Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Kentucky woman spots a "walking tree"

The Caspian Hare

now I have an excuse to buy that flamethrower

https://www.kentucky.com/news/local/article223524695.html

An eastern Kentucky woman is reported to have seen a frightening “creature” outside the town of Sandy Hook, prompting an investigation by the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization.

The group released a “follow-up report” this month that concludes the woman saw something that wasn’t human. “She described it as a walking tree,“ said investigator Jack Smarr.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Carnoferox said:

Ents in Kentucky? Now I've heard everything.

No, not at all, more stuff coming, just wait.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

jztdmpnf36m01.jpg

that is the loch ness monster-- i know this for a fact because i've seen this very same thing floating in the loch.. prove me wrong!/ if you don't believe me?; means to me you're calling me a liar 

oh what fun;)

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

Yep - it's the hallmark of our age.  I believe it so it MUST be true!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, and then said:

it does seem that way, doesn't it;)

• Like 3

9 hours ago, and then said:

And, if you don't believe it, you are an idiot.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

My cousin is nearly 7 feet tall and likes to go mushroom picking in the southern Oregon woods wearing cammo. I'm sure he is responsible for unnerving more than a few people over the years. :) 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Calibeliever said:

My cousin is nearly 7 feet tall and likes to go mushroom picking in the southern Oregon woods wearing cammo. I'm sure he is responsible for unnerving more than a few people over the years. :) 

Hey i used to pick tan oaks up there in camo too we arent all that creepy. The asians pay an incredible amount for those things!

• Like 1

This is MY BIGFOOT REPORT. Mine. I did not give permission for BFRO to run to the media to try and draw attention to themselves, it really makes me angry that they did! YES, I saw a Bigfoot. No, I do not appreciate your snide comments about Kentucky people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@ParanormallyCorrect, what are you worried about?

It’s a report about something you thought you saw (which the driver didn’t) in the dark, driving faster than normal, it only lasted 3-5 seconds, and is not verifiable.

Maybe you should have actually stopped and looked for footprints on the way back.

Is your version of events different than what’s in that link?

Just a couple of quick questions: What’s the distance from the driveway you pulled out of to the property you were visiting? What was the make/model of the vehicle you were in? 

41 minutes ago, Timothy said:

@ParanormallyCorrect, what are you worried about?

Worried is not a relevant word in this scenario. Angry and sad is how I would describe myself at the moment. Angry that I stupidly gave my report to an organization that did nothing more than run to the media with a tweaked version of what actually happened to gain fame/attention for themselves, and sad that something so amazing has been turned into a joke on multiple websites across the internet. 

It’s a report about something you thought you saw (which the driver didn’t) in the dark, driving faster than normal, it only lasted 3-5 seconds, and is not verifiable.

Excuse me, that is not accurate. My husband did see something, he just didn't see the creature. It's verifiable because I'm not a liar and I take the paranormal very seriously, thus my brand and Youtube channel, which I work very hard on. I've been an investigator for many years, and I've dedicated a big portion of my life to paranormal research. 

Maybe you should have actually stopped and looked for footprints on the way back.

Stopped? I was terrified. We went the next morning during daylight hours and tried to investigate. Yes the articles are slightly altered just enough to inaccurately represent my experience. I am not sure if BFRO is to blame for this or if the multiple sites who have taken the story without permission tried to "spice up" my report. The distance from the driveway? Idk, less than a quarter of a mile I guess. I don't see how that's relevant. 2001 Cobra. Again, probably not relevant to the fact that my encounter was used without my permission and misconstrued. If I had wanted media attention for this or any other paranormal experience I've had, I'd have contacted them myself. I did not and that's what makes me upset. 

Sorry about the formatting, I am not certain how to use this forum. 

41 minutes ago, Timothy said:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Look I don't doubt you saw something. Never herd of Bigfoots n kentucky, but that doesn't mean there can't be any.I understand why you would be upset. You gave it to them in confidence and  it wasn't supposed to be released to the general public. You feel you  were betrayed and  that now  everyone is going to laugh at you. I'm not. Maybe you were  mistaken on what you saw, or if you did see a bigfoot, it was so quick.  Just because  you and your husband  looked for evidence  and had trouble finding  it, does not mean that this creature wasn't there. If there are wild animals around they could have walked in the creatures tracks and messed them up.

Too many people have seen  them over the years, and the native americans in various places also have legends of Bigfoot, long before the white man came.Unless on finally gets captured , we won't know what they are.either a giant ape , or some sort of primitive human. They also have them elsewhere in the world.The russians have a story about what they call an Alma, who had a mixed human -bigfoot baby. You will have to google that.can't remember the link.

1 hour ago, ParanormallyCorrect said:

And PS we were actually driving very slow, not faster. I'm not sure where that came from but it isn't true at all. 

Thanks for the reply.

If that account is not accurate then there’s not really anything to discuss, unless you’re willing to give your first hand account of events, or already have a YouTube video you can link?

I asked about the distance because of how that account suggested the vehicle was being driven faster due to the low fuel light that just came on, which seemed strange especially if it were a short distance you had to travel. And also because it said you were on lookout as a safety precaution against auto accidents which contradicted the faster speed/driver talking on the phone while driving in the dark etc. 

So you can disregard most of what I posted. :su

Welcome to the forum as well. 

I just want to take a moment to say that a lot of the replies in this thread are really cracking me up in real life, haha. Thank you guys for the good laugh tonight.

8 hours ago, ParanormallyCorrect said:

This is MY BIGFOOT REPORT. Mine. I did not give permission for BFRO to run to the media to try and draw attention to themselves, it really makes me angry that they did! YES, I saw a Bigfoot. No, I do not appreciate your snide comments about Kentucky people.

Hey there, it's really unfortunate that this organization used your report without your permission. There is contact information provided on their website, have you tried emailing them or calling them about this? It probably won't completely erase all the websites and other reports on this, but I think it's possible for them to pull it from their website or at the very least apologize to you. Whether I believe you saw something or not, I do think it's not really a good thing for a website to publicize your report without your permission.

"It was the color of a tree."

According to the article, unless I missed something, that is her direct quote - which in no way is the same as saying  “She described it as a walking tree“. 

A Sasquatch could easily be the color of a tree. For those that are not aware, bark comes in many colors. Matted brown hair could be described as "tree-like", for example. 

Whatever the case may be, Sasquatch is real, and I honestly can't wait for a hoaxer to get shot dead for playing games. 

Edited by PrisonerX
  • Confused 1

I am near 7 feet tall and fish in a camouflage suit. Hopefully one day I wont be killed as big foot :(

To be honest 7 feet isn't that extraordinary. I believe some humans can be around 7 feet tall. I wonder how the witness measured how tall the "shadow" was. Is there any reference on the road? A 7 feet tree? 

12 hours ago, ParanormallyCorrect said:

Excuse me, that is not accurate. My husband did see something, he just didn't see the creature. It's verifiable because I'm not a liar and I take the paranormal very seriously, thus my brand and Youtube channel, which I work very hard on. I've been an investigator for many years, and I've dedicated a big portion of my life to paranormal research. 

Because you're not a liar and you take the paranormal seriously it's verifiable? 

• Like 2