Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump orders Afghan troops withdrawal

Only_

Trump orders major military withdrawal from Afghanistan as Mattis departs

''President Trump has directed the Pentagon to come up with a plan to withdraw nearly half of the more than 14,000 troops deployed to Afghanistan, U.S. officials said Thursday, a move that many of Trump’s senior advisers and military officials have warned will plunge the country further into chaos.''

Source:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-agitating-for-major-military-withdrawal-from-afghanistan-advisers-say/2018/12/20/0c35f874-04a3-11e9-b5df-5d3874f1ac36_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.6b811859c72b

I don't like most of Trump's policies, but this one I can support.

• Like 5

The US has been in Afghanistan for.. what... 17 years ? 

If it isn't stable by now, then it is inherently unstable, and nothing we can do will change that !

• Like 5

7 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

The US has been in Afghanistan for.. what... 17 years ? 

If it isn't stable by now, then it is inherently unstable, and nothing we can do will change that !

RoofGardener,   It's as unstable now as it was the day the US invaded. And anybody that believes the US went into Afghanistan to find bin Laden, who was killed in Pakistan long ago, should take off their primrose glasses and get a grip on reality. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, let the Russians have it back. They enjoyed it so much the first time. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

RoofGardener,   It's as unstable now as it was the day the US invaded. And anybody that believes the US went into Afghanistan to find bin Laden, who was killed in Pakistan long ago, should take off their primrose glasses and get a grip on reality. 

At the point that the USA attacked, Bin Laden WAS in Afghanistan. But he scarpered pronto !

So do tell, EoT, why DID the USA go into Afghanistan ? 

53 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

At the point that the USA attacked, Bin Laden WAS in Afghanistan. But he scarpered pronto !

So do tell, EoT, why DID the USA go into Afghanistan ? 

For the poppy fields.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

For the poppy fields.

Oh please. 

• Thanks 1

The US went to Afghanistan for the same reason everyone else went there, control of the region.

they lost for the same reason everyone loses - the only thing the local tribes hate more than each other is foreigners. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The roads in my community are in such a bad state of repair that major highways have holes everywhere.

The rapid decline of “all roads” suggests to me, the end of Rome II. 

The real enemy, right now, are not afar, but those sitting in positions of power here at home.

Let it be revealed, who the real enemy is now, Mother. Nunc, the worst weather in a thousand annum, to upend what’s left of “no roads.”  

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 1

On 12/21/2018 at 10:23 AM, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

lol...

Obama was killed in Afghanistan by a Daisy Cutter, aka, MOAB, aka Mother of All Bombs  years before Obama lied to us about killing him in Pakistan.  

1 hour ago, joc said:

lol...

Obama was killed in Afghanistan by a Daisy Cutter, aka, MOAB, aka Mother of All Bombs  years before Obama lied to us about killing him in Pakistan.  

Obama lied about his own death?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Obama lied about his own death?

Lol... Obama, Osama... They were both bad for the country!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, joc said:

So all those Al Qaeda videos where Osama talked about current events while saying he was still alive were fake? 

6 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

So all those Al Qaeda videos where Osama talked about current events while saying he was still alive were fake? 

Comeon bro, a large percentage of Trump supporters believe JFK Jr. is alive and helping Mueller and Trump take down pedophiles, of COURSE he believes the Osama videos were all fake. :lol:

15 hours ago, Gromdor said:

OMG....you really don't have any clue about what the CIA is capable of and actually do on a daily basis do you?

The videos were CIA plants...with message instructions embedded in them.  Or not.

With the CIA...you just don't know really..ever...for sure.  They are slicker than oil on an icy sidewalk.  Its what they do.

But that's just my belief...partly because I WANT to believe that Osama was killed in Tora Bora by a MOAB...and partly because...I don't think the guy could have escaped it.  Then, I believe, when it was politically expedient for Osama to actually ...die...the CIA killed him off. 

And I believe that because....they never even showed a picture of dead Osama....buried him at sea....very 'no proof' kind of CIA stuff.

But...the story becomes history and that's that...I just don't believe the story...but...it really doesn't matter because it cannot be proven one way or the other.

4 hours ago, joc said:

OMG....you really don't have any clue about what the CIA is capable of and actually do on a daily basis do you?

The videos were CIA plants...with message instructions embedded in them.  Or not.

With the CIA...you just don't know really..ever...for sure.  They are slicker than oil on an icy sidewalk.  Its what they do.

But that's just my belief...partly because I WANT to believe that Osama was killed in Tora Bora by a MOAB...and partly because...I don't think the guy could have escaped it.  Then, I believe, when it was politically expedient for Osama to actually ...die...the CIA killed him off. 

And I believe that because....they never even showed a picture of dead Osama....buried him at sea....very 'no proof' kind of CIA stuff.

But...the story becomes history and that's that...I just don't believe the story...but...it really doesn't matter because it cannot be proven one way or the other.

If they can make a fake video of a live Osama Bin Ladin, why can't they fake a picture of a dead one? 

• Thanks 1

On 12/21/2018 at 7:39 PM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

The US went to Afghanistan for the same reason everyone else went there, control of the region.

they lost for the same reason everyone loses - the only thing the local tribes hate more than each other is foreigners. 

sure, i guess, us army guarding poppy fields, and  10 fold increase in poppy cultivation, since 2001 invasion, is just a coincidence i suppose.

and the funniest thing, we have no control over region, just poppy fields

• Like 1

On 12/26/2018 at 7:13 AM, joc said:

lol...

Oh god....

On 12/26/2018 at 2:55 PM, joc said:

Well at least Obama is going to get us better, cheaper Trump health care.

• Confused 1