Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
BuddingPsychic1111

I'm Currently Conducting A Study

113 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

BuddingPsychic1111
2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

And entirely subjective.

I swear you must be a troll. 

No, I'm not a troll, what would make you think that?  Also, my study wasn't subjective.  I recorded everything in a notebook 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
1 minute ago, BuddingPsychic1111 said:

No, I'm not a troll, what would make you think that?  Also, my study wasn't subjective.  I recorded everything in a notebook 

Everything you've posted, that's what.

Where's the control in your study? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BuddingPsychic1111
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Where's the control in your study? 

The controls are not using magnets and days with no spraying.  If scientists were not controlled by the powers that be, this study would be published in numerous journals I think, given my shocking findings 

Edited by BuddingPsychic1111

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
1 minute ago, BuddingPsychic1111 said:

The controls are not using magnets and days with no spraying.  If scientists were not controlled by the powers that be, this study would be published in numerous journals I think, given my shocking findings 

No the controls would be person B and C. You're person A. Everything is entirely from your perspective. There isn't a control. Just your belief. You have so deeply convinced yourself of some conspiracy nonsense that you can't see otherwise. You're too linear in your thinking. How about reverse engineer this belief and look at the flaws in it. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BuddingPsychic1111
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

No the controls would be person B and C. You're person A. Everything is entirely from your perspective. There isn't a control. Just your belief. You have so deeply convinced yourself of some conspiracy nonsense that you can't see otherwise. You're too linear in your thinking. How about reverse engineer this belief and look at the flaws in it. 

I don't think I've ever misperceived something like this or even could since I am a very rational and logical person, so I think my observations can act as a valid measurement.  Most people's could as well since as long as one is a rational minded person, their observations are almost certainly accurate IMO, "scientists" discredit observations because the powers that be don't want us thinking for ourselves.  In order to really understand the world around you, you have to break from the mold of "observations aren't proof", because that's just lies that are spread by the powers that be to keep us all from catching on to their evil deeds.  

Edited by BuddingPsychic1111
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
1 minute ago, BuddingPsychic1111 said:

I don't think I've ever misperceived something like this or even could since I am a very rational and logical person, so I think my observations can act as a valid measurement.  Most people's could as well since as long as one is a rational minded person, their observations are almost certainly accurate IMO, "scientists" discredit observations because the powers that be don't want us thinking for ourselves.  In order to really understand the world around you, you have to break from the mold of "observations aren't proof", because that's just lies that are spread by the powers that be to keep us all from catching on to their evil deeds.  

You sound like a paranoid schizophrenic and if I was a betting man......

This thread should be locked, burned, buried, and sent off into space. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jodie.Lynne
34 minutes ago, BuddingPsychic1111 said:

I think my study was very professionally done.

Really? You think so? What were the weather conditions for each day of your "experiment"? What was the temperature? Wind speed and direction?

 

Time of occurrence? What altitude were these contrails that you saw?

What other factors may or may not have contributed to your "weird" feelings? Did you eat that day? how much, and when? Did you partake of any alcoholic beverages or illicit drugs? Are you on any prescribed medications? If so, what and did you take them or abstain?

 

38 minutes ago, BuddingPsychic1111 said:

 I had a hypothesis,

You had a presupposed agenda of conspiracy theory plus new-age woo medicine. You knew what outcome you wanted, and viola! presto-change, you got the answer that you put forth.

 

41 minutes ago, BuddingPsychic1111 said:

I did the experiment

What did you do, look out the window and see if there were contrails?

 

42 minutes ago, BuddingPsychic1111 said:

even wrote down my observations

The only observations you wrote were in regards to your physical state. I noticed you didn't use the magnets when there were no contrails. why not?

 

43 minutes ago, BuddingPsychic1111 said:

I proved my hypothesis accurate with evidence.

No, you only reaffirmed your bias with the answer you started with. 

 

46 minutes ago, BuddingPsychic1111 said:

 I'm actually going to try to get it published in a scientific journal, but I'm sure the powers that be wouldn't allow it to happen.

Firstly, scientific journals do not accepted papers written in crayon. 

Secondly, if you think that you have provided enough detail or any evidence to support your "theory", you are sorely mistaken. Maybe you could audit an 8th grade science class for a refresher course on theory, experimental standards, and evidence.

Thirdly, your paranoid reference to "the powers that be" show that you lack an understanding of scientific principles.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BuddingPsychic1111
5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

You sound like a paranoid schizophrenic and if I was a betting man......

This thread should be locked, burned, buried, and sent off into space. 

I'm not crazy.  Not in the least, I have a very stable and sound mind.  The powers that be are basically trying to tell us all the sky is green...... And most people are buying it.  All you need to do to see reality as it is is as simple as making your own observations and taking a look around.  You're still stuck in the matrix, but waking up is surprisingly easy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jodie.Lynne
15 minutes ago, BuddingPsychic1111 said:

since I am a very rational and logical person,

This is the current ranking statement for first place in the 2019 Quote of the Year contest.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
22 minutes ago, BuddingPsychic1111 said:

I'm not crazy.  Not in the least, I have a very stable and sound mind.  The powers that be are basically trying to tell us all the sky is green...... And most people are buying it.  All you need to do to see reality as it is is as simple as making your own observations and taking a look around.  You're still stuck in the matrix, but waking up is surprisingly easy

You're passing off self responsible to an imaginary scapegoat. Always blaming the 'powers that be'. You remind me of that gas attack guy we used to have around here. He was paranoid, always thinking that the government was gas attacking him. You're the same. Go see a psychologist.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AstralHorus

Where’s @papageorge1 I need to make sense of all the crazy :(.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
15 minutes ago, AstralHorus said:

Where’s @papageorge1 I need to make sense of all the crazy :(.

I hope this was intended as a joke. Right? 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AstralHorus
Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I hope this was intended as a joke. Right? 

Not to belittle papageorge, but he can often translate the crazy into at least manageable coherent speakings. :rofl: 

Edited by AstralHorus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jodie.Lynne
12 minutes ago, AstralHorus said:

Not to belittle papageorge, but he can often translate the crazy into at least manageable coherent speakings. :rofl: 

:no:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BuddingPsychic1111
Posted (edited)

I just don't understand why people are calling me crazy?  I'm very, very smart, a true scientist. Exposing the truth that hardly anyone else has the balls to discuss publicly 

Edited by BuddingPsychic1111

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
John from Lowell
5 hours ago, BuddingPsychic1111 said:

I just don't understand why people are calling me crazy?  I'm very, very smart, a true scientist. Exposing the truth that hardly anyone else has the balls to discuss publicly 

Hi,

What if this truth is relative. Subjective in nature. For sure there are many in our little group here who consider your study as not being scientificly done.

I also conduct research on subjects of interest to me. However I do not present my findings for public discussion with those who are not really interested in the subject matter.

May I suggest that avoiding conflicts with others is best. War has never been a solution for any of us.

John

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Essan
7 hours ago, BuddingPsychic1111 said:

I just don't understand why people are calling me crazy?  I'm very, very smart, a true scientist. Exposing the truth that hardly anyone else has the balls to discuss publicly 

If I replicate your experiment*, do you expect me to get the same results**?

And how, precisely, do I determine whether I feel good or pretty good?   Also, what size magnet and how is applied? 

As a scienctist you obviously appreciate the need for others to be able to exactly replicate your experiment!


* I would obviously have to substitute contrails for your imaginary chemtrails

** Although I'm still not sure what even you think your results are?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist

This is not a scientific study as pointed out well by several posters. One of the important issues with people is to use large numbers of people. 

One of the early studies that was done to test an issue was a test of mesmerism that was commissioned by the king of France. When people were blinded to the presence of magnets things did not turn out well for this idea cooked up by Mesmer.

http://www.pbs.org/benfranklin/l3_inquiring_mesmer.html

A similar thing could be done here to take this subjective test of yours to a significantly better form. 

  • There would have to be many more subjects.
  • The subjects would not be allowed to know if there were contrails overhead.
  • There would always be something to wear - either actual magnets or pretend magnets so that the subjects would not know.
  • The experiment would be randomized - decisions would be removed from the subjects and experimenters
  • The people running the experiment would be blinded from what is being done, i.e. they too would not be aware of the existence of contrails or whether they were handing out real or sham magnets

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2017-12-22/ben-franklin-s-guide-to-spotting-pseudoscience

Getting back to Mesmer, it is the year 1782, 240 years ago.

Quote

The investigators found that patients reacted to the treatments only if they were told they were getting them. Others were not treated, and they reacted too -- but only if told they were in fact getting mesmerized.

In your study we have all of the pieces to make it a failure. You know the conditions and you know the expected result - the result you want.

The same was true of Mesmer's patients. They knew the conditions and they knew what was expected. When the conditions were not there, but they were told that the conditions were there they produced the results that were expected.

Here is the placebo effect.

https://nccih.nih.gov/health/placebo

What is really interesting is that even when people are told that they are taking a placebo and what that means it still kicks in.

The manner in which the human mind works is interesting and all your experiment does is shows how people can trick themselves.

If you want to do a real experiment then you need to design and implement a real experiment. Your claims that "but I'm sure the powers that be wouldn't allow it to happen" are simply you admitting that your experimental design is bad and has been known to be bad for at least 240 years.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pettytalk
1 hour ago, John from Lowell said:

Hi,

What if this truth is relative. Subjective in nature. For sure there are many in our little group here who consider your study as not being scientificly done.

I also conduct research on subjects of interest to me. However I do not present my findings for public discussion with those who are not really interested in the subject matter.

May I suggest that avoiding conflicts with others is best. War has never been a solution for any of us.

John

 

Not according to the New Testament, as the war of Armageddon will the final solution for all of. Is He, or is He not finally coming? The final and biggest War the world has ever seen is "supposed" to bring back Jesus, to put a stop to it, so that all would not be lost. Then following the rescue will come the separating of all he flock, separating those that really took a serious interest in the subject of religion, any religion of love, from those that made fun of those that did love, or make fun of studies. As some believe that It will be the final cut. A cut like we in a professional golfing tournament, so that only the best get to go on and play in the final holes. Or perhaps it will a final cut, like Pink Floyd's final cut album, which will then, after the band was dismembered, after a while was brought back together to create again, such as an endless river recording album, mostly instrumental rehashing of the Division Bell Album, and a couple new things, and containing only one son with vocals, Louder than Words. Endless River must have been inspired by the endless river of the eternal flowing waters of life, running down the main boulevard in New Jerusalem.

  The River of Life
1Then the angel showed me (JOHN) a river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb 2down the middle of the main street of the city. On either side of the river stood a tree of life, bearing twelve kinds of fruit and yielding a fresh crop for each month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.…  

Or as our other John has wisely recommended, by following his vision of division, it will be for the healing of the Forum.

Kudos to you, John

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pettytalk
7 hours ago, BuddingPsychic1111 said:

I just don't understand why people are calling me crazy?  I'm very, very smart, a true scientist. Exposing the truth that hardly anyone else has the balls to discuss publicly 

That's not for you to say, And it's not for me to say, Johnny Mathis.  And it's actually for general Mathis to say when someone is or is not very smart. Trump's very words, as he is also a true scientist, because he can tell when a scientific study of climate change is a hoax. And I think Xeno the Fish may be swearing correctly about you. And you have very little small atoms to be discussing this. As they say, it takes one to know one, and I could also swear that you are a true troll. Take it from a false troll, me. What about those that are colorblind, how does the government fool them, since those won't see the green trolling?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pettytalk
12 hours ago, BuddingPsychic1111 said:

I'm not crazy.  Not in the least, I have a very stable and sound mind.  The powers that be are basically trying to tell us all the sky is green...... And most people are buying it.  All you need to do to see reality as it is is as simple as making your own observations and taking a look around.  You're still stuck in the matrix, but waking up is surprisingly easy

There was as study done a long time ago about madness/craziness. Those that were sanely mad realized their true condition, of actually being sane, by realizing that there was a possibility that they could be mad. But those that were insanely mad, vehemently, denied any possibility, in the least, of their madness. In other words, don't be so sure about being sane, in the least, as that is not a sound mind, nor the sign of stability, as we all go a little crazy sometimes, but we come back to saneness by realizing and recognizing our mad episodes. Let me go crazy on you....Heart/Harte  There is a moral in here somewhere, and I know it all too well. Have you had some kind of mushrooms lately? Go and feed your your head, as logic has gone sloppy dead.....in your head, and you are seeing a white rabbit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skrubby
2 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

There was as study done a long time ago about madness/craziness. Those that were sanely mad realized their true condition, of actually being sane, by realizing that there was a possibility that they could be mad. But those that were insanely mad, vehemently, denied any possibility, in the least, of their madness. In other words, don't be so sure about being sane, in the least, as that is not a sound mind, nor the sign of stability, as we all go a little crazy sometimes, but we come back to saneness by realizing and recognizing our mad episodes. Let me go crazy on you....Heart/Harte  There is a moral in here somewhere, and I know it all too well. Have you had some kind of mushrooms lately? Go and feed your your head, as logic has gone sloppy dead.....in your head, and you are seeing a white rabbit.

You fine sir are a genius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pettytalk
59 minutes ago, skrubby said:

You fine sir are a genius

Thanks, if it is sincere. And if it is, I'd rather talk with cats, although I'm a man who loves dogs...but my mother had a cat once. And my grandmother, in the old country, I remember had a most beautiful cat once. But there, and back in those days, as I'm speaking about 60 years ago, cats were more than just pets, as they were very useful for keeping the mice population down, and that was the only cat food they usually got. But my grandmother had a big heart, and sometimes she would feed her cat some chicken gizzards, livers and hearts. The chickens were sold alive back then, or as as with my grandmother, she raised her own, to get the eggs too. She would wring their necks, boil them to soften them up to de-feather them, and then cleaned out the insides before roasting or baking them. Sometimes she'd make chicken soup, but only with the old hens, the ones who could not lay eggs anymore, and that was the only time when she would use the whole chicken, after removing the feathers, the head, and feet. As they say, old chickens do make the best broth. I remember that she also had a little red rooster, and it was a feisty and loud little creature, but sometimes it would go days without crowing. And since none of birds were cooped up, he would disappear for days, and my grandmother would send me out to find him, and bring him back. It was a very small town, and no one took the others' chickens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pettytalk
14 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Everything you've posted, that's what.

Where's the control in your study? 

That would be you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pettytalk
2 hours ago, stereologist said:

This is not a scientific study as pointed out well by several posters. One of the important issues with people is to use large numbers of people. 

Or larger people! Scientific being an option for the larger sized ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.