Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Texas girl's brain tumor "disappears"

Eldorado

2 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Do you get invited to many parties?

Grim, joyless buzzard, innit?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, and then said:

Grim, joyless buzzard, innit?

Sorry for keeping it real around here. Have fun in your fantasy world. 

• Thanks 4

Great Story. I do know these medical miracles do occur and are always positive to hear about.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

She was in radiation treatments for months, is continuing therapy as there is a very real fear it will return, but God healed her, God didit. 

FFS. 

And religious people wonder why they aren't taken seriously. Glad she is doing better, but the reactions are just childish and stupid. 

IMG_20180806_193601.png.a2c8ca025ede93ddab6784c2302c5712.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

That really isn't the point, man.  Last summer we had a young girl of 12 die from this horrible disease locally.  She had fought it and inspired our community to hope.  Yes, it's almost uniformly lethal and it strikes the young.  That's a horrible reality.  But human beings tend to desire hope.  In fact, I can say without doubt that it's the last thing most lose before they die.  To decide to basically mock the hope in this story is thoughtless to the point of cruelty.  Enjoy your misery.  Until you decide to change, it's all you'll ever have or deserve.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

Glad she is doing better

Same here. This is more likely a sign of spontaneous remission, and it would be foolish to not keep an eye on it. My wife is in remission after 4 years of treatments and she's not backing down it for a second. She need to hold that state for at least 6 months before she can get surgery to remove the affected area. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, and then said:

That really isn't the point, man.  Last summer we had a young girl of 12 die from this horrible disease locally.  She had fought it and inspired our community to hope.  Yes, it's almost uniformly lethal and it strikes the young.  That's a horrible reality.  But human beings tend to desire hope.  In fact, I can say without doubt that it's the last thing most lose before they die.  To decide to basically mock the hope in this story is thoughtless to the point of cruelty.  Enjoy your misery.  Until you decide to change, it's all you'll ever have or deserve.

And I watched my wife suffer from cancer. It ****ing sucks. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

While some of you foolishly think I'm mocking this. I am not. I am stating what it might be. It's good that she get's another Christmas, but there are children who unfortunately never get to because of cancer. Some of us have watched people die of it and I have seen two so far in my life, I hope my wife isn't the third person. God supposedly loves us all, yet, heaven if full of children and earth is filled with broken hearts and empty homes. Doctors helped that girl, not god. Thank the doctors and the science that has progressed treatment this far. Be grateful to the minds that are actually helping lives. I am. I get another Christmas with my wife. This girl get's another with her parents. Human compassion is the miracle. So get off your self-righteous high horses and start looking around. Get real.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

I dont believe in miracles or a miraculous godly healing. Medical Oddities such as spontaneous remissions do occur but many dont last. When the disease comes back it never quite gets the coverage given to the news like a "Miracle Healing!"  gets.  I always hope and wish the best for all dealing with these issues but if it was me personally....... i still couldnt accept the idea of a "Miracle Healing", its nature, medicine and us no miracles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Spontaneous remission. Good chance that it'll come back stronger. 

You got to celebrate the good when it happens even though there will always be suffering later, otherwise why even bother doing anything 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Just now, spartan max2 said:

You got to celebrate the good when it happens even though there will always be suffering later, otherwise why even bother doing anything 

Did you not read post #12?

Just now, XenoFish said:

Did you not read post #12?

We submitted our replies around the same moment, so nope haha

24 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

She was in radiation treatments for months, is continuing therapy as there is a very real fear it will return, but God healed her, God didit. 

FFS. 

And religious people wonder why they aren't taken seriously. Glad she is doing better, but the reactions are just childish and stupid. 

IMG_20180806_193601.png.a2c8ca025ede93ddab6784c2302c5712.png

Yeah funny that, he only gets the credit for one out of the many, how about the millions that God doesn't save? 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

I had this strange rash last week that miraculously disappeared

Dont get too excited.......it may return with a vengeance, its happened to me!:unsure:

• Haha 1

Just now, jamesjr191 said:

Dont get too excited.......it may return with a vengeance, its happened to me!:unsure:

only if the lord wills it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

I had this strange rash last week that miraculously disappeared

That was penicillin,  not god thst cleared that one up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

That was penicillin,  not god thst cleared that one up.

I'm allergic to penicillin. Had to be a god what done it

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

While some of you foolishly think I'm mocking this. I am not. I am stating what it might be. It's good that she get's another Christmas, but there are children who unfortunately never get to because of cancer. Some of us have watched people die of it and I have seen two so far in my life, I hope my wife isn't the third person. God supposedly loves us all, yet, heaven if full of children and earth is filled with broken hearts and empty homes. Doctors helped that girl, not god. Thank the doctors and the science that has progressed treatment this far. Be grateful to the minds that are actually helping lives. I am. I get another Christmas with my wife. This girl get's another with her parents. Human compassion is the miracle. So get off your self-righteous high horses and start looking around. Get real.

Sorry to hear about your wife man. I seriously hope she will beat her cancer, I know you are not mocking this. You are just keeping it real and therefore I applaud you brother :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very happy for this girl and her family. What a great news. Seems that the weeks of radiation paid of here :) 
The main goals of radiation therapy are to shrink tumors and kill cancer cells !

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

Yeah funny that, he only gets the credit for one out of the many, how about the millions that God doesn't save? 

I'd like to see somone pray back a lost arm or a leg. That'd impress me. 

• Like 2