Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Saying "Merry Christmas" is worse than murder

RoofGardener

1 hour ago, odas said:

I am tired of morons who have no clue what the other side really is but think they know everything. That counts for every muslim, christian, jewish, atheist moron. 

It's typically those who lack the intellectual capacity to understand the other side, who also lack the intellectual capacity to understand that they lack any intellectual capacity to understand what they think they do in the first place... In other words, they're too stupid to know they're stupid. <_<

Although to be even more frank, I think it has less to do with not understanding the other side, and more to do with not caring. If these people put half the energy into actually researching the other side that they already do into researching new bull**** ways in which to demonize 'the other', then they would understand... So they don't understand because they won't.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Because they ARE. All of the above are approved of in the Koran and the Hadiths, and by Mohammed; the ultimate example. 

They are not, herrgottnochmal. They are not. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Aquila King said:

It's typically those who lack the intellectual capacity to understand the other side, who also lack the intellectual capacity to understand that they lack any intellectual capacity to understand what they think they do in the first place... In other words, they're too stupid to know they're stupid. <_<

Although to be even more frank, I think it has less to do with not understanding the other side, and more to do with not caring. If these people put half the energy into actually researching the other side that they already do into researching new bull**** ways in which to demonize 'the other', then they would understand... So they don't understand because they won't.

Can we have an "Amen", brothers and sisters!?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, odas said:

They are not, herrgottnochmal. They are not. 

They ARE, Herr Buddha, they ARE. 

• Like 1

On 1/1/2019 at 3:01 AM, RoofGardener said:

Interesting list, BRD. However, the majority of that was from the Old Testament, and NONE of it is preached in any modern church. 

The list of Koranic imperatives, however, is alive and well. 

Oh really!  So are you suggesting the Christian Bible has parts of it that should be retained as irrelevant to it's followers?  If 39 books of the Old Testament are included in the Christian Bible and the Bible claims to be the expression or word of God then all those quotes are representative of God whether Priests and the lot preach them in Churches today or not.  If so, this would mean that disciples have been told porky's for thousands of years and have died because their crimes were sins against the Church and Gods will or others were massacred simply because they were pagans and didn't believe in the Bible.  Both religions quote ridiculous passages in their Holy Books and both have committed atrocities over millenniums because of those passages.  The only difference today is that Secularism and Humanism are entrenched in western society while the two most powerful Islamic countries are ruled by Islamic Fundamentalists.

• Like 2

In the long run, he said a "Muslim wishing someone a Merry Christmas was worse than murder." Not that "Saying Merry Christmas is worse than murder". He's a religious freak through and through, though that doesn't affect me and doesn't affect you. So why would anyone care so much.

A tempest in a teaspoon.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

In the long run, he said a "Muslim wishing someone a Merry Christmas was worse than murder." Not that "Saying Merry Christmas is worse than murder". He's a religious freak through and through, though that doesn't affect me and doesn't affect you. So why would anyone care so much.

A tempest in a teaspoon.

It's the double standards that annoy me, Likely Guy. If a christian  vicar had said that wishing somebody "happy ramadan is worse than murder", then it would be the lead story on the six O'clock news, front pages on the newspapers, and the calls for him to be defrocked would be deafening. The Left would be screaming 'islamophobia' and 'racism', and bemoaning a system failure of diversity and multiculturalism in the Church. 

A muslim Imam does it and.... total silence.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

Oh really!  So are you suggesting the Christian Bible has parts of it that should be retained as irrelevant to it's followers?  If 39 books of the Old Testament are included in the Christian Bible and the Bible claims to be the expression or word of God then all those quotes are representative of God whether Priests and the lot preach them in Churches today or not.  If so, this would mean that disciples have been told porky's for thousands of years and have died because their crimes were sins against the Church and Gods will or others were massacred simply because they were pagans and didn't believe in the Bible.  Both religions quote ridiculous passages in their Holy Books and both have committed atrocities over millenniums because of those passages.  The only difference today is that Secularism and Humanism are entrenched in western society while the two most powerful Islamic countries are ruled by Islamic Fundamentalists.

Hmmm... well... perhaps, BRD, perhaps. 

However, there is one practical difference. 

Can you give an example of some "bad" passages from the Old Testament, and then give examples of where that is preached in ANY mainstream christian church in the UK ? 

9 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Can you give an example of some "bad" passages from the Old Testament, and then give examples of where that is preached in ANY mainstream christian church in the UK ? 

You have to be fair to the other side here, RoofMan...    It is now incumbent on you (or someone) to show which countries and peoples actually practice the bad passages of the Koran.  What can I say?  :huh:

5 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

You have to be fair to the other side here, RoofMan...    It is now incumbent on you (or someone) to show which countries and peoples actually practice the bad passages of the Koran.  What can I say?  :huh:

Pretty much every nation in the Organisation of Islamic Co-operation, Earl of Trumps. 

There are.. what .. 50+ of them ? 

There are ZERO imams anywhere in the world who derogate the "bad" passages of the Koran. In particular the Verses of the Swords. 

The 'bad' passages are expounded every evening at Friday Prayers. 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

To answer your question we would have to live in a society where the passages in the Bible are Legislative and all its contents are taught in schools from an early age.  We don't and I'm not sure there are majority Christian countries in the world that adhere in this way to religion anymore.  There were plenty in the past, but then, you know, Secularism, Atheism, Humanism etc came along.......

If you've got to to bash Islam and their preachers why don't you do the same with Christianity and Judaism?  The Torah is based wholly on the Old Testament that's how bad that is. 

I can understand highlighting the news when one of these Imam's preach hatred but this guy was just expressing something he thinks goes against his religious beliefs.  Who cares.  The Catholic Church being silent about their pedophile priests is a lot worse.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

To answer your question we would have to live in a society where the passages in the Bible are Legislative and all its contents are taught in schools from an early age.  We don't and I'm not sure there are majority Christian countries in the world that adhere in this way to religion anymore.  There were plenty in the past, but then, you know, Secularism, Atheism, Humanism etc came along.......

If you've got to to bash Islam and their preachers why don't you do the same with Christianity and Judaism?  The Torah is based wholly on the Old Testament that's how bad that is. 

I can understand highlighting the news when one of these Imam's preach hatred but this guy was just expressing something he thinks goes against his religious beliefs.  Who cares.  The Catholic Church being silent about their pedophile priests is a lot worse.

Well, no argument about the Catholic Church and the pedophile priests. However, such behavior is not sanctioned in the Bible. (at least, not in the New Testament, which is what Christianity is based on...being the testament of Christ). The priests where betraying their own scriptures. 

I think my feelings are kinda summarised in your opening sentence. Christianity is not taught that way anywhere in the world, so far as I am aware, and hasn't been for a century. Well... almost.... 

Sadly, Islam IS taught that way in MANY countries, including in the UK. If I was to encounter a school in the UK (or anywhere in the world) that DID teach religion (ANY religion) in that manner, I would heartedly condemn it. It happens, however, that the other major religions do NOT do that.... only Islam does !

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Why bother to resurrect this thread? So an Islamic fundamentalist imam goes by the literal words of the koran. Big surprise. Don't worry about it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1