Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If you saw an alien would you know what it is?

Still Waters

What would convince you that aliens existed? The question came up recently at a conference on astrobiology, held at Stanford University in California.

Several ideas were tossed around – unusual gases in a planet's atmosphere, strange heat gradients on its surface. But none felt persuasive.

Finally, one scientist offered the solution: a photograph.

There was some laughter and a murmur of approval from the audience of researchers: yes, a photo of an alien would be convincing evidence, the holy grail of proof that we're not alone.

But why would a picture be so convincing? What is it that we'd see that would tell us we weren't just looking at another pile of rocks?

https://www.sciencealert.com/how-would-we-recognise-an-alien-as-being-alive-if-we-saw-one

• Like 4

• The title was changed to If you saw an alien would you know what it is?
24 minutes ago, acute said:

Little Green Men could be little grey blobs!

Or giant raquel welch lookalikes. 25ft tall.  How intimidating would that be on a date?

• Haha 5

Yes since they would be green however its a bad idea to let vogons read their poetry for you. Rember dont panic and always carry a towel with you at all times.

Edited by Avalanche
  • Haha 1

I think we only have our own perspective and context to judge other "life".  Natural selection is not exclusive of a Creator, yet our scientists demand that exclusivity.  It really doesn't matter in the long- run.  If finding life is important, we'll understand that in time.

• Like 2

Certainly.  I have seen extraterrestrials multiple times, and I have even been on board their spaceships and been visited in my bedroom at night.  I have a mark on my stomach that proves it, it's very small but still slightly visible of where I was injected with an unknown substance that changed my life for the better!  So, yes, I have seen aliens and very much recognized them!  

Edited by BuddingPsychic1111

1 hour ago, BuddingPsychic1111 said:

Certainly.  I have seen extraterrestrials multiple times, and I have even been on board their spaceships and been visited in my bedroom at night.  I have a mark on my stomach that proves it, it's very small but still slightly visible of where I was injected with an unknown substance that changed my life for the better!  So, yes, I have seen aliens and very much recognized them!  

The individuals you described are called nurses and the "space ship" you are talking about is a locked room without an inside doorknob. And your best friends in that ring-fenced building are Elvis, Jesus and Napoleon, right?

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Or giant raquel welch lookalikes. 25ft tall.  How intimidating would that be on a date?

Where's my scuba gear??

Who am I kidding? Who needs Scuba gear????

• Haha 1

On 12/27/2018 at 1:31 AM, BuddingPsychic1111 said:

So next time take a picture, get a recording, ask them what the heck they are doing here. Think of the money you coukd make doing tours on the UFO circuit. :tsu: 

• 2 weeks later...

Photo of an ET alien?

Here ya go....(I'm the photographer of this purported alien, which I took (Brownie Box Bullet camera - 127 film) in the summer of 1972, at Calvert Cliffs, Maryland on the Western Shore of the Chesapeake Bay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS-WaadAmOU

32 minutes ago, Erno86 said:

Photo of an ET alien?

Here ya go....(I'm the photographer of this purported alien, which I took (Brownie Box Bullet camera - 127 film) in the summer of 1972, at Calvert Cliffs, Maryland on the Western Shore of the Chesapeake Bay.

Photo of a rock?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, GoodReality said:

Photo of a rock?

No...it is a possible helmeted alien sitting on a Miocene fossil rock, behind a much larger fossil rock. It's about the same size as an average full grown human.

• Haha 2

Take me to your leader ....

~

• Haha 1

Anything which is outside our planet which is not rock and has any form of life, is an alien. No matter how large or minute it is. 

Hopefully one day we will find something. And no, they have not found us. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Erno86 said:

Photo of an ET alien?

It is a rock. :tu:

You are no geologist.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Erno86 said:

Photo of an ET alien?

As you took the photo with a 70s potato I would say your distance to the object was not that far. So please tell, what happened with the "object" after the image was taken?

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, third_eye said:

~

8q9Epw.gif

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, toast said:

As you took the photo with a 70s potato I would say your distance to the object was not that far. So please tell, what happened with the "object" after the image was taken?

Whats the betting it has not moved?

His video has 2399 views, no likes a 4 thumbs down. Which gives me some hope for the human race.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Stiff said:

8q9Epw.gif

Is he in a car? Where is his spaceship?

36 minutes ago, third_eye said:

~

Take your pick

Theresa-May-20-June-2018-800x450.jpg

9487676-3x2-700x467.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRO6It9QkSQ4H9U9nbm3tp

41ZnrIiWtHL._SY450_.jpg

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Is he in a car? Where is his spaceship?

That's too obvious. They need to blend in.

Xoi2.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Stiff said:

That's too obvious. They need to blend in.

Xoi2.gif

Wow that is wierd!   Are they dogs in the road?