Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

World's first- ever graphene hiking boots

Still Waters

The world's first-ever hiking boots to use graphene have been unveiled by The University of Manchester and British brand inov-8.

Building on the international success of their pioneering use of graphene in trail running and fitness shoes last summer, the brand is now bringing the revolutionary technology to a market recently starved of innovation.

Just one atom thick and stronger than steel, graphene has been infused into the rubber of inov-8's new ROCLITE hiking boots, with the outsoles scientifically proven to be 50% stronger, 50% more elastic and 50% harder wearing.

Collaborating with graphene experts at the University, inov-8 is the first brand in the world to use the material in sports shoes and now hiking footwear.

https://phys.org/news/2018-12-world-first-graphene-hiking-boots.html

• Thanks 1

I go through boot for fun, working and walking dogs all day, so its important I have the right outdoor footwear and clothing, at the moment I have Jack Pyke boots, I always have a few pairs on the go, a few pair of trousers, game and Deerhunter along with the Swazi Tahr xp coat... 

• Like 1