Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nuclear 'tunnelbot' could explore Europa

UM-Bot

That's actually really cool.. I don't understand, why is funding so low for projects like this. Government needs to stop all the free welfare and medicaid to people who don't appreciate it anyway and start funding cool missions like this... So many pos people out there who soak up the system, stop spending on them and do some cool space exploration ****.. Sorry folks just woke up and ranting lol

Edited by AllPossible

6 hours ago, seanjo said:

OMG have they not watched 50's nuclear infected giant Ant and Spider movies!

Well they'd need a space ship to get here.

4 hours ago, AllPossible said:

That's actually really cool.. I don't understand, why is funding so low for projects like this. Government needs to stop all the free welfare and medicaid to people who don't appreciate it anyway and start funding cool missions like this... So many pos people out there who soak up the system, stop spending on them and do some cool space exploration ****.. Sorry folks just woke up and ranting lol

Funding may be low due to the extent of new   technology/equipment needed.  Some other projects might be deemed more viable/closer to reality than others.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AllPossible said:

Medicaid isn't a problem. Well, hospitals, doctors, and medical supply companies gouging it is...

I totally agree on "free welfare" though. Cut the military budget and raise the taxes on the wealthy and big businesses. The only "welfare" in the US is the government helping the rich; people who don't need any help. 

Edited by Seti42
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, AllPossible said:

Honestly its just crazy to me that people worry so much about the tiny little percentage that goes to helping people who need it but dont acknowledge the majority that goes into politicians pockets and the war machine. Your mad that a family that couldn't afford it got food to eat but not when the money is spent on sending arms overseas or buying the govenor a new jet? 

That being said i strongly agree with the first couple sentences.

• Like 2

Can we please keep the subject on topic and relevant. We have a US Politics forum for discussions on U.S. political issues which is the appropriate place for discussions on Medicaid and other non-space related budgetary issues.

Thank you.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gecks said:

Do we have rules to follow in regards to the possible contamination we can leave on other planets?

Yes, in fact NASA has a whole department dedicated to it: NASA Office of Planetary Protection

• Like 1