Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Mexican" Marines confused with "Nazis"

Michelle

‘I’m Mexican!’ — Marines ‘bewildered’ after being called ‘Nazis,’ beat up by alleged antifa mob

Two Marine reservists testified Dec. 13 in a Philadelphia courtroom about an incident a month prior in which they were reportedly maced, beat up and robbed by a group of 10 to 12 people with alleged ties to antifa, the left-leaning, oftentimes violent, groups who proclaim to be vehemently anti-racist.

Visiting Philadelphia on Nov. 17 with their Joint Base McGuire–Dix–Lakehurst, New Jersey, unit for an event at a nearby hotel, Alejandro Godinez and Luis Torres decided to do a little sightseeing of the historic city, according to Philadelphia magazine.

But unbeknownst to the Marines, a controversial “We the People Rally” was kicking off nearby, attracting a small alt-right crowd — with a much larger group, Tom Keenan and Thomas Massey included, of counterprotestors flooding the scene near Independence Hall, the magazine described.

cont...

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/your-marine-corps/2018/12/18/im-mexican-marines-bewildered-after-being-called-nazis-beat-up-by-alleged-antifa-mob/

But, but, but...Antifa is right-wing paranoia. Move on...nothing to see here. :rolleyes:

• Like 5

Notice how these punks always pick cities in Democrat states on the west coast or in the northeast to show their rage?  Let them come down south.  Some of them will leave in body bags.  Folks down here are generally well mannered but when a stranger starts laying hands on them, they quickly get educated about etiquette.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

They are outnumbered down here. :lol:

They hunt in packs though. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Michelle said:

They hunt in packs though.

True... but so do Beagles and Antifa isn't as smart ;) 

• Haha 2

So let me get this straight ... Antifa jumps a pair of Marines who happen to be Mexican and assault them thinking them to be white fascists, but once they twig they’re mexican they switch to sprouting racist abuse and continue the beating?

Ohh My Heroes, democracy is saved.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

You know what, I wouldn't even care if it was a white supermacist.

In a nation of laws we don't run around in mobs beating people up.

Like how small of a person do you have to be you jump someone with 11 other people. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

So let me get this straight ... Antifa jumps a pair of Marines who happen to be Mexican and assault them thinking them to be white fascists, but once they twig they’re mexican they switch to sprouting racist abuse and continue the beating?

Ohh My Heroes, democracy is saved.

You got that right!

The sad part is, some people are going to justify it. We will hear crickets from the left. 

• Like 3

antifa should be looked at like the criminal gang, MS13.  They claim to be social justice warriors of a sort, which starts out with them saying they don't believe in free speech - that is of course, with the exception of antifa! Ya, they got all the rights.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Michelle said:

You got that right!

The sad part is, some people are going to justify it. We will hear crickets from the left. 

You are correct. Not even a word of condemnation. Despite how gross this story is.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

You are correct. Not even a word of condemnation. Despite how gross this story is.

If the victims stories are true I'll condemn it.

7 hours ago, Gromdor said:

With the success of the yellow vests over in Europe, I am surprised we aren't seeing more of an upsurge in Antifa.

Gromdor, the yellow-vests **in my opinion** actually have some kind of cause that works for the good for the overburdened, overtaxed people.

Antifa is all about grabbing power. Self indulgent, dictatorial power, which is very bad for the human rights of innocent people who just don't kneel down and adore Antifa and lay gold at their feet.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

If the victims stories are true I'll condemn it.

So, Antifa are innocent until proven guilty. We wouldn't want to condemn anyone before it has been proven in a court of law would we? :rolleyes:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Michelle said:

So, Antifa are innocent until proven guilty. We wouldn't want to condemn anyone before it has been proven in a court of law would we? :rolleyes:

Nah not really my style, doing things like chanting "lock her up" or running full page ads calling for the death penalty of the accused are much more yall's speed.

23 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Nah not really my style, doing things like chanting "lock her up" or running full page ads calling for the death penalty of the accused are much more yall's speed.

Ya'll who and when did you ever hear me say "lock her up"?

It gets really old constantly being accused of things I've never said or done. Of course, that is your modus operandi.

Edited by Michelle
  • Thanks 1

Ugh. I can't stand them! They need to be thrown in jail forever!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michelle said:

Ya'll who and when did you ever hear me say "lock her up"?

It gets really old constantly being accused of things I've never said or done. Of course, that is your modus operandi.

You realize you posted a thread about alleged antifa members and yet get offended because someone alleges you to be a Trump supporter?  You don't see the irony/hypocrisy there?

Edited by Gromdor
autocorrect really doesn't like grammar

2 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Gromdor, the yellow-vests **in my opinion** actually have some kind of cause that works for the good for the overburdened, overtaxed people.

Antifa is all about grabbing power. Self indulgent, dictatorial power, which is very bad for the human rights of innocent people who just don't kneel down and adore Antifa and lay gold at their feet.

It's not the cause so much as the methods and results.  Riots and burning got the French a higher minimum wage, removed taxes on overtime, and removed taxes on pensions.  People looking for change will see similar actions here possibly working to the same degree. 

16 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

You realize you posted a thread about alleged antifa members and yet get offended because someone alleges you to be a Trump supporter?  You don't see the irony/hypocrisy there?

They have been linked to Antifa through social media and websites.

I wasn't offended. I was curious which group he was lumping me into today.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I wasn't offended. I was curious which group he was lumping me into today.

Just the ones youre continually standing with.

6 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

So I should assume you are with Antifa.

The cowards.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

That reminds me.  There does seem to be an uptick on attacks on military personnel near white supremacist rallies.  Usually because they were in uniform and the various white supremacists seem to like wearing military-esque clothing.  It makes me wonder if those groups are doing it on purpose to try and legitimatize themselves by relating to one of our institutions (the military) and hoping to score points by causing incidents like these.

2 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

That reminds me.  There does seem to be an uptick on attacks on military personnel near white supremacist rallies.  Usually because they were in uniform and the various white supremacists seem to like wearing military-esque clothing.  It makes me wonder if those groups are doing it on purpose to try and legitimatize themselves by relating to one of our institutions (the military) and hoping to score points by causing incidents like these.

I could definitely see that as a possibility. I also think the (sad but true) narrative of white supremacists infiltrating the military also probably plays a part in service members being stereotyped.

3 minutes ago, Michelle said:

So I should assume you are with Antifa.

The cowards.

I have a friend with Antifa.  She is a disabled middle aged woman.  Her and her local chapter haven't committed any violent acts or even alleged to have been.  Yet she gets this label from you because of news stories like this with "alleged" members who have the same level of contact with Antifa that the MAGA bomber and some of the recent mass shooters have had on social media with Trump. 

• Like 1

It should be as much a felony to attack a uniformed military member as it is to attack a postal worker in uniform.  Provided, of course, that it is done without cause.  

• Like 1