Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Covert missions in Iran

gollum

Thats right Zephyr.

And Homer, you are one of the few voices of reason in this forum. Are you right wing or center, because i found very few right wings how razone outside their little box.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Babs

• gollum

• morpheas

• warden

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello original.gif  Iran is to begin  new and very sensitive round of talks with the three European countries (Britain, France and Germany). Straw is carrying a 200 page file to Washington about Iran, and this is getting to be a hot issue that seperates Britain and the US ( these two countries have always rivaled each other in matters concerning Iran and are far from being the sweet allies that they usually are). The Americans are trying to influence the Europeans to stand tough in the upcoming talks ( or else...) and at the same time sending some threatening signals to Tehran to make sure they accomodate the Europeans ( or else...). The timing of such reports confirms the psychology behind it.

In any case an attack on Iran would be the equivalent of a mass suicide, and any resulting war would certainly not be limited to Iran's borders w00t.gif  People in Washington know this very well, they also know the social and political mood in Iran. This kind of report can only be seen as rhetoric and is nothing new ( in fact we've got our ears full of them).

Nobody here believes that such an attack or invasion would take place, and

I'm certainly not losing any sleep over it. no.gif They make good subject for conversation such as the interesting ones here on this board, and probabely at my cousin's wedding that I'm going to be attending tonight. grin2.gif

" It's not wise to mess around the bees' hives", an old Persian saying. grin2.gif

464458[/snapback]

An observation: You know Hussein didn't think we'd do it, either. cool.gif

Time is what is needed. And work, a whole lot of work, first, before anyone makes a move. I have said in the past that maybe the people will over-throw the government of Iran. In your estimation.... any chance of that?

I do think we will deal effectively with Iran and Syria when the time comes.

BTW... Iran talks big.

465047[/snapback]

But then Hussein was not the most intelligent guy around, was he? hmm.gif

Very good point Babs, time and work are what are needed, but not to prepare a war. no.gif

As long as there are daily external military threats against Iran, expecting the people to over-throw anything is only a dream. Last time we had a revolution, the whole world supported Saddam in attacking and occupying parts of Iran which was still in internal termoil. One million dead was the result of that adventure w00t.gif

If I were you I would make sure that the American government does not repeat the horrendous past mistakes it has made about Iran, and maybe then things will be a lot better for everybody. yes.gif

To 'deal' effectively with anything you need to know it very well, I wonder if that's really the case concerning Iran. mellow.gif

if Iran and the US went to War, Iran could hold its own.

~Thanato

465384[/snapback]

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif ...that's a good one.

465629[/snapback]

That right there shows your ignorance on these matters. So... tell me... without the US instituting a draft, how would it invade Iran successfuly?

465786[/snapback]

This shows your ignorance. I have said for a long long time on this board that the draft will be coming up. tongue.gif

Zephyr:

but would Iranians be open to the overthrow of the current theocracy in place?

464508[/snapback]

I don't know, but one thing is sure, the right solutions to Iran's problems are neither military nor dictatable from outside. no.gif

465907[/snapback]

What would you propose?

Lets the population of the country elect the kind of goverment they want, and dont mess whit their internal affairs because you think you have a higher moral ground.

And Homer, you are one of the few voices of reason in this forum. Are you right wing or center, because i found very few right wings how razone outside their little box.

465914[/snapback]

Thank you for your compliments Mekorig original.gif

I'm definately not right wing, but tilt ever so slightly to the right side of center. I have openly voiced my criticism of Bush on certain things, and have also voiced my support for Bush on certain things.

Lets the population of the country elect the kind of goverment they want, and dont mess whit their internal affairs because you think you have a higher moral ground.

466012[/snapback]

We don't have the higher moral ground. We think Iran is DANGEROUS.

Zephyr:

464508[/snapback]

I don't know, but one thing is sure, the right solutions to Iran's problems are neither military nor dictatable from outside. no.gif

465907[/snapback]

What would you propose?

466007[/snapback]

To whom, dear? blush.gif

466012[/snapback]

I could be completely wrong on this, and hope zephyr corrects me if I am.

But my understanding is that under the current system, it doesn't matter much who is elected. Supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei is appointed for life, and he also elects half of the Guardian Council. This and the other hardliners in parliament block many of President Mohammad Khatami's initiatives, making the public loose faith in the system(including the president).

Zephyr:

464508[/snapback]

465907[/snapback]

What would you propose?

466007[/snapback]

To whom, dear? blush.gif

466031[/snapback]

To the world. ohmy.gif

The last time I checked you were part of the 'axis of evil'. You know... terror...terrorism?...aren't there terrorists in your state? cool.gif

Edited by Babs

466012[/snapback]

I could be completely wrong on this, and hope zephyr corrects me if I am.

But my understanding is that under the current system, it doesn't matter much who is elected. Supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei is appointed for life, and he also elects half of the Guardian Council. This and the other hardliners in parliament block many of President Mohammad Khatami's initiatives, making the public loose faith in the system(including the president).

466046[/snapback]

Interesting. Could you answer that, please? I've read a little about this and heard some on the news.

We think Iran is DANGEROUS.

like you thought Saddam had WMD which could have been used within 45 minutes??? grin2.gif

one question to Babs, are any of your family members currently or previously served in the Iraq war? im just curious! happy.gif

466060[/snapback]

Yes. I have talked about my family member and people in my communtiy that are serving. I'm from 'Matt Maupin' country....a hostage in Irag (we think is dead now)

For your information, morph, I am for the war in Iraq. Had to be done. ph34r.gif

Edited by Babs

Zephyr:

464508[/snapback]

465907[/snapback]

What would you propose?

466007[/snapback]

To whom, dear? blush.gif

466031[/snapback]

To the world. ohmy.gif

The last time I checked you were part of the 'axix of evil'. You know... terror...terrorism?...aren't there terrorists in your state? cool.gif

466057[/snapback]

Yes there are terrorists in his country but there are also terrorists in your country.

Does that mean your going to add yourselves to the ever-growing list of "Evil" countries?

Zephyr:

464508[/snapback]

465907[/snapback]

What would you propose?

466007[/snapback]

To whom, dear? blush.gif

466031[/snapback]

To the world. ohmy.gif

The last time I checked you were part of the 'axix of evil'. You know... terror...terrorism?...aren't there terrorists in your state? cool.gif

466057[/snapback]

Yes there are terrorists in his country but there are also terrorists in your country.

Does that mean your going to add yourselves to the ever-growing list of "Evil" countries?

466071[/snapback]

Rest assured, we'll get um!...I don't see any attacks right now, do you gollum?

Plot, plot , plotters plotting all the time. Sleep, sleep, sleepers just itching to be woken up. yes.gif

Morph...Your facts are no better than mine. thumbsup.gif

..Remember that. laugh.gif

Plot, plot , plotters plotting all the time. Sleep, sleep, sleepers just itching to be woken up. yes.gif

466091[/snapback]

sleepy.gifgrin2.gif ...yeah, right. I think we are taking that into consideration, gollum, but if you'd like to pass that along, to the White House.......be my guest. wink2.gif

This shows your ignorance. I have said for a long long time on this board that the draft will be coming up.

Good, so you're calling Bush a liar and a panderer.

Now, explain to me how Bush is going to do it without the US becoming more bankrupt than it already is, and tell me why you think a couple million US soldiers are going to be sacrificed in a war with Iran and not get pulled out.

Yes, but Iran is supporting Hezbullah or however you spell it, isnt it?

Morph...Your facts are no better than mine.

you dont work with facts in my opinion, your a bitter twisted individual who enjoys inciting war and racism from my observation. yes.gifyes.gifyes.gif

466098[/snapback]

Well now, that's your opinion. I felt that I had to tell you about my background because you are new here.... and you act like you just fell off the turnip truck. laugh.gif

Is it too late for me to respectfully request people refrain from personal attacks and stick to the topic? dontgetit.gif

466109[/snapback]

Yes.