Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump blamed for gov shutdown

Unusual Tournament

Donald Trump blamed for Government shutdown by large number of Americans, poll shows

More Americans blame President Donald Trump than congressional Democrats for the partial United States Government shutdown that is now in its sixth day and shows no signs of ending soon, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-12-28/donald-trump-blamed-for-us-government-shutdown-poll-shows/10671360

• Like 5

They are off during holidays... cut their pays and you can see them back to work in no time.

• Like 2

Yup, the fence sitters and independents are reaĺly starting to lean to the port side of the SS Trumptanic. Capsizing is imminent. There are no life boats, the rats took them weeks months years ago.

Hank

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

Well he did tell Chuck and Nancy he would be proud to do it and take full credit for it.  He wants the money for the wall and I would guess a lot of his supports back his effort and distrust and dislike the government anyway.  He can hardly back down now.  Ann and Rush would give him heck.  Not to mention a lot of his supporters who took this as Campaign Promise #1.  He has to stand his ground for them or lose too much support.  Tough spot for all.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, qxcontinuum said:

They are off during holidays... cut their pays and you can see them back to work in no time.

Cut whose pay?

Everyone's who dare to take time off paid by hard working citizens. 

2 minutes ago, qxcontinuum said:

You mean like the Coast Guard?  They show up for no pay or get court-martial if they don't show up.  That's really supporting our troops.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, qxcontinuum said:

Who dares to take time off? DARES?? You mean the people who aren’t being paid because the prize goose in the White House has a hissy fit over the government not finding his useless boondoggle? 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

Well he did tell Chuck and Nancy he would be proud to do it and take full credit for it.  He wants the money for the wall and I would guess a lot of his supports back his effort and distrust and dislike the government anyway.  He can hardly back down now.  Ann and Rush would give him heck.  Not to mention a lot of his supporters who took this as Campaign Promise #1.  He has to stand his ground for them or lose too much support.  Tough spot for all.

no he can't back down right after he took such pubic ownership of the shutdown. he has to win. no compromise. just win. now thats gonna be hard to do. good luck Trump!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

Tough spot for all

A partial shutdown doesn't seriously affect anyone other than contractors.  If anything, the Left might get weak-kneed first because they can't afford to let the people see just how little impact these shutdowns actually have.  Can't have the folks realizing government isn't the most important thing in their lives.  I'm sure that once Nancy gets the gavel again she'll make it seem painful but the truth is that almost no one is really affected.  I hope he keeps it closed for months if that's what it takes.  5 billion is a tiny fraction of the budget and I'd make the Dems own the shutdown for refusing to fund border security.  He said he'd accept the blame for shutting it down.  He didn't say anything about taking the blame for it continuing to be shut down.  ;) Let the scum in the media scream all they want.  His supporters don't take them seriously anyway. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I see it going on for a bit.  Hashing out a divisive budget is a pretty major project.  Unfortunately, the supervisor decided to do it right in the middle of shift change.   The out going senators and representatives don't give a hoot and the new ones will have to settle in before they start on it.  We will be lucky to see anything till the middle of January. 

And Then is right about the bulk people not caring because they really aren't affected that much.  It happens all to frequently and everyone gets back pay so it's kind of a joke.  The people who live pay check to pay check probably will be the only one to suffer and they don't really seem to get much sympathy these days.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, and then said:

A partial shutdown doesn't seriously affect anyone other than contractors.  If anything, the Left might get weak-kneed first because they can't afford to let the people see just how little impact these shutdowns actually have.  Can't have the folks realizing government isn't the most important thing in their lives.  I'm sure that once Nancy gets the gavel again she'll make it seem painful but the truth is that almost no one is really affected.  I hope he keeps it closed for months if that's what it takes.  5 billion is a tiny fraction of the budget and I'd make the Dems own the shutdown for refusing to fund border security.  He said he'd accept the blame for shutting it down.  He didn't say anything about taking the blame for it continuing to be shut down.  ;) Let the scum in the media scream all they want.  His supporters don't take them seriously anyway. 

No. Just no. Five billion is just a tiny portion of what the wall fence costs. If tRump gets his way he'll do what every spoiled brat does when they don't get there own way... another shutdown tantrum. I love how Trump idiots cut their own throats to stick it to the Liberals bogeyman. 

Edited by Hankenhunter
Spelling
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

No. Just no. Five billion is just a tiny portion of what the wall fence costs. If tRump gets his way he'll do what every spoiled brat does when they don't get there own way... another shutdown tantrum. I love how Trump idiots cut their own throats to stick it to the Liberals bogeyman. 

I shouldn't say say I love how they're cutting their own throats, more like " Interesting anthropological regression being displayed by the subspecies known as "sati secura".

34 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Yet the Dems feel it's worth keeping the gobment shut down just to keep him from having any victory, no matter how "inconsequential".  Don't just shut it down, BURN IT DOWN.  Too funny...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

^^Well, the Republicans have been burning it down for years, so what's a few weeks. Besides, i predict a veto proof bill in two weeks. Probably the same bill pushed through. Tax season is almost apon us and Mitch isn't going to want to be responsible for all that sweet tax money not going to the common clay.

Hank

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, and then said:

Yet the Dems feel it's worth keeping the gobment shut down just to keep him from having any victory, no matter how "inconsequential".  Don't just shut it down, BURN IT DOWN.  Too funny...

i think Trump said it best when he said ' those workers effected are democrat voters anyway, so who cares... ' he also said that losing the house of rep's was also a victory for him. so who's burning what?

• Like 4

Fox reporter: Who’s getting fired? Who’s going to bear the brunt of the responsibility if indeed there is a shutdown of our government?

Trump: Well if you say ‘who gets fired’, it always has to be the top. I mean, problems start from the top and have to get solved from the top. And the president’s the leader and he has to get everyone in a room and lead  and he doesn’t do that. He doesn’t like doing that — that is not his strength. And that’s why you have this horrible situation going on in Washington too. It’s a very, very bad thing and it’s also embarrassing worldwide.

It seems Trump, ever helpful, proactively took responsibility for the shutdown and even offered a pretty great solution.

Damn. If only Kelly hadn't resigned. Now there's no one left to do the firing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

But this wasn't a campaign promise. His promise was to build a wall AND Mexico would pay for it.

Demanding 5b of tax payers money for a beautiful slated fence was not a campaign promise.

His promise was to build a wall AND Mexico would pay for it.

That's exactly right! Mexico would pay for it!  His mouth wrote a check his ass cannot cash! And as far as the gubermint shutdown, hell they do not do anything anyway but leech off the American tax payer so let it stay shutdown....Less Dracula's in gray flannel suits the American tax payer as to worry about supporting.

Edited by Alien Origins
Add something.
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The "Trust me" Administration ...

~

• Like 4

fault and being responsible is not always same thing,   he is responsible, but it's not his fault dems are doing nothign but put sticks in his wheels from day 1.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, aztek said:

fault and being responsible is not always same thing,   he is responsible, but it's not his fault dems are doing nothign but put sticks in his wheels from day 1.

Don't reps still have majorities in both houses?

If so why can't Trump get this through?

ETA - it is also reasonable that people who voted Dems - would be quite happy not to waste 5b on a fence no matter how beautiful.

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

Don't reps still have majorities in both houses?

If so why can't Trump get this through?

idk, you tell me.

i know for a fact that if dems worked with reps, not against them, and especially against president, no matter what he does, none of it would happen.

so yea, he is responsible, but i do not blame him at all,

Edited by aztek

I don't trust polls. The pollsters themselves tend to have their own agenda, and the data will usually be skewed to reflect this.

President Trump is doing precisely what he was elected to do. He promised their would be a wall along the southern border, and he is giving his constituents the very thing they voted for. Granted he didn't follow through with forcing the Mexican government to fund the wall. Personally I think a few armored tank divisions deployed along the southern border would have forced the Mexicans to comply.

Be that as it may, Donald Trump is still by and large following through with his campaign promises. His government shutdown reflects strength and tenacity in the face of an unpatriotic opposition that cares more about the welfare of illegals then they do about the American people.  And for this he should be applauded.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lord Harry said:

I don't trust polls. The pollsters themselves tend to have their own agenda, and the data will usually be skewed to reflect this.

President Trump is doing precisely what he was elected to do. He promised their would be a wall along the southern border, and he is giving his constituents the very thing they voted for. Granted he didn't follow through with forcing the Mexican government to fund the wall. Personally I think a few armored tank divisions deployed along the southern border would have forced the Mexicans to comply.

Be that as it may, Donald Trump is still by and large following through with his campaign promises. His government shutdown reflects strength and tenacity in the face of an unpatriotic opposition that cares more about the welfare of illegals then they do about the American people.  And for this he should be applauded.

He had money for the wall from the Dems before but thought preventing a path for citizenship for DACA recipients was more important than the wall.  Now because the courts shot down his DACA leverage, his wall is more important? 

As far as the shutdown goes,  Congress had a bill to stop the shut down but Trump said he wouldn't sign it.  Who's obstructing there?

• Like 4