Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Veteran starts a Go Fund Me to build the wall

Hawken

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Yeah, illegal immigration saves them a ton on wages and health insurance :lol:

It’s also committing suicide.  Unless a company is strictly an exporter, their product is intended for local consumption.  However, if the local’s wages are being undercut by cheap labor, then no one can afford to buy their product.  A balance between Business – labor – consumer need each other to survive.  Bringing in cheap labor destroys this symbiosis.  Clearly, the welfare of the individual worker is not the concern of the company but the welfare of the workforce is vital to the company’s prosperity.

I love how they want to require Presidential candidates to make their tax returns public but not Congressional ones. You'd really see how much you've been swindled then. Yes, I want Pelosi's tax returns made public too.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

It’s also committing suicide.  Unless a company is strictly an exporter, their product is intended for local consumption.  However, if the local’s wages are being undercut by cheap labor, then no one can afford to buy their product.  A balance between Business – labor – consumer need each other to survive.  Bringing in cheap labor destroys this symbiosis.  Clearly, the welfare of the individual worker is not the concern of the company but the welfare of the workforce is vital to the company’s prosperity.

It's just the continuation of the Walmarting of America.  Labor is just a resource to many of our CEOs and business owners.  If they can get a cheaper, more reliable, and more easily disposable after use resource then there isn't a company around that wouldn't jump at it.  Companies and capitalism doesn't care about America.  The care about profit.  Again, take a look at the Ocasio Cortez thread.  We have guys saying we should do our best to placate corporations and the rich so they won't leave for other countries even though placating them itself is detrimental to our country.  Ideology like that is what is causing the wealth inequality and illegal immigration issues in this country. 

17 minutes ago, susieice said:

I love how they want to require Presidential candidates to make their tax returns public but not Congressional ones. You'd really see how much you've been swindled then. Yes, I want Pelosi's tax returns made public too.

I wouldn't mind that.  The bill hasn't been voted on or anything so there is no reason it can't be amended.  (Granted even the people against it would probably put it on there because it will never get signed into law by Trump.  This is just another "for the dog and pony show" bill)

33 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I wouldn't mind that.  The bill hasn't been voted on or anything so there is no reason it can't be amended.  (Granted even the people against it would probably put it on there because it will never get signed into law by Trump.  This is just another "for the dog and pony show" bill)

I am of the opinion that all Congressional members should have to make their tax returns public. I'm sure they'll hide bribes and kick backs, but we have a right to know how much we are being charged by our public servants. They all become millionaires and set for life with full benefits the minute they get elected while we struggle and pay for every little thing we get. Congress should be held accountable to the American people! Anyone who doesn't believe that is a fool. 

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, susieice said:

Maxine Waters has made tons from corruption. I'd like to see more than anything is the details behind the millions of tax payer dollars that have been used by members of Congress to settle sexual harassment/assault cases.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Maxine Waters has made tons from corruption. I'd like to see more than anything is the details behind the millions of tax payer dollars that have been used by members of Congress to settle sexual harassment/assault cases.

That's another thing that will never happen.  It's one of the few things with bi-partisan support.  We need to start electing people with better morals and not because of what team they are on.  Take Roy Moore for example.  Why even consider a guy like that?  The fund was made with people like him in mind.

• Like 1

Looks like this may be a scam

Trump fans have desperately spent millions on a GoFundMe page for the wall — but it looks like they’re getting duped

ndsay Lowery, who goes by the alias Prissy Holly, worked for Kolfage’s main conservative news website, Freedom Daily, for about a year in 2017 as Trump’s presidency began to take shape and the world of fake news on Facebook remained largely unabated.

“After I started challenging some of his business decisions that I felt were reckless for the company and for my career, the real Brian emerged,” she told BuzzFeed News. “Everything is only about his ‘war hero’ persona and money. If there’s a perceived slight on his part, he viciously attacks people…and, in my case, tries to destroy their life and livelihood.”

BuzzFeed News reviewed a cache of internal emails and text messages from several of Kolfage’s former employees and acquaintances that show how he pushed to sensationalize and fabricate right-wing content on Facebook to amass clicks, manipulate users, and in the process, make hundreds of thousands of dollars a month in advertising revenue. In one text, he claimed to run a “multi-million business.”

In addition to Lowery, three sources corroborated the documents and their experience with Kolfage, but were afraid to go on the record, citing his past behavior of lashing out and threatening legal action against those who have spoken against him.

• Like 1

A scam? Possibly. He says donaters many redirect their refund to his new 501C but if they don't act on it they'll be automatically refunded. So with this development, let people do what they want. Nobody has lost anything. So far the big winner here is GoFundMe as they've had nearly 20M sitting in the bank collecting interest for the last month.

https://www.businessinsider.com/gofundme-refunding-donations-build-the-wall-fundraiser-2019-1

• Like 1

If he scams then he would have a thousand lawsuits coming at him lol, I doubt he would do that, he would for sure lose 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

If he scams then he would have a thousand lawsuits coming at him lol, I doubt he would do that, he would for sure lose 

People abuse their charities all the time >**cough cough Clintons**< so it's possible he ends up scamming. As for right now, not really a scam.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, susieice said:

Yeah, that article makes it sound scammish.  He wants to redirect it into a non-profit that he can manage to build the wall themselves?  Me thinks he will pay himself to manage the fund.  No wonder why GoFundMe cancelled it and is doing refunds.

• Like 2

The donators have a choice to redirect the money or refund. They have 90 days to redirect or get automatically refunded.

• Like 1

I'm not at all surprised. We discussed that this could happen on page 4.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

Charlie Kirk visits the border between the US and Mexico.

• 1 year later...

Had to bring this thread back since Bannon and Kolfage have been arrested for fraud over it.

Edit to add: Just saw my post #139 and got a chuckle out of it.

Edited by Gromdor
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Had to bring this thread back since Bannon and Kolfage have been arrested for fraud over it.

Edit to add: Just saw my post #139 and got a chuckle out of it.

Any thoughts on lottery numbers for this week?

• Like 1

I was refunded my 10 bucks a long time ago. Not sure what happened with everyone else's money I guess lol.