Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Places to Travel to?

Jenn8779

I've been thinking about all the places I would love to travel to because I really haven't been to that many. I live in NJ (yes please pray for me... LOL) and have been from North East Canada to Florida and out as far as New Mexico. I have also been to Bermuda, the Bahamas and Jamaica... the seafood in the Caribbean... LoL My "bucket list" has Ireland, Scotland and Wales on it. Also Peru as I have a friend who was raised in the mountains there and what she described is so interesting. But there are so many people on the forum who live in other countries and also those who have traveled extensively. I would really love to hear about places you have lived or traveled to and recommend. Of course food being a huge thing for me, and loving Italian food, Italy is also on the list and I don't really care which end I start at because I will happily eat my way across the country. :lol:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Cool topic!  I worked with a hospital information systems company in the '90s and got to travel to half of the 50 states, though briefly.  It was a chance for a deep south native to experience the northern climes.  Later, my wife and I traveled to China (Beijing and Guangzhou) to adopt our daughter.  I also had the chance to visit Rome for a long weekend and Yaroslavl, Russia for a week.  My bucket list is Scotland, Ireland, and Wales as well as New Zealand and OZ.  The last two on the list need to be relatively soon or I won't be up to the travel time involved in flying there :w00t:   The trans-Pacific flight from LAX to Guangzhou was 15 hours worth of boring and tedious.  Fortunately, we had the jet stream at our tail on the way back and it trimmed 2 hours from the ride.  The food in Rome was very good, Russia, not so much.  China, uh, NOPE ;)    Growing up, I never traveled beyond the bordering states of Alabama so my travels were far more extensive than I ever imagined.  Best luck on your wish list!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, seanjo said:

What's wrong with England?

it's full of intelligent individuals who've over the years invented most of the stuff the world takes for granted today= i feel other countries <deep down> are frightened of us:)

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, seanjo said:

What's wrong with England?

England is on my bucket list along with Ireland, Scotland and Wales. I would also like to one day go to Egypt. Definitely tourist. I've been to the Canadian Maritimes and most of the US except the northwest, so Idaho, Montana, Washington and Oregon are still on the list. 

I am currently chasing a job working in Antarctica, cooking for and maintaining the grounds of a remote Aerodrome. It is something I have wanted to do for a VERY long time. Will be a wonderful experience if I make it. Have made the shortlist which is nice. A LOT of people apply for the jobs so will see how it goes.

I have  spent most of my adult life in Central and Northern Australia which are both renown for the extreme heat. Will be interesting to see the other side of the spectrum.

• Like 3

Honduras. Stay way from the sketchy parts and you'll do fine. But it's a very beautiful country. Probably the last time I was truly happy I was sitting on a beach there with a cold rum drink.

• Like 1

Never tell a journey what to offer you, always let the journey take you where you need to be ...

~

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

The most beautiful beaches I have ever seen, in my opinion, were in Cozumel, Mexico.  

The sand was so white.  And the ocean was so beautiful with it's green color.

• 4 weeks later...

I love Scotland, been at least 10 times but never made it past Perth, off to the highlands in April and I can't wait! Hoping to take some awesome pictures which i'll post (if they're halfway decent)

Wales is awesome, it's where I was born and I live right on the borders.

I've only ever been abroad 4 times, to Prague, Tallinn and Amsterdam twice, Prague was beautiful but sooo overcrowded, Tallinn was gorgeous and not overrun with tourists, Amsterdam I think may just be my favourite city ever, people think it's all about the coffeeshops (which are great!) and hookers, yeah you do see them if you go down to the RLD but to be honest I saw more seediness in Prague, every other shop seemed to be a happy endings massage parlour.

Edited by Cat_From_Hell

2 hours ago, Cat_From_Hell said:

Amsterdam I think may just be my favourite city ever, people think it's all about the coffeeshops (which are great!) and hookers, yeah you do see them if you go down to the RLD but to be honest I saw more seediness in Prague, every other shop seemed to be a happy endings massage parlour.

Got to agree with you there. Amsterdam is pretty seedy around Dam Square but some of those places off the back streets of Prague's Wenceslas Square are a real eye opener. And that's coming from someone who's been to a fair few seedy places :lol:

I could picture the scene but it would make Fifty Shades of Grey sound like a Ladybird book.

Edited by Stiff
  • Like 1

In short i can  recommend Australia and  Melbourne, Sydney, and so on lots to see down under. Scotland, England, Germany, Holland, Denmark, Norway, (Sweden, yes travel to the nothernpart during our summer and experience the midnight sun a 24 hour period of sunlight and stunning nature)

Edited by Impedancer
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Stiff said:

Got to agree with you there. Amsterdam is pretty seedy around Dam Square but some of those places off the back streets of Prague's Wenceslas Square are a real eye opener. And that's coming from someone who's been to a fair few seedy places :lol:

I could picture the scene but it would make Fifty Shades of Grey sound like a Ladybird book.

Accedentlly walked into the red light district in Amsterdam and thought to myself what are these scantily clad women doing in the neon lit windows....hmmm... 

• Haha 1

On 2018-12-24 at 6:56 AM, Dejarma said:

it's full of intelligent individuals who've over the years invented most of the stuff the world takes for granted today= i feel other countries <deep down> are frightened of us:)

There's a story about the german who's plane got shot down over England as he laid wounded on the ground two older ladys captured him and he told them now you will probably kill me while the ladys replied no we dont do that here would you like a cup of tea. :-)

Edited by Impedancer
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Impedancer said:

Naa you only drink tea ;-)

where would you be if that were case? what has Sweden done for this planet over the years apart from watches? ;)

Edited by Dejarma
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

where would you be if that were case? what has Sweden done for this planet over the years apart from watches? ;)

That is not what i ment . watches thats schweiz, Sweden is more like IKEA, Absolut Vodka, Husqvarna, Volvo, Saab, Bofors weapon factory, who made guns like the 40mm that had an important role during the D-day and Dala Horses and ,  Zlatan haha :-) 

Edited by Impedancer
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Impedancer said:

That is not what i ment . watches thats schweiz, Sweden is more like IKEA, Absolut Vodka, Husqvarna, Volvo, Saab, Bofors weapon factory, Dala Horses,  Zlatan haha :-) 

yep of course, you're right= so apart from the above; what has Sweden done for this planet while the UK is drinking tea?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

yep of course, you're right= so apart from the above; what has Sweden done for this planet while the UK is drinking tea?

It was a joke mon frere , Sweden has been good through out the history as a peacekeeping contributor in the UN. We invented the flat screen monitor, computer mouse,  three point seat belt, the zipper, (zipper catches skin) is completely our fault   safety matches, ;-) 

Edited by Impedancer
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Impedancer said:

Sweden has been good through out the history as a peacekeeping contributor in the UN. We invented the flat screen monitor, computer mouse,  three point seat belt, the zipper, safety matches, ;-)

no =you did not invent any of those things:

flat screen was invented by David serco from Essex...

the computer mouse was invented by raymond davis from cornwall

safety matches were invented by the chinese-- & as far as IKEA is concerned; the tech Sweden gained was originally from England!

the three point seat belt is a haggis invention from what i've heard== but personally, i do not believe that;)

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

no =you did not invent any of those things:

flat screen was invented by David serco from Essex...

the computer mouse was invented by raymond davis from cornwall

safety matches were invented by the chinese-- & as far as IKEA is concerned; the tech Sweden gained was originally from England!

the three point seat belt is a haggis invention from what i've heard== but personally, i do not believe that;)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Swedish_inventions

The weather is hitting the 50s and I'm already dreading the inevitable South Carolina humidity. I'd love to just take some time off and travel Scandinavia, the home to most of my ancestry; especially Finland and Sweden. Apparently some of the happiest countries in the world. Expensive, but happy!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

@Impedancer no need for the link-- i love Sweden= just joking my friendB)

you have a good day, Sir;)

How could i forget Nobel and Dynamite Boom :-) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Not Your Huckleberry said:

Expensive, but happy!

Sweden is the country that's <got it right> IMO..............

i wouldn't mind the minimum wage being 10 pounds a month in the UK if the price of bread was 1 penny ;)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Impedancer said:

It was a joke mon frere , Sweden has been good through out the history as a peacekeeping contributor in the UN. We invented the flat screen monitor, computer mouse,  three point seat belt, the zipper, (zipper catches skin) is completely our fault   safety matches, ;-) 

You also provided us with Abba. How can you leave out Abba. I just lurve Abba!