Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Time-Traveller from 2030 gives predictions

Eldorado

So who's gonna win the super bowl this year?  

What a load of hooie dooie :wacko:

• Like 1

The only government department thats after him is the nut job lot with a nice new shiny straight jacket! Why do idiots like this jerk crave attention!

On 1/16/2019 at 9:59 AM, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

So who's gonna win the super bowl this year?  

What a load of hooie dooie :wacko:

Kansas City, here we come. A Fats Domino prediction.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/20/2018 at 12:22 PM, Not A Rockstar said:

Well, I watched the youtube vid, which had few ads and at least he gives specific "facts" and dates to check easily enough. In February next year comes a major, massive snowstorm to the Midwest capable of wiping out cities by definition. Two specific inventions next year. Let's see.

Captains log Stardate 65280200180400.14.2019

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

Captains log Stardate 65280200180400.14.2019

this thread still going? LOL. Well two weeks left for the Midwest to be wiped out by a snowstorm. 

• Like 1

If they were legit they could go to their current self (who would obviously be alive) and they would have the same fingerprints proving they are a time traveler. But the blurred out faces are a dead giveaway they are hiding their current identities from those who could identify them right now.

4 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

If they were legit they could go to their current self (who would obviously be alive) and they would have the same fingerprints proving they are a time traveler. But the blurred out faces are a dead giveaway they are hiding their current identities from those who could identify them right now.

OR in the future there's a new disease called "blurry face syndrome"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

we are getting heaps of snow but to wipe out a city would take a lot more than this series of back to back blizzards we are seeing.

4 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

this thread still going? LOL. Well two weeks left for the Midwest to be wiped out by a snowstorm. 

Well heavens, I expect enough people in the more northern states would probably be of the opinion that that particular prediction wasn't so far off the mark. 

A number of problems with the claims made by this young man.

1.) There is a granddaughter of Dr. Martin Luther King, jr. named Yolanda Renee King. She is currently 9 or 10 years old. In 2028, when he predicts she will be elected president, she will be 18 or 19. That's still 16 or 17 years too young to be president, which the Constitution requires to be 35 years of age.

2.) The claimant briefly flashes a map of the United States, as it is in the future. It shows the western two-thirds of Florida missing. If one looks art a relief map of Florida, one realizes that the lowest lying land of Florida is the southern third ( The Everglades) and along the Atlantic and gulf coasts. If Florida were flooded by global warming, it would appear as a shortened, narrowed stump of itself, made up of the central and northern parts of the state.

3.) The claimant claims to have a brain enhancing chip. He doesn't seem particularly articulate, though, nor his his grammar very good. 

4. He predicts a massive number of UFO sighting in January, 2019, such that belief in visiting extraterrestrial becomes general. This has already failed to happen.

Edited by bison
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Well heavens, I expect enough people in the more northern states would probably be of the opinion that that particular prediction wasn't so far off the mark. 

to me "wiped out" is a lot more than snowed in, but, maybe you are right and his prophecy is accurate? I mean for a time traveler to be so impressed by the extraordinary event of snow as to mention it as a sort of benchmark proof of his claims, I would expect a bit more. This happened last year, too, with heavy snowfalls in winter. 

Just me. 

• Like 1

On 21/12/2018 at 3:44 AM, sci-nerd said:

You can't reverse entropy. It would be easier to swallow a galaxy than to go 1 second back in time.

It's click bait for the ignorant. Remember that youtube pays for popular videos.

Well if you could travel faster than light,  then you could reach a point in space before light from earth did, and  thus view past images as they arrived (all allowing for sufficient technologies of course ) 

9 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Well if you could travel faster than light,  then you could reach a point in space before light from earth did, and  thus view past images as they arrived (all allowing for sufficient technologies of course ) 

Somewhat correct. If we did a 100 light year jump, and looked back on earth, we'd see it as it was 100 years ago. But we would not be able to see details (insufficient photons/information) nor would we be able to interact (like a time traveler would).

If we want to see how our galaxy looked millions and billions of years ago, we can just look at the night sky. Nothing you see there is "right now". Closest we get is the moon, 1.3 seconds away, and the sun, 8 min. 20 sec. away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

Somewhat correct. If we did a 100 light year jump, and looked back on earth, we'd see it as it was 100 years ago. But we would not be able to see details (insufficient photons/information) nor would we be able to interact (like a time traveler would).

If we want to see how our galaxy looked millions and billions of years ago, we can just look at the night sky. Nothing you see there is "right now". Closest we get is the moon, 1.3 seconds away, and the sun, 8 min. 20 sec. away.

As to interaction true, but with sufficient technology you might be able to see and record events. The problem then would be getting back to earth  'in time" to make use of the data.   However if the technologies were available, this would be possible.

Yes it was my awareness of the nature of light from distant objects, plus extensive science fiction reading, which prompted my comment :) 

I don't believe that time travel exists now or will do in the near future. Travel to the future is impossible (unless you came from there in the first instance)  but observing the past may be possible and as an historian I would find that fascinating.    

On 17.2.2019 at 1:34 AM, Mr Walker said:

As to interaction true, but with sufficient technology you might be able to see and record events. The problem then would be getting back to earth  'in time" to make use of the data.   However if the technologies were available, this would be possible.

As I can see it, we need three ingredients to make your wish come true:

1: A safe singularity close to earth. This will be our departure port.
2: To complete our wormhole, we need another one far away (like the 100 LY mentioned earlier). Our destination.
3: A bad @ss telescope (one that makes Hubble look like a monocular), to look back at earth.

But nothing can solve the final problem: Details.
We might be able to see detailed events from above, but we wouldn't be able to tell people apart.
We would only see the top of their heads and shoulders, and the roofs of buildings.

Edited by sci-nerd

6 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

As I can see it, we need three ingredients to make your wish come true:

1: A safe singularity close to earth. This will be our departure port.
2: To complete our wormhole, we need another one far away (like the 100 LY mentioned earlier). Our destination.
3: A bad @ss telescope (one that makes Hubble look like a monocular), to look back at earth.

But nothing can solve the final problem: Details.
We might be able to see detailed events from above, but we wouldn't be able to tell people apart.
We would only see the top of their heads and shoulders, and the roofs of buildings.

That sounds correct given current technologies, but  a race which could build wormholes and optical devices capable of recording over that distance would probably also have figured out a way of "seeing " in 3D either by bending light or through very sophisticated algorithms or some as yet unthought of technology) :)   Come to think of it how can satellites identify car number plates?  :) 

13 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

That sounds correct given current technologies, but  a race which could build wormholes and optical devices capable of recording over that distance would probably also have figured out a way of "seeing " in 3D either by bending light or through very sophisticated algorithms or some as yet unthought of technology) :)   Come to think of it how can satellites identify car number plates?  :) 

Satelites are very close to earth, and receive an abundance of photons (information). The further you move away, the less photons you get. I can't imagine any technology that can create specific information from nothing, can you?

• Like 2

These time travel stories are pure fantasy.. Do you think Scientist would just allow just anyone to travel to the past? He acts like 11 years in the future time travel is an everyday thing which is laughable too. The first rule of time travel would be the past is the past. Never travel into the past unless you are trying to prevent an atomic holocaust. Travel to the past threatens the future you came from.

7 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

Satelites are very close to earth, and receive an abundance of photons (information). The further you move away, the less photons you get. I can't imagine any technology that can create specific information from nothing, can you?

The telescope would have to be the size of a galaxy!

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

This also applies to those who think aliens are listening to and watching our broadcasts, like in the movies. Forget it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

There is never, "nothing"

yep I can imagine a technology that captures and enhances very limited information.

But i cant see it being developed for a long time 

What i meant was how can satellites, which are perpendicular to a car read its number plates ?

Maybe as they come over the horizon at an acute angle. 

Edited by Mr Walker

1 hour ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

It would not be a telescope as we know it  but a device to capture basic information. maybe at its  atomic or particle  level  

4 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

There is never, "nothing"

yep I can imagine a technology that captures and enhances very limited information.

But i cant see it being developed for a long time 

What you are suggesting is equal to making a clone of Jesus, based on hearsay.

Edited by sci-nerd