Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump blamed for gov shutdown

Unusual Tournament

Saw this and laughed:  https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46703535

Would it be the Dem's fault if the border is shut as well?

A similar question popped into my mind, "Is it a woman's fault if a man beats a child because the woman didn't do what he said?"  Because it sure looks to me that Trump is looking for some babies to beat to get the Dems to do what he wants.  Last time around it was DACA. The courts took that away from him.  Now it's shutting down the border (Though it could be said that the shut down itself is a baby he can beat to force the Dems to do what he wants).

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

He had money for the wall from the Dems before but thought preventing a path for citizenship for DACA recipients was more important than the wall.  Now because the courts shot down his DACA leverage, his wall is more important? 

As far as the shutdown goes,  Congress had a bill to stop the shut down but Trump said he wouldn't sign it.  Who's obstructing there?

Well, there shouldn't be a path to citizenship for these law breakers. Donald Trump did the right thing by preventing a path for citizenship.

There should be no compromise. Immigration policy should include a wall, troops along the border, and mass deportations of illegals and their families. Anything short of this is unacceptable. President Trump understands this. It is the very reason he was elected. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

Well, there shouldn't be a path to citizenship for these law breakers. Donald Trump did the right thing by preventing a path for citizenship.

There should be no compromise. Immigration policy should include a wall, troops along the border, and mass deportations of illegals and their families. Anything short of this is unacceptable. President Trump understands this. It is the very reason he was elected. 

Well, we have a wall, troops along the border, and we are deporting illegals.  Why is the government shut down?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Gromdor said:

Well, we have a wall, troops along the border, and we are deporting illegals.  Why is the government shut down?

Because the wall needs to be in accordance with the proper specifications. Stretching from sea to shining sea. The troops need to number in the tens of thousands and given the authority to physically prevent the illegals from crossing and if necessary to shoot to kill. And finally, there are still illegal aliens in this country. ICE needs to be actively searching out these criminals and deporting them to the last man.

On none of these issues have the Democrats been cooperative. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

Because the wall needs to be in accordance with the proper specifications. Stretching from sea to shining sea. The troops need to number in the tens of thousands and given the authority to physically prevent the illegals from crossing and if necessary to shoot to kill. And finally, there are still illegal aliens in this country. ICE needs to be actively searching out these criminals and deporting them to the last man.

On none of these issues have the Democrats been cooperative. 

You're going to need a lot more than five billion then.  Going to have to change the Constitution as well.  Might be easier to just move to North Korea.  They have all that.

Edited by Gromdor
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Gromdor said:

You're going to need a lot more than five billion then.  Going to have to change the Constitution as well.  Might be easier to just more to North Korea.  They have all that.

Donald Trump is an astute businessman. He knows what he's doing. If he says five billion dollars is enough to build this wall, then I trust his judgment. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

he does , and it seems he does not, imo it's very possible to build for that much if you hire someone and pay as private company, but the way federal gvmnt works, it would cost 25, dems are more likely correct about the price.

• Like 2

With the president's plans to bring home the thousands of American troops stationed in South Korea and involved in the stale conflicts in Syria and Afghanistan, there should be more then enough manpower to militarize the southern border. A heavily fortified wall manned with armed soldiers and a patriotic president with courage commanding them should solve the current situation.

Edited by Lord Harry

Hmm... how long CAN this shutdown last ? 

The longest one in recent memory was President Clinton, at around 27 days. 

That is followed by President Obama at 16 days. 

How long before federal employees give up and get another job ? And what happens THEN ? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RAyMO said:

But this wasn't a campaign promise. His promise was to build a wall AND Mexico would pay for it.

Demanding 5b of tax payers money for a beautiful slated fence was not a campaign promise.

You Can’t Always Get What You Want
I saw her today at the reception
A glass of wine in her hand
I knew she would meet her connection
At her feet was her footloose man
No, you can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometime you find
You get what you need
I knew she was gonna meet her connection
But if you try sometimes you might find
You get what you need
But I went down to the demonstration
To get your fair share of abuse
Singing, "We're gonna vent our frustration
If we don't we're gonna blow a fifty-amp fuse"
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Hmm... how long CAN this shutdown last ? 

The longest one in recent memory was President Clinton, at around 27 days. 

That is followed by President Obama at 16 days. 

How long before federal employees give up and get another job ? And what happens THEN ? 

Good riddance to a bunch of incompetent self entitled bureaucrats. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lord Harry said:

Well I know a lot of my friends would support this.  Can you have your family packed up and ready to go back to your homeland in two weeks?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tatetopa said:

Well I know a lot of my friends would support this.  Can you have your family packed up and ready to go back to your homeland in two weeks?

This is my homeland you fool.

American citizen born and raised. My family roots here go back to the 19th century.

Edited by Lord Harry
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

Good riddance to a bunch of incompetent self entitled bureaucrats. 

Military, and Forest Service  are two groups that come to mind as not being incompetent self entitled bureaucrats.

1 minute ago, Lord Harry said:

This is my homeland you fool.

American citizen born and raised. My family roots here go back to the 19th century.

Oh, you mean you are a DACA child, born in America through no fault of your own because your great grandparents got in somehow?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tatetopa said:

Oh, you mean you are a DACA child, born in America through no fault of your own because your great grandparents got in somehow?

You are being intentionally obtuse. We will continue this discussion troll when you have something of substance to contribute.

In the meantime, I have no time for leftist bull ****e.

Edited by Lord Harry
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

You are being intentionally obtuse. We will continue this discussion troll when you have something of substance to contribute.

In the meantime, I have no time for leftist bull ****e.

Translation:  You got me! waaaaaaah!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

Translation:  You got me! waaaaaaah!

LOL! Spare me your snarkiness troll. Your snide comments are merely an indication that you've lost the argument and have nothing of substance to contribute. 

Explain to me please how exactly your SJW philosophy of degrading non self altruism is beneficial to the United States?

Edited by Lord Harry
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

LOL! Spare me your snarkiness troll. Your snide comments are merely an indication that you've lost the argument and have nothing of substance to contribute. 

Explain to me please how exactly your SJW philosophy of degrading non self altruism is beneficial to the United States?

I can just IMAGINE the tone of your voice when you say that. 

Sort of... "Silence, you low-born oaf" :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

I can just IMAGINE the tone of your voice when you say that. 

Sort of... "Silence, you low-born oaf" :D 

Well, some of the more liberal posters here have been known to resort to childish insults when they lost the argument.

Edited by Lord Harry
  • Like 1

Cant all sides agree this presidency has been a poop show. I feel we’re the laughing stock of the world. 

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, AstralHorus said:

Cant all sides agree this presidency has been a poop show. I feel we’re the laughing stock of the world. 

Incorrect. The United States was the laughing stock of the world from Bush I to Obama. A nation that refuses to act in its own self interest will soon cease to be a nation. President Trump is the first president since Ronald Reagan to understand this principle.

Every nation on earth has an inherent right to defend its borders on any manner deemed necessary for the survival of the original population group.

Edited by Lord Harry
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

Incorrect. The United States was the laughing stock of the world from Bush I to Obama. A nation that refuses to act in its own self interest will soon cease to be a nation. President Trump is the first president since Ronald Reagan to understand this principle.

Every nation on earth has an inherent right to defend its borders on any manner deemed necessary for the survival of the original population group.

And for any liberals who want to make snide remarks about the displacement of American Indians, I am referring exclusively to the nation state known as the United States of America. Not simply to the geographical designation of America.

Edited by Lord Harry

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:
You Can’t Always Get What You Want
I knew she would meet her connection
No, you can't always get what you want
But if you try sometime you find
You get what you need
I knew she was gonna meet her connection
But if you try sometimes you might find
You get what you need
But I went down to the demonstration
To get your fair share of abuse
Singing, "We're gonna vent our frustration
If we don't we're gonna blow a fifty-amp fuse"

You Can Get it if You Really Want

Desmond Dekker -

You can get it if you really want
you can get it if you really want
but you must try
try and try
try and try
you'll succeed at last.
Persecution you must fear
win or lose
you got to get your share
you've got your mind set on a dream
you can get it though hard it may seem now.
but you must try
try and try
try and try
you'll succeed at last.
Rome was not built in a day
opposition will come your way
but the harder the battle you see
is the sweeter
the victory girl

but you must try
try and try
try and try
you'll succeed at last.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lyric Wars...... :devil:......... :innocent:.........:D

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, AstralHorus said:

At this point, to be a Trump supporter is to be an ideological extremist and a radical. All reasonable people on the right have long since abandoned the Trump trainwreck, and the most reasonable of them never boarded it to begin with.

• Like 5