Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Project Blitz

Farmer77

Just now, bee said:

in a nut shell........many Western  feminists are selling out and don't even realize it because they are safe
and comfortable.... it has become an intellectual exercise and not one of survival...

anyway..... as a 'reconstructed' Western man (if that's what you actually are....)

aren't you supposed to be LISTENING to me.... to LEARN what I have to TEACH....^_^

And many westerners are selling out by not actually learning about the people who are different to them but only reading or learning about the bad things, "Other", does.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Kismit said:

Teach them better.  

Not only the Christian thing to do but a lesson in equality.  They are not better than me.

And you know that the rest of your statement does not cover all Muslims don't you. 

I know that all Christians don't  hate and condemn homosexuality. Or protest outside abortion clinics

Who is going to teach them? It's the younger generation who is becoming more radical.

I'm not a Christian. People often don't like someone to tell you your way of life is wrong.

I grow tired of saying something doesn't apply to all.

Of course all Christians don't hate homosexuals. Gay marriage wouldn't be legal where I live otherwise.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Thats simply about power dynamics. Muslims arent a large voting bloc/political force nor have they been entrenched in the halls of power for decades publicly arguing to take rights from people and or to keep people from gaining equality.

Ummm, you do realize entire countries are ruled by Sharia law?

You appear to be a globalist and it's something, in that aspect, you are going to have to come to terms with sooner or later. I seem to remember you condemning Saudi Arabia's human rights. If you want to be aligned with them that is your choice.

It will never be mine.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kismit said:

And many westerners are selling out by not actually learning about the people who are different to them but only reading or learning about the bad things, "Other", does.

of course there is the personal and then there's the political....

on the personal level people the world over of all races and religions are similar in terms
of emotions and hormones - hopes and fears... love and hate... 

but broader political and social guidelines and laws dictate how acceptable behavior is enforced
at a group level...

So '''Other''' is the same on a personal level but different on a group 'rules' level...

And many modern feminists by refusing  to criticize/question the group rules of Islam are doing themselves  
and Muslim women a disservice ...IMO..

8 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Ummm, you do realize entire countries are ruled by Sharia law?

Of course there are there are also monarchies and dictatorships.

You appear to be a globalist and it's something, in that aspect, you are going to have to come to terms with sooner or later. I seem to remember you condemning Saudi Arabia's human rights. If you want to be aligned with them that is your choice.

I want to be aligned with freedom. We have a nation built on laws. Those laws must be applied equally to all to work for all or in the end they will work for none.

I think being part of a bigoted death cult is disgusting, but we have remained a great nation because we have allowed folks the freedom to practice religion as they see fit as long as it fits within the parameters of the aforementioned laws.

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Gay marriage wouldn't be legal where I live otherwise.

Gay marriage is only legal where you live because the Supreme Court said it was.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

Gay marriage is only legal where you live because the Supreme Court said it was.

No...because we voted for it.

Do you think the Supreme Court votes on these things arbitrarily without public input?

• Like 1

Just now, Michelle said:

Do you think the Supreme Court votes on these things arbitrarily without public input?

Yes actually thats how the court works. They vote based on the law not popular opinion.

2 minutes ago, Michelle said:

No...because we voted for it.

IDK when you voted for it but the records say TN only started issuing gay marriage licenses as a result of the SC ruling

Same-sex marriage in the U.S. state of Tennessee became legal with the U.S. Supreme Court ruling in Obergefell v. Hodges on June 26, 2015. That day, Governor Bill Haslam announced the state would follow the judicial order, and same-sex couples began to marry in Tennessee.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same-sex_marriage_in_Tennessee

In fact TN was openly hostile to the concept

Statute

In 1996, Tennessee enacted a statutory ban on same-sex marriage.[2] This ban was overturned by the Supreme Court of the United States on June 26, 2015.

Constitution

On May 6, 2004, the state House of Representatives approved by a vote of 85-5 Amendment 1, a constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage. On May 19, the state Senate approved it by a vote of 28-1. The next year, on February 28, 2005, the Senate approved it by a vote of 29-3. On March 17, the House approved it by a vote of 88-7.[3] On November 7, 2006, Tennessee voters approved the amendment by a vote of 81.3% to 18.7%.[4]

Traditional Marriage Day

On March 25, 2013, the Tennessee Senate voted 32-0 in favor of a non-binding resolution making August 31 Traditional Marriage Day in Tennessee. On April 18, the Tennessee House of Representatives voted 89-0 in favor of the resolution. Governor Bill Haslam signed the resolution into law on May 2.[5]

• Haha 2

Okay, you are so right. The federal government forced it upon us. That's why we have national gay right's marriage today.  :rolleyes:

You need to look past your narrow quick searches...

1 minute ago, Michelle said:

Okay, you are so right. The federal government forced it upon us. That's why we have national gay right's marriage today.  :rolleyes:

You need to look past your narrow quick searches...

You just posted the exact same link that I did. Is there something in there that supports your position?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

You just posted the exact same link that I did. Is there something in there that supports your position?

You saw wikipedia and thought I did. 

Most of the contraversy was almost 30 years ago. 

Edited by Michelle

38 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Of course there are there are also monarchies and dictatorships....

Umm... yes... but usually in countries dominated by Sharia Law, so we go full circle there ? 

1 minute ago, Michelle said:

Huh? No I just checked again and yup

24 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Same same. Dont try and kellyanne me with "alternative facts".

So again is there anything in there that supports your position?

I will say that from your (our) link it does appear that attitudes in TN are changing.

A January 2011 poll by Vanderbilt University found that 26.7% of respondents favored marriage equality, with 69.4% opposed.[45]

A March 2013 poll by Middle Tennessee State University showed 62% of respondents oppose same-sex marriage, with 28% in support.[46]

A May 2013 poll by Vanderbilt University survey of Tennessee registered voters found that 49% of Tennessee voters supported the legal recognition of same-sex couples, with 32% supporting same-sex marriage, 17% supporting civil unions but not marriage, 46% favoring no legal recognition, 3% said they don't know, and 2% refused to answer. It also found that 69% of Tennessee voters under the age of 30 supported the legal recognition of same-sex couples.[47] A separate question on the same survey found that 62% of Tennessee voters supported domestic partner benefits for same-sex couples, 31% opposed, 4% said they don't know, and 2% refused to answer.[48]

A February 2014 poll by Middle Tennessee State University showed 26% of Tennessee voters support same-sex marriage, with 64% opposed. The level of opposition was 62% in the same survey conducted a year earlier.[49]

A February 2015 poll by Middle Tennessee State University showed 55% of Tennessee voters oppose same-sex marriage.[50]

A November 2015 poll by Middle Tennessee State University showed 57% of Tennessee voters oppose same-sex marriage, with 29% in favor of such unions.[51]

A November 2016 poll by Vanderbilt University showed support for same-sex marriage at 32%, with 45% against such unions.[52]

2016 marked the first year a poll showed more support for same-sex marriage than opposition. The Public Religion Research Institute (PRRI) found that 46% of Tennesseans supported same-sex marriage, while 43% opposed it and 11% were unsure or undecided.[53] In 2017, the PRRI found similar figures: 46% in support, 45% in opposition and 9% unsure or undecided.[54]

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Michelle said:

'scuse me for butting in, but I clicked both links, for the sake of utter objectivity, and yes, it is the same link leading to the same page. Was your link supposed to lead to an alternative page?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Umm... yes... but usually in countries dominated by Sharia Law, so we go full circle there ? 

Not really as i wasnt defending Sharia in that statement, or even Muslims really, but the laws of the US.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

'scuse me for butting in, but I clicked both links, for the sake of utter objectivity, and yes, it is the same link leading to the same page. Was your link supposed to lead to an alternative page?  

I have two windows open on both links, clicking back and forth, and I can see the difference. Thank you for being so polite about it. It is 4:30 in the morning here and I'm having trouble sleeping so I could be mistaken.

I do know we have had gay marriage rights since 2015 and I was all for it.

Edited by Michelle

15 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Not really as i wasnt defending Sharia in that statement, or even Muslims really, but the laws of the US.

Actually, you where suggesting that countries ruled by Sharia are on a par with monarchies and dictatorships. 

Which... on reflection... is probably a reasonable statement, seeing as most Sharia countries ARE monarchies or dictatorships.:blink:

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Regarding the Muslim conversation its really interesting to watch Christians argue against their own best interests. They should be the ones out front screaming for freedom of religion for Muslims because once it is eroded for them Christians will be fair game as well.

Stumping for the rights of believers in the Muslim faith is one thing... going to bat for Sharia Law is quite another matter.  Sharia Law should be banned at the federal level.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Stumping for the rights of believers in the Muslim faith is one thing... going to bat for Sharia Law is quite another matter.  Sharia Law should be banned at the federal level.

Agreed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Michelle said:

Who is going to teach them? It's the younger generation who is becoming more radical.

I'm not a Christian. People often don't like someone to tell you your way of life is wrong.

I grow tired of saying something doesn't apply to all.

Of course all Christians don't hate homosexuals. Gay marriage wouldn't be legal where I live otherwise.

I will teach them. You can teach them. We should teach the younger generation to pull thier heads out of thier screens, stop following Internet celebrities, meet your neighbors and learn to think for themselves.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Yes. Sharia law is for where they have come from.  Not, where they have moved to 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, bee said:

of course there is the personal and then there's the political....

on the personal level people the world over of all races and religions are similar in terms
of emotions and hormones - hopes and fears... love and hate... 

but broader political and social guidelines and laws dictate how acceptable behavior is enforced
at a group level...

So '''Other''' is the same on a personal level but different on a group 'rules' level...

And many modern feminists by refusing  to criticize/question the group rules of Islam are doing themselves  
and Muslim women a disservice ...IMO..

Yes. Different politics and religion. Better/worse.... who knows. Same crap.. I have no preference in equality.

All I know is thay it is not better than Me.

Are they capable, the Muslims,  the Jews,  the Christians of controlling you personally Bee?

Are you personally afraid that you may be subjugated? 

• Like 2

On 12/19/2018 at 10:48 PM, Varelse said:

They organize, they run and they vote lockstep in every possible election or ballot measure and they get results for it. Hate them or not, nothing is stopping anyone else from organizing their own voting block and pushing back with STEM agendas. But it seems they'd rather gripe instead. Religion sucks but people who want to see the US move more towards STEM instead of thousand year old fairy tales or fatwa Jesus need to prove it in the polls.  

STEM vs. “fatwa Jesus” is a new angle, but what about the Earth’s vote?

The scientists that matter the most now are the actuaries, who have incorrectly calculated the odds of supernatural phenomenon influencing the risk of loaning money.

Why is there no scientific examination of a hard drive Earth, running on software that simply says “no” to the death of too many species in favor of one?

Isn’t the diversity instruction obvious by now?

The Garden has protection, in and of Itself, whether you call it “supernatural” software is more a matter of simple understanding.

Edited by Raptor Witness

12 hours ago, Kismit said:

Yes. Sharia law is for where they have come from.  Not, where they have moved to 

Umm.... can you find ANY imam who is against Sharia law  ?

19 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Isn't it?

• Like 2