Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Hawken

Veteran starts a Go Fund Me to build the wall

142 posts in this topic

DingoLingo

you americans are so amusing :D

just reading the comments on that page was fun 

• Like 7

Gromdor

I like it.  I'm fine with people wasting their own money. 

• Like 3

aztek

wow, a simple and brilliant idea. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

spartan max2

Thats interesting . I wounder if we are approaching a world where policy is decided by referendums, state ballots, and go fund me's. This would be good and bad.

I'm only half joking. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

Agent0range

Bravo.  Let the supporters waste their own money.  How many Trumpets on here will donate?  I bet I can count them on his toes...

Edited by Agent0range
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

and then
11 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Bravo.  Let the supporters waste their own money.  How many Trumpets on here will donate?  I bet I can count them on his toes...

I'm not sure how much money they'll raise but I do expect a trend toward vigilantism against illegals at some point.  People are really getting fed up with the government ignoring us or outright spitting in our faces and telling us to like it.  Wouldn't surprise me at all if some Prog government unleashes U.S. forces on Americans that go down there as a militia to fight against the tide.  Just let the economy become bad enough.

Varelse
1 hour ago, DingoLingo said:

Americans no longer comment on news articles. That's all Russians and Ukrainians pretending to be American and idiot leftys dumb enough to respond.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

aztek
48 minutes ago, and then said:

I'm not sure how much money they'll raise but I do expect a trend toward vigilantism against illegals at some point.  People are really getting fed up with the government ignoring us or outright spitting in our faces and telling us to like it.  Wouldn't surprise me at all if some Prog government unleashes U.S. forces on Americans that go down there as a militia to fight against the tide.  Just let the economy become bad enough.

nope,, Obama created DHS army for that purpose.  they would not trust armed forces.

Piney
1 hour ago, and then said:

I do expect a trend toward vigilantism against illegals at some point.

That crap's been going on for about 2 decades. Minute Men who don't know a Mexican dope smuggler from a Indian cowhand. 

Fun times.... :mellow:

• Haha 1

Hankenhunter
50 minutes ago, aztek said:

nope,, Obama created DHS army for that purpose.  they would not trust armed forces.

With all the fear, anger, and distrust you're packing, how do you sleep at night? Do you have a Teddy Gun you snuggle up to, cause, dang.

Hank

• Haha 2

aztek
27 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

With all the fear, anger, and distrust you're packing, how do you sleep at night? Do you have a Teddy Gun you snuggle up to, cause, dang.

Hank

a lot better than you obviously, since  i'm not the one that sees  fear anger and distrust like you do, where there isn't any.  

• Like 1

aztek
1 hour ago, Varelse said:

I'm going to start a go fund me page to build a great, great impenetrable wall around Washington DC. We must protect ourselves. Americans are sending people that have lots of problems, and they are bringing those problems to us. When America sends people to Washington DC it sends it's worst. Liars, rapists, sociopaths, traitors, drug pushers, perjurers, and murderers. Some are good, but the vast majority of problems in America come from these people so I am proposing this wall.   

great idea, go ahead, i'll donate.  seriously, 

throw in removing numerous privileges, cutting their pay, no tax payer funded cars, complete oversight, long mandatory prison time for any one got caught taking bribes,  and they will quit themselves. add punishment for failed policies, and DC will be empty.  they have to feel they work for people, not own them

Edited by aztek
  • Like 3

Imaginarynumber1
3 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Thats interesting . I wounder if we are approaching a world where policy is decided by referendums, state ballots, and go fund me's. This would be good and bad.

I'm only half joking. 

Go fund me is already probably the largest coverr of medical expenses in the US

• Like 1

Hankenhunter
58 minutes ago, aztek said:

a lot better than you obviously, since  i'm not the one that sees  fear anger and distrust like you do, where there isn't any.  

I'm not the one with the conspiracy theory du jour. How do you keep track of them all?

Hank

susieice

He's over $1 million now and Go Fund Me doesn't allow an amount over $1 billion as a goal. Wonder how he'll do.

https://www.businessinsider.com/gofundme-campaign-to-pay-for-the-border-wall-has-raised-hundreds-of-thousands-of-dollars-2018-12

Edited by susieice
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hawken
9 minutes ago, susieice said:

He's over $1 million now and Go Fund Me doesn't allow an amount over $1 billion as a goal. Wonder how he'll do.

https://www.businessinsider.com/gofundme-campaign-to-pay-for-the-border-wall-has-raised-hundreds-of-thousands-of-dollars-2018-12

Check this out. It even tells how many people donated.

https://www.gofundme.com/thetrumpwall

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

susieice
2 minutes ago, Hawken said:

Check this out. It even tells how many people donated.

https://www.gofundme.com/thetrumpwall

Oh wow. He's over $2 million now. Small amounts, like $10 at a time!

• Like 2

Gromdor
1 minute ago, susieice said:

Oh wow. He's over $2 million now. Small amounts, like $10 at a time!

It's a nice start but it has a long way to go.  Two million is .2% of one billion. 

If they were trying to raise $1000, it would be the equivalent of reaching the 2$ mark.

• Like 1

susieice

I want to see how far he actually gets.

• Like 1

Gromdor
Just now, susieice said:

I want to see how far he actually gets.

I'd like to see him fund it.  Let the will of the people be truly shown with their dollars. 

• Like 4

Hawken
5 hours ago, DingoLingo said:

The world would be a boring place without us, aye mate? :lol:

• Like 3

third_eye

Nobody read the fine print ?

~

toast

Announcement:

Toast will open his winter 2019 Go Fund Me after the holidays. Target is 500kUSD (911 GT2 RS, PlaneWave CDK600 Telescopsystem plus features, MIG29 high altitude passenger flight)

Details to follow, also for the spring 2019 Go Fund Me project.

• Like 4