Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
gollum

Covert missions in Iran

356 posts in this topic

Babs

Well, I finally read all the articles pasted on this site. I think I am worn out. sad.gif

Okay, Homer, I don't see myself as a warmonger....'HAWK' is a better description. (I thought I was being expressive, but if you guys think I am emotional, okay).

I think, back in 1971, when I traveled to Denmark from New York City, my mind- set changed dramatically. My ship started to pull into Copenhagen, Langelinie dock, and there was a bomb threat! ph34r.gif We were shocked, and scared to death. First time out of the country and this happens to us! This was a Norweigian ship with Norweigians, Danes and Americans on board. Our ship was directed to the' free harbour' where we were finally able to dock and leave. When we got on the ground they told us "it was arabs." This was over 30 years ago!.....Then 911 comes along. ph34r.gif This is why I feel the way I do.

*If you think they are going to stop, you're wrong. *

Thinking things out? geek.gif ....I just don't have any idea how this is going to play out. I'll know when you know, I guess, from watching tv and analyzing events. blink.gif

I'll say it again, I hope this thing works out peacefully. Some people seem to put me in the war-mode even when I say I hope the problems will be resolved peaceably. I 'will' say, however, that Iran seems to protest 'too much'. You know their tough talk?... I think we know how 'tough' they are.......and they know how tough we are.

dmgspycat

Dmgspycat: You seem to be the only one in this discussion with any perspective on history. Here we have a forum of those professing the might of the US against the bad guys of the middle-east. Sounds like these guys are young and psycho-conditioned to believe that we are always the good guys. How about the Shah we put in power in the 50's? He was brutal! We've been playing politics with those peoples lives for almost 100 years now over oil. WW3 Started right after WW2 at the backdoor of every nation whom we found a resource to steal for our industries.

US nukes the country. Nothing left to fight for.

you really dont have an ounce of compassion in your body do you?? nuking a country like that would kills millions and millions of people, but its just statistics as far as your concerned. angry.gif

463947[/snapback]

morpheas

-Post removed-

Edited by morpheas

zephyr
zep...you wrote:
"In fact, whether we are okay with the present Iranian government or not is irrelevant"...

I think it is relevant and would like to know what the people think.

And you wrote:

"The West needs to earn the trust of the Iranian people since a lot depends on this trust, not only for the Iranians, but also for the whole world."

This is good, but what if the Iranian people are controlled by a bad regime?

482381[/snapback]

I meant it was irrelevant to the fact that Western governments policies towards Iran are not coherent and fair. This makes one wonder if the regime, terrorism and nukes aren't just cosmetics for some other hidden, malicious intentions! w00t.gif I can't really speak for the people of Iran, but can tell you that security, peace, good finances and freedom are priorities for many of my friends and relatives who at the same time exclude the use of violent methods to fulfill those priorities yes.gif

Well, I suppose that would be a problem for the Iranian people to solve, wouldn't it, Babs? In any case the word 'control' is quite ambiguous and an oversimplification for describing a situation which is very complex! yes.gif

Babs

That's good, zep, about you and your crowd, but that hardly constitutes an entire nation. I am wondering where the people stand. What does your newspaper say?

zephyr

I said it myself that I don't represent all of Iran Babs, you're giving me back what I said myself grin2.gif

The people usually stand the middle grounds yes.gif See how the people in Iran play a moderating role between the governments of Iran and the US! We're the sweethearts of both governments wub.gif The only existing link between them blush.gif If we hadn't been there, who knows, maybe hell would have broken loose by now, Babs w00t.gif So, everything is okay as long as you got the people in the middle and you've got to try to keep them, because it gets real bad when they get pushed around to one side or the other:devil: Newspapers are many, conservative ones to reformists. Some say good things, some say bad ones! I guess it depends on the kind of glasses you're wearing geek.gif

On another note about democratic movements in Iran, it is important to know that the government of Mossadegh (overthrown by an American/British coup d'etat in 1951), was not the first democratic government of Iran. The constitutional revolution of Iran at the time of the Ghajar dynasty ( turn of the 20th century) that established a constitution with a parliament and that the king would no longer control the government, was crushed by the Russians, who in support of Mohammad Ali Shah ( the Ghajar monarch), bombed the newly formed Iranian parliament and killed many of its members and the constitutionalists in down town Tehran and overthrew the elected government, and thereby crushed another one of Iranian people's struggle for democracy over a century ago! sad.gif