Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Abandoned dog runs after Best Friend's car

Eldorado

This is the heartbreaking moment a dog runs after his owner who had just abandoned him in the street. CCTV footage captures the cruel owner taking a white and black Staffordshire bull terrier from a car and leading it to the other side of the road. He then runs back to the car while the dog follows him, only for the owner to drive off leaving the dog desperately chasing the vehicle.

Video and full report: https://metro.co.uk/2018/12/24/heartbreaking-moment-dog-chases-owner-just-dumped-street-8281452/?

• Sad 8

He even took the animal's bed with him and hung around while the poor dog tried to get back in the car before leaving as the dog chased him! There is never a reason to do something like this. I hope they find the people who did this and prosecute them good. Wonder if the former owners told police who they had given the dog to. Hoping he finds a loving forever home for New Year's.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 5

I cant even bring myself to watch that video. I couldn't imagine doing something like this to my boys.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

I cant even bring myself to watch that video. I couldn't imagine doing something like this to my boys.

I can’t watch either. :(

• Like 4

Some people are utterly ****ed in the head.
Evil exists, and that creature right there (and not the one with four legs and unlimited hope and love) is pure evil. 
Throw the book at it, make sure it hasn't bred yet, find someone to love the dog.
ANYONE who can do that to a dog, cannot be trusted with a child.

• Like 4

Hundreds of people have offered to rehome a dog that was filmed on CCTV being dumped at the side of a road.

"Millions" of people around the world have watched the "heartbreaking" video, the RSPCA animal charity said.

Vets renamed him Snoop but he is not yet available for adoption while his abandonment is being investigated.

The Staffordshire bull terrier was left with his bed at the corner of Timor Grove and Pacific Road in Trentham, Stoke-on-Trent on 17 December.

The charity is trying to trace a man in the car who is seen unclipping the dog's lead before running back to the vehicle and leaving.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-46694246

How can anyone do such a thing! The poor dog :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• The title was changed to RSPCA hunt man who abandoned dog - CCTV

That video was heartbreaking, how could anyone do that, its just so sad. I wish I knew that guy??

• Like 3

it happens more often than we realize, a lot more, and it is not the worst outcome, others just shoot unwanted dogs, or throw them off the project's rooftops

• Sad 2

I have to admit, my usual attitude of trying to understand the motives and circumstances behind people's behavior stops cold at the abuse of animals.  I honestly don't want to understand that. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

*Threads Merged* - Sorry I didn't see it had been posted already.

• Haha 1

I knew a guy and his wife that went through dogs like diapers. He had a dog and wanted to give it away, so I took it.

Then no sooner then they give me the dog, they get another one. After about a year, they wanted to give it away

but couldn't find a home. So he shot it. Then they got another dog. Such Stupidity. :angry:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 5

UPDATE

Rap star Snoop Dogg offers to rehome abandoned dog 'Snoop'

Rap star Snoop Dogg is among hundreds of people offering a home to a dog who was filmed being abandoned in Stoke-on-Trent.

The Staffordshire bull terrier was named "Snoop" by vets after being left by the side of a road a week before Christmas.

Millions of people watched the "heartbreaking" CCTV footage, including the dog's rapper namesake.

Source

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Poor Snoop :(

Abandoned dog Snoop 'has severe separation anxiety'

Since being abandoned, along with his bedding, Snoop has attracted huge attention, with rapper Snoop Dogg among those offering to rehome him.

But the charity said it would be some time before Snoop, who is being cared for at an RSPCA centre in Shropshire, could be considered for adoption.

Snoop was still recovering from his ordeal and faced a "long road ahead".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-46893043

• Sad 1