Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

U.S is pulling out of middle east, thoughts?

spartan max2

The U.S.A pulling out of the middle east, good or bad?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the U.S reducing involvement in the middel east?

• I think it is a good thing
    • I think it is a bad thing
    • I am neutral or unsure if it is good or bad
    • I think it is mostly good, but alittle bad
    • I think it is mostly bad, but alittle good
    • I do not care

3 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

This is a long held conspiracy theory, which I haven’t seen sufficient evidence to verify in my mind. Perhaps it was Sadam’s simple miss calculation.

The West’s endeavors in the Middle East are a sort of Crusade, with forced political indoctrination or death as the only two choices. 

The Islamic people of this region will be evangelized, to the extent this is possible, but this will take place with a show of power far greater than any human military could muster. 

And how do you view the Soviet Union's involvement in the region ? They where, after all, the first to invade Afghanistan ? (well.. not the  FIRST.. but you know what I mean). 

You can view US involvement as a counterbalance to Soviet indoctrination and expansion into the Middle East ? 

1 hour ago, and then said:

On this, we agree.  When the Christ returns He will crush those who have been targeting His Chosen.  The survivors will finally recognize the impotence of their Deity and will see Him for the true God that He is.  Sadly, He will not return until things are so bad that the species is about to self-exterminate.  I guess it will only be at that point when the survivors will recognize that mankind is incapable of living in harmony without a powerful ruler who is TRULY righteous and who treats ALL humans with equal dignity and discipline.

The government of the bad angels is softened up, even before this arrival. 

Even now it groans in hopeless despair, leaderless and lost.

Edited by Raptor Witness

4 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

This is a long held conspiracy theory, which I haven’t seen sufficient evidence to verify in my mind. Perhaps it was Sadam’s simple miss calculation.

The West’s endeavors in the Middle East are a sort of Crusade, with forced political indoctrination or death as the only two choices. 

The Islamic people of this region will be evangelized, to the extent this is possible, but this will take place with a show of power far greater than any human military could muster. 

1 hour ago, and then said:

On this, we agree.  When the Christ returns He will crush those who have been targeting His Chosen.  The survivors will finally recognize the impotence of their Deity and will see Him for the true God that He is.  Sadly, He will not return until things are so bad that the species is about to self-exterminate.  I guess it will only be at that point when the survivors will recognize that mankind is incapable of living in harmony without a powerful ruler who is TRULY righteous and who treats ALL humans with equal dignity and discipline.

46 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

The government of the bad angels is softened up, even before this arrival. 

Even now it groans in hopeless despair, leaderless and lost.

Jeez you two are cheerful today :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 1/3/2019 at 3:39 AM, RoofGardener said:

Jeez you two are cheerful today :D 

How fortunate we are to live in relative peace and safety.

Christian minorities had far better protection under the old tyrants in Iraq and Syria 

Ther’s no room for joy over what transpires in the Middle East.

Edited by Raptor Witness

On 12/31/2018 at 2:36 AM, spud the mackem said:

No chance of the Russians ruling the world while China is sitting watching and Waiting, at least they are semi-friendly as they have too much to lose financially to be otherwise.

Well, in time, China will eat ********s with bones and flesh. Fingers crossed.

On 1/2/2019 at 10:49 PM, and then said:

This is a singularly-faith shaking and disturbing thought.  That Man created in God's image is incapable of rising above barbarity and living in harmony.  I cannot accept that.  If we need a powerful ruler to restrain us  instead of a teacher to show us the way, we are truly a flawed creation.  There is still a part of my mostly liberal, humanistic self that cries at this suggestion. 

7 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

This is a singularly-faith shaking and disturbing thought.  That Man created in God's image is incapable of rising above barbarity and living in harmony.  I cannot accept that.  If we need a powerful ruler to restrain us  instead of a teacher to show us the way, we are truly a flawed creation.  There is still a part of my mostly liberal, humanistic self that cries at this suggestion. 

Sadly, ISIS has pretty much the exact same ideology- even the Jesus resurrecting to kill the unbelievers part: https://religionnews.com/2016/10/21/what-has-jesus-got-to-do-with-isis-a-lot/

• Thanks 1

On 1/6/2019 at 12:37 PM, Tatetopa said:

I've never seen any evidence over any longer period that disputes this idea.  Have you?  I certainly don't get any joy out of the idea of where we are predicted to be headed.  The only thing worse would be the viciousness or stupidity of a small group of us having the ability to literally destroy the species.

3 hours ago, and then said:

I've never seen any evidence over any longer period that disputes this idea.  Have you? 

Nope.  No evidence.  I just had some faith that we could treat each other better in larger groups as we learned.

On 03/01/2019 at 1:49 AM, and then said:

That's a complete misunderstanding of the Jesus movement, or delusional at worst.

There is no flesh and blood Christ coming back.

The kingdom is within you.

Edited by NewAge1

On 1/8/2019 at 12:17 AM, NewAge1 said:

That's a complete misunderstanding of the Jesus movement, or delusional at worst.

There is no flesh and blood Christ coming back.

The kingdom is within you.

If that is your belief about Him then I respect it but disagree.  The SPIRIT is within those who call themselves by His name and attempt to follow His path.  There are just too many scriptural references to His return to be ignored or allegorized.  You'll have to forgive Christians who believe it when they say "He is risen".  I'm one of the millions that await His return.  I actually believe the good news He brought.  As to flesh and blood, no, I don't think he will return as a human this time.  He doesn't need to.  He finished that work at the cross.

ETA:  The statement I made about His return and His dealings with the enemies of His people isn't some original thesis of mine.  The ancient Hebrew prophets recorded it.  Those who reject those predictions are, IMO, going to have to become ever more creative in their denials in the coming years.  

Edited by and then

2 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Wait... hold on.. are we still talking about Trump :unsure2: ? 

Yes!   Trump is Him!!     LOL

17 hours ago, and then said:

If that is your belief about Him then I respect it but disagree.  The SPIRIT is within those who call themselves by His name and attempt to follow His path.  There are just too many scriptural references to His return to be ignored or allegorized.  You'll have to forgive Christians who believe it when they say "He is risen".  I'm one of the millions that await His return.  I actually believe the good news He brought.  As to flesh and blood, no, I don't think he will return as a human this time.  He doesn't need to.  He finished that work at the cross.

The savior is not a celestial being brought to earth; the savior is a capacity of the mind, and the savior's journey from above is actually one's own insight journeying from within. This is what fundamentalist christians - who take the Bible literally - have failed to understand.

Edited by NewAge1

7 hours ago, NewAge1 said:

The savior is not a celestial being brought to earth; the savior is a capacity of the mind, and the savior's journey from above is actually one's own insight journeying from within. This is what fundamentalist christians - who take the Bible literally - have failed to understand.

I'm curious about where you came to your knowledge of Christ.  I assume He is the savior you are discussing?  Is your screen name a reference to a belief system?  No insult intended.  My understanding of the Bible is that it is a compilation of 66 books, written by 40 authors (give or take) and that when studied in detail, there is a theme that runs throughout every book.  The entire Bible is an introduction to the first and second coming of Jesus Christ.  Some of the books are apocalyptic in nature, some are poetry and some are mainly prophetic.  They all have value but those that deal with future events are the verification of God's sovereignty.  He basically gives His grace for our faith during this last age but the nearer we get to His return, the less faith is required.  Faith being "a belief in things unseen, evidence of things hoped for"  Those who study these predictions, even tangentially, can no longer deny that they are happening today.  The Bible explains what will happen leading up to His return to rule.  There really is no way to allegorize the text.  The next event on deck will be a middle eastern war between Israel and some of her enemies.  That trauma will lead to a peace deal between Israel and "many".  It was predicted 2600 years ago.  I wonder, when these things actually appear in your newsfeeds, will you consider it all a part of your own "insight journeying from within"?

So.. hold on.. lets see if I've got this right ? 

Christ is pulling out of the Middle East ? 

Is he doing this unilaterally, or is the entire Trinity going ? :unsure2:

Edited by RoofGardener

@RoofGardener   As you may have guessed, I am a secularist that happens to believe in God.

I believe that humans must establish just rules to live by because god is not going to come down and run our everyday lives. We are god's creation and therefor, what we unilaterally think as "just", can be construed as "god's will", in a way.

Human rights should never ever be brushed aside by some people claiming that it is "god's will", because god gave *everyone* the right to survive, including the suppressed.. 

With that said, my opinion is, let's keep "God" out of it. It's up to US.  Let's ensure "human rights" everywhere that we can or at the very least, let us not support people who suppress human rights under *any* guise.

In summary, the Middle East crisis is not a "God" issue, it is a human issue.   We created it, let's fix it.

[steps down from the pulpit]  ;)

• Thanks 1

So.. hold on.. lets see if I've got this right ? 

Christ is pulling out of the Middle East ? 

Is he doing this unilaterally, or is the entire Trinity going ? :unsure2:

If that question was for me, I have no idea what you mean.

14 minutes ago, and then said:

If that question was for me, I have no idea what you mean.

I think I'm being gently mocking of how the thread has turned into a religious debate ? :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

I think I'm being gently mocking of how the thread has turned into a religious debate ? :) 

It IS the middle east, after all... :w00t:

11 minutes ago, and then said:

It IS the middle east, after all... :w00t:

Hmmm.... true of course....

19 hours ago, Alien Origins said:

The Commander In Joke....

Thanks for that incisive, well thought-out and researched comment, Alien Origins ! :S 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for that incisive, well thought-out and researched comment, Alien Origins ! :S 

Your very welcome....Took hours to write that.

Edited by Alien Origins