Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Goat suckers of Mexico

CuCulaine

Unexplained

Goat suckers

I think your on the wrong track, first loss of blood with puncture wounds are verifid. Then a search for any type of tracks around the area this will help to narrow it down. 

(It is well documented that a weasel will kill several birds in a night taking a bite out of each ones kneck, a mother fox will take her kids into a chicken house killing almost all to teach them how to kill.)

This as I have seen points to some type of social insect or insect/mammal hybrid  presently unknown to science. I think centipede/mallipede.  it would be a member of the spider, scorpian injecting venom then sucking out the juices. 

• The title was changed to Goat suckers of Mexico

I was really jazzed when the chupacabra first popped up, the puerto rico version some zoological abomination,  this was many years back and my dad went to puerto rico to visit and i asked him to get me a chupra t shirt and little figures,

He ask in several little shops no one had anything its 15 minutes were gone, then it got stolen and revamped into a skinless canine in texas and became a tool for a few attention junkies,

The arthropod idea is fine except it doesnt fit the PR sightings

Ive basically filed the original chupra in with things like the flatwoods monster.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎2018‎-‎12‎-‎20 at 10:40 PM, the13bats said:

I was really jazzed when the chupacabra first popped up, the puerto rico version some zoological abomination,  this was many years back and my dad went to puerto rico to visit and i asked him to get me a chupra t shirt and little figures,

He ask in several little shops no one had anything its 15 minutes were gone, then it got stolen and revamped into a skinless canine in texas and became a tool for a few attention junkies,

The arthropod idea is fine except it doesnt fit the PR sightings

. ve basically filed the original chupra in with things like the flatwoods monster.

I suggest this because of puncture marks on the victims, blood drained, the survivors didn't break down the fence to get away. If we look at insects per say we find the signs definitely within in their hunting practise. We also know insects have grown to be very large, predatory and easily able to take a goat down. Today we have predatory insects that can and will take down goat sized mammals.

• Confused 1

@CuCulaine, welcome to UM.

Which insects are you referring to in your above post? 

Personally, I don’t think there’s anything more to this than mangy animals, predators/scavengers and hoaxes. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CuCulaine said:

I suggest this because of puncture marks on the victims, blood drained, the survivors didn't break down the fence to get away. If we look at insects per say we find the signs definitely within in their hunting practise. We also know insects have grown to be very large, predatory and easily able to take a goat down. Today we have predatory insects that can and will take down goat sized mammals.

None of the chupacabra sightings I've heard of suggest an arthropod identity. Insects and other arthropods are limited in size by the amount of oxygen available, which is why there are none today as large as those from the Carboniferous when atmospheric oxygen levels were higher.

• Like 2

Of the pictures the OP posted none look even vaguely like original chupra sightings and i question are any of those pictures real creatures or at least not photoshopped perhaps the Crustaceans and spider are, but if the spider is real what is it, doesnt look like a camel spider.

Spider do feed with hollow fangs however they "bite" and inject a chemical to thin and start to process the preys insides,  then they suck that out,

There is zero reports or evedence i have seen that happened in the case of animals with puncture wounds alleged to be from a chupra but rather simple fang marks from canine type animals,

I was super jazzed up excited about the orginal chupracabra but i too now believe it was common predators of the area mixed with hype and contagen...cue chupracabra parody song.

Sad to me so many things are now blanket termed chupracabras

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Carnoferox said:

None of the chupacabra sightings I've heard of suggest an arthropod identity. Insects and other arthropods are limited in size by the amount of oxygen available, which is why there are none today as large as those from the Carboniferous when atmospheric oxygen levels were higher.

I am not talking sightings, I'm talking evidence from the victims that certainly fall within insect attacks on prey. The only mammal I know of so far that drinks blood is the Vampire Bat and even that dost drain its victim like the prop shows. descriptions at this point do not support examinations of victims.

Sorry, chupra evidence or pseudo evedence never showed any fully "drained" victims but rather results of examinations done by a bit more reputable sources showed nothing that couldnt be explaned by attacks from indigious predators, i was disapointed.

In the pursuit of real science We have to dig deeper than one story that has the outcome we desire,

Example,

The alien in a trap in mexico,  Jaime Maussan alleged like he does with most things this is the real deal, ( with little to nothing to back up the claim)

He did however paid big money for the little corpse.

On monsterquest he has his own team one alleged dna expert and a couple other so labled experts say no way this is a monkey or any known creature, this is an alien or unknown creature, dna inconclusive which always means its real to a believer when it actually proves zero.

Then the story unwinds and it is without doubt a dead marmoset, a zoo that had it and real dna rests proved it.

My point in all due respects research the orginal chupra more...i did and was sad.

• Like 1

On ‎2018‎-‎12‎-‎23 at 3:57 AM, the13bats said:

Of the pictures the OP posted none look even vaguely like original chupra sightings and i question are any of those pictures real creatures or at least not photoshopped perhaps the Crustaceans and spider are, but if the spider is real what is it, doesnt look like a camel spider.

Spider do feed with hollow fangs however they "bite" and inject a chemical to thin and start to process the preys insides,  then they suck that out,

There is zero reports or evedence i have seen that happened in the case of animals with puncture wounds alleged to be from a chupra but rather simple fang marks from canine type animals,

I was super jazzed up excited about the orginal chupracabra but i too now believe it was common predators of the area mixed with hype and contagen...cue chupracabra parody song.

Sad to me so many things are now blanket termed chupracabras

So tell me what NA-SA animals you know of will simply drink the blood of prey but not eat the flesh leaving two puncture marks on its victims while killing many ?

26 minutes ago, CuCulaine said:

So tell me what NA-SA animals you know of will simply drink the blood of prey but not eat the flesh leaving two puncture marks on its victims while killing many ?

None, because they don't exist. Specialized sanguivores are rare and they never completely drain prey of blood and kill it.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, the13bats said:

Sorry, chupra evidence or pseudo evedence never showed any fully "drained" victims but rather results of examinations done by a bit more reputable sources showed nothing that couldnt be explaned by attacks from indigious predators, i was disapointed.

In the pursuit of real science We have to dig deeper than one story that has the outcome we desire,

Example,

The alien in a trap in mexico,  Jaime Maussan alleged like he does with most things this is the real deal, ( with little to nothing to back up the claim)

On monsterquest he has his own team one alleged dna expert and a couple other so labled experts say no way this is a monkey or any known creature, this is an alien or unknown creature, dna inconclusive which always means its real to a believer when it actually proves zero.

Then the story unwinds and it is without doubt a dead marmoset, a zoo that had it and real dna rests proved it.

My point in all due respects research the orginal chupra more...i did and was sad.

Yeah, that was a child mummy from Thebes not an alien...Maussan tried to pass it off as an alien at the Roswell Slides event in Mexico in 2015. Anything Maussan is connected with is almost assuredly a hoax.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carnoferox said:

None, because they don't exist. Specialized sanguivores are rare and they never completely drain prey of blood and kill it.

Even Vampire Bats do not drain victims of all the blood....I suppose if enough them attacked a single host they could.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Alien Origins said:

Even Vampire Bats do not drain victims of all the blood....I suppose if enough them attacked a single host they could.

Those suckers just bite and lick and they do love livestock.

1 minute ago, Piney said:

Those suckers just bite and lick and they do love livestock.

Yep..I saw a documentary on them one time. And your right they do prefer livestock.

1 minute ago, Alien Origins said:

Yep..I saw a documentary on them one time. And your right they do prefer livestock.

Nightriders in the Southwest have to keep a eye out for them. Anemia is bad news with beef cattle and foals don't heal well until the colostrum kicks in.  

11 hours ago, Alien Origins said:

Yeah, that was a child mummy from Thebes not an alien...Maussan tried to pass it off as an alien at the Roswell Slides event in Mexico in 2015. Anything Maussan is connected with is almost assuredly a hoax.

No, different mummy same maussan, lol, the one i spoke of is a monkey, it was in a rat trap.

But yeah, he has his own team say whatever then real teams expose the truth,

Yes, maussan always fails...

Cuc,

original chupra victim reports are inaccurate, no victims were dry of blood and all had other wounds, fang wounds are common, from predators with fangs like cats and dogs not spiders big enough to have that size fang,

Some predators will kill every chicken in a coop and perhaps try to eat only one or two and i do not know why.

7 minutes ago, the13bats said:

No, different mummy same maussan, lol, the one i spoke of is a monkey, it was in a rat trap.

But yeah, he has his own team say whatever then real teams expose the truth,

Yes, maussan always fails...

Cuc,

original chupra victim reports are inaccurate, no victims were dry of blood and all had other wounds, fang wounds are common, from predators with fangs like cats and dogs not spiders big enough to have that size fang,

Some predators will kill every chicken in a coop and perhaps try to eat only one or two and i do not know why.

Never heard that one..Got a link to it?

On 23/12/2018 at 5:14 AM, CuCulaine said:

*snip*

We also know insects have grown to be very large, predatory and easily able to take a goat down. Today we have predatory insects that can and will take down goat sized mammals.

Again, what are you referring to here? I have no knowledge of what your suggesting, other than that is seems incorrect. 

Where are these large, predatory insects which are capable of taking down goat sized mammals?

Interesting...I haven't heard this hypothesis regarding the chupacabra before. However, I don't believe it's insects as well due to reasons already stated before. Why would an insect want to target any mammal bigger than something like a mouse? I guess an insect would be capable of taking out a large mammal with venom or something like that, but why would a spider want to prey on a goat? That's just a waste of energy to prey on something you'll only be able to eat a fraction of. A spider (or any kind of insect/arachnid/similar bug-like creatures for that matter) wouldn't even be able to save it for later because of the size.

Something, I want to bring up though that I found in multiple articles. I had no idea about this until I read it recently. What do other members think of this?

"Radford noticed that Tolentino's 1995 description was similar to the alien from the 1995 movie Species, which had recently been released in Puerto Rico and which she had watched. The film was set in the present day, revolves around top-secret US scientific experiments, and was partly filmed in Puerto Rico." (Source: BBC

It makes me wonder how it transitioned into the more canine animal that tends to be reported in the United States.

Here alien origins,

rat trap alien..ahem monkey

As far as comparing the orginal chupra to sil ( species hybrid alien )

Sil was inspired by H.R. Giger art same art that inspired the aliens in those films though i dont know how close the artist worked with the films,

Personally i dont see that close of a resemblances to sil and the orginal chupra,

But the baby is too close for comfort, very chupra ish , i very much could see how a new scifi flick mixing an alien hybird with erotica could very well spread into the idea of a creature hopping around PR.

Might just be onto something here.

When the original chupra starred to die off in PR was about the time when all kinds of things ranging from washed up on beaches to being hit by cars were labled "chupracabra"

Imho, A few loud players in texas stole it for that hairless canine in a grab more for attention and profits than science.

• Like 1