have a long way to go they are only making itty bitty replications of shapes. 

It is the 'itty bitty' replications that are so fascinating.  The potential for mass produced nanobots for medicine is almost limitless.  We could literally end disease as we know it.  It is going to revolutionize the nanobot industry.  From self cleaning windows to cars that never get dirty...I'm a big fan!

• Like 1

Cool and useful, but a far cry from actually shrinking an existing object. Not the same thing at all.

Edited by moonman

On 12/17/2018 at 7:35 AM, paperdyer said:

You saw that movie too, huh