Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

U.S is pulling out of middle east, thoughts?

spartan max2

The U.S.A pulling out of the middle east, good or bad?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the U.S reducing involvement in the middel east?

• I think it is a good thing
    • I think it is a bad thing
    • I am neutral or unsure if it is good or bad
    • I think it is mostly good, but alittle bad
    • I think it is mostly bad, but alittle good
    • I do not care

The U.S.A seems to be reducing it's involvement in the middle east.

We ended our involvement in the Yemen Civil war;

https://www.npr.org/2018/12/12/676152310/senate-poised-to-vote-to-end-u-s-military-support-for-war-in-yemen

We are reducing the majority of our troops in Afghanistan: 

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/20/politics/afghanistan-withdrawal/index.html

We are planning to leave Syria:

https://www.thenational.ae/world/the-americas/trump-decided-to-leave-syria-after-call-with-erdogan-says-us-defence-official-1.804906

I am neutral and unsure about if this is good or bad.

On one hand I agree with supporting democracy around the world and supporting rebellions against repressive regimes. I also do not think a middle east controlled by Russia, Iran, or China will be beneficial to the West. ISIS has been beaten down, but when we leave will it just grow back?

On the other hand we have been involved with the Middle East for decades! which begs the question of, how many more years are we willing to spend there? It is also hard to tell if our time their has done too much of help. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I am beginning to think that all our politics in there has actually been Saudi politics enforcement and this is further fallout from the Kashoggi murder. I am sitting back wondering how serious this is, or if it is an effort to apply pressure somewhere for something.

Last on my list is the potential that we have started to realize we do not have the right to just go and make wars everywhere. THAT would be awesome, but, isn't likely.

I think this is a good thing, but with a bit of bad as those who trusted us will be hurt badly by this unless we make some provisions for them to emigrate. But, really, whatever you do, someone loses and someone gains.

...and as a veteran, I resent wars and troops dying for a cause Govt was not really serious about enough to see through.

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

The U.S.A seems to be reducing it's involvement in the middle east.

We ended our involvement in the Yemen Civil war;

https://www.npr.org/2018/12/12/676152310/senate-poised-to-vote-to-end-u-s-military-support-for-war-in-yemen

We are reducing the majority of our troops in Afghanistan: 

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/20/politics/afghanistan-withdrawal/index.html

We are planning to leave Syria:

https://www.thenational.ae/world/the-americas/trump-decided-to-leave-syria-after-call-with-erdogan-says-us-defence-official-1.804906

I am neutral and unsure about if this is good or bad.

On one hand I agree with supporting democracy around the world and supporting rebellions against repressive regimes. I also do not think a middle east controlled by Russia, Iran, or China will be beneficial to the West. ISIS has been beaten down, but when we leave will it just grow back?

On the other hand we have been involved with the Middle East for decades! which begs the question of, how many more years are we willing to spend there? It is also hard to tell if our time their has done too much of help. 

well, I dunno about "good" or "bad". But surely it is inevitable ? 

Ask yourself this; on what moral basis should the USA be involved in conflicts 6000 miles away ? 

On what moral right should it have troops stationed in Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq etc ? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

well, I dunno about "good" or "bad". But surely it is inevitable ? 

Ask yourself this; on what moral basis should the USA be involved in conflicts 6000 miles away ? 

On what moral right should it have troops stationed in Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq etc ? 

You have the aduacity to join my thread without answering the poll question (sarcasm) lol

Edited by spartan max2
  • Haha 1

Less boots on the ground involvement?     ..what about weaponry and other equipment and supplies ?  $$$$$$$$$$

sometimes I honestly wonder if  That  is the real main reason for our "involvement" in all that crap.   ! ?

Russia an d Iran will have won a hot dusty strip of a poor, shattered country, let them have it.

Now will another ISIS emerge someday? Probably. But during the British empire they was an expression: "Butcher and bolt." In other words, if you suffer an injury, move in to destroy those who harmed you, then leave quickly. Do not remain to occupy, become entangled in local politics and regional conflicts. This is the military policy we should adopt: a punitive expedition with limited goals, that leaves once those goals are achieved, not open-ended missions to remake foreign societies. I am against military intervention in the Middle East absent a severe provocation. It is not our job to fix all of their problems. Also, not all societies want democracy, or can do it well, and we shouldn't force it on anyone.

• Like 4

I don' think we should pull out, but that said.If we do we should not go running back when they get their asses in a sling agian! This is another one of Trumps temper tantrums that may come back to bite him in the ass! I am veteran first and our troops come first no matter whose ass is in a sling over there! We PULL OUT we stay OUT!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The only peace that patchwork quilt of a country has ever known is the peace of the gun. Let's leave Russia holding the bag--they got lots of guns.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

You have the aduacity to join my thread without answering the poll question (sarcasm) lol

EGADS... my apologies Spartan Max2 - I have duly voted. :) 

• Haha 2

Well, Kurds will be slaughtered.

Good luck having allies in ME after that.

PS mistakingly chose wrongly, of course it is "I think it is a bad thing" not "I think it is a good thing". Can I retract my vote?

Edited by bmk1245
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

Well, Kurds will be slaughtered.

Good luck having allies in ME after that.

PS mistakingly chose wrongly, of course it is "I think it is a bad thing" not "I think it is a good thing". Can I retract my vote?

The Kurds where never our allies, at least not in the stragegic sense. We just fought common enemies together. 

The enemy of my enemy is...... my enemies enemy, and nothing more. 

1 minute ago, RoofGardener said:

The Kurds where never our allies, at least not in the stragegic sense. We just fought common enemies together. 

The enemy of my enemy is...... my enemies enemy, and nothing more. 

OK, be it your way... Though, I think Kurds are US allies, best allies in ME after Israelis.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Infowars has done a piece about what is behind Trump pulling the US out of Syria....
(as well as it being an election promise)

that basically.....US Military, loyal to the Globalist Agenda were continuing, covertly to supply Kurdish and ISIS groups 
with heavy weaponry and ammunition to keep the region in chaos and destabilized.....

Trump is the Commander in Chief and he can't let them do that...... and can't allow himself to be dictated to
by Military Advisers who covertly were working to keep the destabilizing and violence going... under the 
guise of 'supporting our allies in the region'.....

Because he's not that sort of President.... he is a proper leader not a Globalist Yes Man...

So behind the scenes he is trying to sort it all out..... while the Globalist Media scream and protest and
continue to try and turn everyone against him for making this bold decision...

https://www.infowars.com/learn-the-real-reason-trump-pulled-troops-out-of-syria-and-afghanistan/

The deep state continues to promote unending wars for America’s military despite president Trump’s agenda to bring home the troops.

Alex reveals how the agenda of the globalists lines up with the Military Industrial Complex.

Edited by bee

1 minute ago, bee said:

Infowars has done a piece about what is behind Trump pulling the US out of Syria....
(as well as it being an election promise)

that basically.....US Military, loyal to the Globalist Agenda were continuing, covertly to supply Kurdish and ISIS groups 
with heavy weaponry and ammunition to keep the region in chaos and destabilized.....

Trump is the Commander in Chief and he can't let them do that...... and can't allow himself to be dictated to
by Military Advisers who covertly were working to keep the destabilizing and violence going... under the 
guise of 'supporting our allies in the region'.....

Because he's not that sort of President.... he is a proper leader not a Globalist Yes Man...

So behind the scenes he is trying to sort it all out..... while the Globalist Media scream and protest and
continue to try and turn everyone against him for making this bold decision...

https://www.infowars.com/learn-the-real-reason-trump-pulled-troops-out-of-syria-and-afghanistan/

The deep state continues to promote unending wars for America’s military despite president Trump’s agenda to bring home the troops.

Alex reveals how the agenda of the globalists lines up with the Military Industrial Complex.

What a surprise, Putin's flute playing again...

1 minute ago, bmk1245 said:

What a surprise, Putin's flute playing again...

I know you have Putin Derangement Syndrome... but I didn't realize you were now a fully fledged 
New World Order supporter.... :o

and......oh hello you :D

39 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

I expect your heart was speaking - why don't you let it stand

I'm really proud of Trump for working hard behind the scenes to try and help bring peace to the region...

While his detractors b**** and moan and take pot shots at him 24/7....

Edited by bee
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, bee said:

I know you have Putin Derangement Syndrome... but I didn't realize you were now a fully fledged 
New World Order supporter.... :o

and......oh hello you :D

You forgot reptilians.

5 minutes ago, bee said:

I expect your heart was speaking - why don't you let it stand

Nope, just shaky fingers and turbulent 'yesterday' ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

The only peace that patchwork quilt of a country has ever known is the peace of the gun. Let's leave Russia holding the bag--they got lots of guns.

Amen brother...Let the Russians handle that headache...Since their the ones backing Assad's regime over there.

7 minutes ago, Alien Origins said:

Amen brother...Let the Russians handle that headache...Since their the ones backing Assad's regime over there.

Rrright... Let antisemites (Russ kies) take over ME.

Edited by bmk1245
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, bee said:

I'm really proud of Trump for working hard behind the scenes to try and help bring peace back to the region...

Seriously? Those people in the Middle East woud not know what peace was if it jumped up and bit them in ass!

If he did not want pot shots taken at him he should not have ran for President. In my view he's nothing but a pouty little child who throws tantrums when things do not go his way..ex: The Wall...I quite frankly would not want to be in the military right now and have to serve under him...Secondly he is not facing any other pot shots every other US President has not faced. If he would stay off Twitter and run the country he  might be better off. He's a bigger security risks himself than the Russians ever had time to be.

• Like 4

Just now, bmk1245 said:

Rrright... Let antisemites (********s) take over ME.

Not the job of the US to be a policeman to the world.....!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Alien Origins said:

Not the job of the US to be a policeman to the world.....!

You want Russ kies rule the world?!

What were 'we' (US, UK et al) even doing being in Syria (illegally) in the first place...?

If 'we' had left well alone Assad would have sorted the internal rebellion out quickly and
all those millions of people wouldn't have been displaced, killed or had their lives ruined...
and Europe wouldn't have had millions of refugees and migrants flooding in....

But the Globalists using the US Military as a proxy army wanted to destabilize the region for
it's own ends...and Europe... (and create a Suni lead Islamic State)....

20 minutes ago, bee said:

I'm really proud of Trump for working hard behind the scenes to try and help bring  peace to the region...

8 minutes ago, Alien Origins said:

Seriously? Those people in the Middle East woud not know what peace was if it jumped up and bit them in ass!

ok...... just for you I've removed the word 'back' from that sentence :)