Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Status Updates

Robotic Jew

I see on the right side of my screen a box that says "Recent Status Updates". My question is...where does one go to post a status update? I can't seem to find this option anywhere.

there should be a box under that that says "what's on your mind?".

click on that, and you will be able to start writing

9 minutes ago, seaturtlehorsesnake said:

there should be a box under that that says "what's on your mind?".

click on that, and you will be able to start writing

Yeah...I don't have that....

I'm not sure how to correct your problem, but there is an alternative way of posting status updates. Go to your profile page, (you can do that either by clicking on your own name or avatar in a post you have made, or by clicking on your avatar at the top right of any forum page). Then click on the activity tab. You should now see a box which looks a bit like this:

Write a public message on your own feed...

This will post the comment as a status update. If you don't have this box then I suggest you contact Saru.

@Robotic Jew You might have inadvertently disabled your status updates. 

Click on your name to go to your profile >>> click edit my profile > Enable status updates?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a problem seeing links within the status updates of other members.  I see a mention of something as though a link is being placed but I see no link.  It's been going on for a few weeks.

6 hours ago, and then said:

I'm having a problem seeing links within the status updates of other members.  I see a mention of something as though a link is being placed but I see no link.  It's been going on for a few weeks.

Click on the little cog wheel that appears next to the words "Recent Status Updates". Make sure "Rich Text" is on. Save settings. 

That should do it.

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf
typo.
  • Thanks 1