Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Texas girl's brain tumor "disappears"

Eldorado

cancer is 100B a year industry. and looks like it can grow 50% over next year,   lives of 600k that die from cancer yearly do not matter as much as 100B in cancer meds sales alone.

1 hour ago, aztek said:

studies have shown that smoking pot has lower risk of lung cancer than smoking cigs. but increased when cigs and pot smoked. has to do with anti inflammatory quality of pot,  since quite a few pot heads smoke cigs too, it negates any positive effect weed does.

I have second hand smoke experience here. My good buddy smoked cigs like a chimney for years. He also smoked pot just as often. Multiple Doctors visits over the years had him coming back with perfect lungs. I was and still am amazed.

57 minutes ago, aztek said:

cancer is 100B a year industry. and looks like it can grow 50% over next year,   lives of 600k that die from cancer yearly do not matter as much as 100B in cancer meds sales alone.

I wonder how much charities and donations contribute to cancer research vs. the money made in treatment. I bet it's a drop in a bucket. Don't hold your breath for hydrogen powered cars or cancer cure-alls any time soon. Big, big business has it's boot on the neck of both.

Just now, Dark_Grey said:

I have second hand smoke experience here. My good buddy smoked cigs like a chimney for years. He also smoked pot just as often. Multiple Doctors visits over the years had him coming back with perfect lungs. I was and still am amazed.

lucky guy. how old was he then?  if under 30, not surprising.  but then unless you have tb or lung cancer xray will come back clean.

Just now, Dark_Grey said:

I wonder how much charities and donations contribute to cancer research vs. the money made in treatment. I bet it's a drop in a bucket. Don't hold your breath for hydrogen powered cars or cancer cure-alls any time soon. Big, big business has it's boot on the neck of both.

not unusual for company who does collection for a charity to keep over 90% in some cases 99%

• Like 1

Until recently, you might have received a telemarketing call on behalf of the Knoxville, Tennessee–based Cancer Fund of America (or one of its three affiliates: Cancer Support Services, the Breast Cancer Society, and Children’s Cancer Fund of America), boasting of the organization’s work “in the forefront of the fight against cancer.” The charity provided “direct aid,” the pitch continued, to people “anywhere in the United States” suffering from “over 240 types of cancer.” Its charter includes driving cancer victims to chemo appointments, paying for their groceries, and providing pain medication to suffering children.

So you wouldn’t know, then, had you donated money to the group, that only 3 percent of your gift would have gone to “direct aid,” according to the Federal Trade Commission. And, according to a fraud case filed by the FTC and law enforcement partners from all 50 states, none of that direct aid consisted of driving people to chemo or doling out pain meds.

Instead, Cancer Fund of America distributed “gift boxes” filled with Little Debbie’s snack cakes, hotel-size shampoo samples, and batteries. The only drugs the charities distributed were those they received as gifts in kind, which were shipped to developing countries and were often not cancer meds; in fact, some were inappropriate for cancer patients, according to the complaint.

What happened to the other 97 percent of the donations? According to the FTC, much of the money was spent on the charity’s staff—principally the founder, James T. Reynolds Sr., and his extended family and friends. A trip to Disney World (with a paid babysitter in tow). A trip to Vegas. College tuition for several employees. Ten cars. Dues for a dating website. A luxury cruise. Apart from the perks, more than twice the amount that was spent on children with cancer went to pay the salaries of Reynolds’s children, in-laws, fellow churchgoers, and friends, who were hired without regard to their qualifications, says the FTC. Reynolds’s son, for example, received nearly $371,000 in 2010 as CEO of the spin-off group Breast Cancer Services.

a lot more here;https://www.rd.com/culture/how-charities-spend-money/

and it's a trip of the iceberg.

this is another reason why i don't donate to charities,  i al;so do not donate for any cancer research.  medical cartel makes enough to fund their own research

Edited by aztek

1 hour ago, aztek said:

if thc killed cancer potheads would never get it. but they do . bob Marley, was a pot head and died of cancer just 1 example

Bob Marley's death of cancer was surely preventable in my opinion but that would be a totally different discussion I guess.  

On Marijuana and cancer, scientists reported that THC and other cannabinoids such as CBD slow growth and/or cause death in certain types of cancer cells growing in lab dishes. Some animal studies also suggest certain cannabinoids may slow growth and reduce spread of some forms of cancer.

There have been some early clinical trials of cannabinoids in treating cancer in humans and more studies are planned. While the studies so far have shown that cannabinoids can be safe in treating cancer, they do not show that they help control or cure the disease.

For more information on Marijuana and cancer please check out : https://www.cancer.org/treatment/treatments-and-side-effects/complementary-and-alternative-medicine/marijuana-and-cancer.html

• Thanks 1

On a long drive to Pittsburgh I listened to this guy who called in the radio station to talk about the extensive cannabis research he had been involved in. It was super interesting. He did talk about how cannabis can be used, in creams especially, to fight cancer. There is a lot of further research that needs done, but he did say the worst for you and least effective way of using it for medical purposes is to smoke it. Other than to perk up an appetite that might be diminished due to cancer treatments it doesnt really do much. In fact smoking it is detrimental in that its unfiltered smoke.

• Like 1