Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Barney and Betty Hill........UFO Abduction...

Newfrance

7 hours ago, Saru said:

Thread cleaned

gostar - please keep your posts clear, concise and on topic - what you are posting isn't making sense to anyone else.

Also bear in mind that, as this is a discussion forum, your posts need to contribute to whatever is being discussed.

If you are only looking to post random notes a blog would be a more suitable place for that.

cant you just close the thread.. and bury it deep deep deeeeep in the archives Saru.. I have just spent the last 30 minutes reading his posts trying to figure out what the f he is trying to point out..  gods zoser could at least argue.. kinda.. sorta.. in a funny way

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DingoLingo said:

cant you just close the thread.. and bury it deep deep deeeeep in the archives Saru.. I have just spent the last 30 minutes reading his posts trying to figure out what the f he is trying to point out..  gods zoser could at least argue.. kinda.. sorta.. in a funny way

Holy Moly, it took you 30 minutes to figure out that he can't be figured out..?   I think I gave one of his posts 30 seconds. That's all I needed. :rolleyes:

On 19/12/2018 at 11:32 PM, NightScreams said:

I think the concept is an idea that aliens are thousands of years more advanced than us and could either create wormholes or utilize higher dimensions. 

Based on what? Why are "alien civilizations" always incredibly advanced? This is real life, not sci fi.

• Thanks 3

On 20/12/2018 at 12:26 AM, papageorge1 said:

I agree in the overall consideration this is a very strong case. 

Then you haven't considered it properly. It's anything but.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Emma_Acid said:

Then you haven't considered it properly. It's anything but.

I believe I consider things from a neutral place. An acidic or alkaline attitude will try to create the pre-desired conclusion.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2019 at 3:36 AM, papageorge1 said:

I believe I consider things from a neutral place.

Most of your beliefs are considered rather credulous from an outside view, this one is no different. 

On 1/8/2019 at 3:36 AM, papageorge1 said:

An acidic or alkaline attitude will try to create the pre-desired conclusion.

You always start with a predetermined conclusion which seems worse than creating one. At least creating a conclusion requires 'a' process at least. Blindly championing wild claims for the sake of it has no real value. 

On 12/19/2018 at 5:38 PM, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

@Newfrance     Hi. I see you are new here.

It's customary to get the links to the story in post #1.  It's a good story that can certainly be discussed but support is needed here in order to properly kick it off.

Your advice is well taken re: links. But this story, Roswell, Travis Walton, ad infinitum, are not worth the forum's bandwidth. The Hill's story has been covered beyond mondo and the results are always the same: bs! You rarely see it mentioned but Betty was active in nascent UFOlogy. No UFO, no abduction, just money-making bs. If you're gullible, go for it. But I don't want to know you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've been out several times to places where people see UFOs that are not unidentified. Even when told what the were seeing they denied the obvious facts and concocted their own story,

In one case I've mentioned several times the people were observing circumpolar satellites.  I pointed out that the dots of light in the sky would go by Polaris. I predicted when tehy'd be hidden by Earth's shadow. Did not matter.

On another occasion it was lights ascending into the sky. I pointed out that it was cars driving up a mountain. They denied that there was a mountain over there. I offered my binoculars. No they said, there is no mountain over there.

This story is similar to the rest. Maybe Betty was the the one that wanted it to be UFOs.

• 2 weeks later...

I was intrigued with the B&B hill case even frightened at a young age by it, and it wasnt until the internet that i did some hobbyist detective work on it, 

Not that i believe at all in alien abduction i still love a good mystery and betty seemed sincere but i know too well a person can be sincere and wrong, or out right lying or delusional, i have come to believe betty was all of that.

If you go reaserch it as i did and much comes from true believer researchers who wrote her off you can learn what i did, in brief she was a little eccentric she loved the ufo idea and the idea of aliens, they did see something barney insisted it was a plane she insisted spacecraft, for the next year or so she wrote a book and would read it to barney, the presentation of their case is her book, he first description of the aliens were  jimmy durante types, after she saw a twightzone she changed that.

She would speak at ufo conventions of seeing trucks floating on the highway and i believe it was  Kevin Randle who said he was with her in the field and she would think a street lamp was the mothership, he dismissed her.

The idea of abduction is perfect for the person seeking to be part of something bigger no proof of any kind but that's okay  if we doubt the story we are just stupid.

And a lot of money has been made with this subject,