Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tourists killed in Morocco, arrests made

The Caspian Hare

https://www.moroccoworldnews.com/2018/12/260969/four-suspects-involved-murder-scandinavian-tourists/

Rabat – An official source told Morocco World News that the murder of the two Scandinavian tourists was, in fact, a potential  terrorist act.

Twenty four hours following the arrest of the first crime suspect, authorities concluded that the killing bore the characteristics of terrorism.

Local police are currently tracking down the three other suspects.

The terrorists filmed the murder of the two tourists. A video circulating on social media shows a man armed with a knife slicing the head of one of the two tourists.

The video sparked outrage among Moroccans. Some internet users who watched the footage on Facebook advised people to not watch it if they received it, due to the graphic content.

• Sad 2

I wonder what the global reaction would be if non-Muslims began slaughtering Muslims, randomly?  I bet it would be a bit more intense than the outcry over these atrocities.  I think someone is sowing the wind.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, and then said:

I wonder what the global reaction would be if non-Muslims began slaughtering Muslims, randomly?  I bet it would be a bit more intense than the outcry over these atrocities.  I think someone is sowing the wind.

don't we already do it all over ME?

• Like 2

We hear such sad cases too often but I cannot understand why 2 young ladies, or some people in general, feel the need for such kind of adventure vacation in remote areas of such countries.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Suspects in Morocco murder of Scandavian tourists made video pledging allegiance to Islamic State

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/12/20/suspects-morocco-murder-scandavian-tourists-made-video-pledging/

Terrorists have a really strange notion of what "heroic" is, do they not.  Killing harmless girls on holiday, blowing themselves up in street markets and pop concerts for children. The mind boggles.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Suspects in Morocco murder of Scandavian tourists made video pledging allegiance to Islamic State

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/12/20/suspects-morocco-murder-scandavian-tourists-made-video-pledging/

Terrorists have a really strange notion of what "heroic" is, do they not.  Killing harmless girls on holiday, blowing themselves up in street markets and pop concerts for children. The mind boggles.

Yeah, ISIS is getting pushed out of their last land territory and starting to spread around again.  I almost wish we could leave them a piece of ground for them to fight for.  That way the would-be jihadists from around the world could have somewhere to go to fight and die at. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/20/2018 at 2:38 AM, seanjo said:

No, we don't, the most dangerous person to a Moslem in the ME is another Moslem.

There were over half a million CIVILIAN lives lost as a result of the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan. What was the global reaction? Are most westerners today even aware of this?

• Like 1

On 12/20/2018 at 3:21 AM, toast said:

We hear such sad cases too often but I cannot understand why 2 young ladies, or some people in general, feel the need for such kind of adventure vacation in remote areas of such countries.

Totally incomprehensible to me. At the same time, if they've been fed a steady diet of media and cultural influence underscoring the supreme values of diversity, equality, tolerance and multiculturalism since they were born, is it any wonder these girls would do such a thing? It really doesn't surprise me at all. 

• Like 2

On 12/20/2018 at 3:21 AM, toast said:

Probably because we are told by liberals that if we speak out against Muslims in any way, even the extremist points of view it is "Islamphobia". So these poor people thought the world was a rosy place, and that we should all love and embrace one another, but the real world killed them.

On 1/8/2019 at 11:24 PM, Booth said:

There were over half a million CIVILIAN lives lost as a result of the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan. What was the global reaction? Are most westerners today even aware of this?

I've said it before on these forums. I have never met one single person in real life and only one person on these forums that wanted us in Iraq. That was George and Dick's war. Pretty much no one else in the world wanted us to go into Iraq. Some things are better left alone. Iraq and Syria be great examples of massive loss of innocent lives.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2019 at 3:33 PM, seanjo said:

And most of them were killed by other Moslem's in their internecine bloodletting.

Yes, but we've killed our share as well. Point being: all of it was a direct result of western interference. We destabilized the region and allowed the sectarian violence to flourish.

5 hours ago, Booth said:

Yes, but we've killed our share as well. Point being: all of it was a direct result of western interference. We destabilized the region and allowed the sectarian violence to flourish.

Is it your belief that Islamic fundamentalists will simply fade away after 9-11 and our reprisal or are you just making the point that our choice after being attacked would best have been to do nothing?  The mess in Iraq should have been avoided but the strikes on Afghanistan should have been brutal, all-encompassing and brief.  The only answer to this madness is to inflict such pain that they steer clear of provoking us.  No aid, no rebuilding and no nation-building of any description.  Go absolutely ROMAN on their states and then walk away until they stick their heads up again.  Rinse, repeat.  At some point, they'll get the message and leave us alone.  Or their ability to wage war will be ended.

On 1/9/2019 at 5:24 AM, Booth said:

I believe that is the "surplus mortality" figure ? In other words, civilians that died NOT due to bullets or bombs, but due - for example - degraded hospital facilities, or a lack of clean water etcetera ? 

Sadly, westerners are too used to hearing death tolls from the region, and have become immured to it. For example, the death toll in the Iran/Iraq war was around 1.5 million ? 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, and then said:

Is it your belief that Islamic fundamentalists will simply fade away after 9-11 and our reprisal or are you just making the point that our choice after being attacked would best have been to do nothing?  The mess in Iraq should have been avoided but the strikes on Afghanistan should have been brutal, all-encompassing and brief.  The only answer to this madness is to inflict such pain that they steer clear of provoking us.  No aid, no rebuilding and no nation-building of any description.  Go absolutely ROMAN on their states and then walk away until they stick their heads up again.  Rinse, repeat.  At some point, they'll get the message and leave us alone.  Or their ability to wage war will be ended.

The best approach would've been to not interfere in Islamic lands to begin with. Al-Queda was created as a direct result of that interference. Post 9/11, the best approach would've been to first punish Al-Queda severely, but then withdraw from the Middle East. Secondly, expel all Moslems from our countries. As unfair as it seems to some, that remains true today. Deposing the Taliban and Hussein only served to destabilize the region.

Ultimately, it all comes back to our misguided support for Israel. If Jews believe they have a right to that land, let them fight for it without our help; it has nothing to do with us. Not a single American/European life should be sacrificed for their "defense".

Instead, we continue to send billions to Israel and flood our own countries with Moslems. We've elected them to the US Congress and even made one the mayor of London. It's absolutely insane.

18 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

I believe that is the "surplus mortality" figure ? In other words, civilians that died NOT due to bullets or bombs, but due - for example - degraded hospital facilities, or a lack of clean water etcetera ? 

Sadly, westerners are too used to hearing death tolls from the region, and have become immured to it. For example, the death toll in the Iran/Iraq war was around 1.5 million ? 

That may very well be. I can't honestly say I've analyzed the casualty figures to determine whether they were direct or surplus. But either way, these lives have been lost as a direct result of western occupation and the response to it.