Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump blamed for gov shutdown

Unusual Tournament

13 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

Democracy has failed. The three decade long political deadlock in this country has revealed this. 

It is time for a different form of government, one in which the executive authority is able to enact public policy in accordance with the national self interest without being stymied by an entrenched deep state, unpatriotic political opposition, and corrupt special interests.

Yeeees.... are you by any chance a fan of Robert A Heinlein ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RoofGardener said:

Yeeees.... are you by any chance a fan of Robert A Heinlein ? 

Haven't read a novel since high school.

I'm more of a non fiction reader.

If it wasn't for the cultural liberals and corrupt neoliberal globalists, illegal immigration would have been eliminated years ago.

This is just one of many reasons why a stronger chief executive is needed. One who can break the political deadlock and enact common sense public policy in full accordance with the national self interest.

Edited by Lord Harry

8 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

If it wasn't for the cultural liberals and corrupt neoliberal globalists, illegal immigration would have been eliminated years ago.

This is just one of many reasons why a stronger chief executive is needed. One who can break the political deadlock and enact common sense public policy in full accordance with the national self interest.

Eh, I think Reagan encouraged it when he gave amnesty back in the 80's.  I know business owners/agriculture companies here liberal and conservative alike hire them to work for them. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lord Harry said:

Democracy has failed. The three decade long political deadlock in this country has revealed this. 

It is time for a different form of government, one in which the executive authority is able to enact public policy in accordance with the national self interest without being stymied by an entrenched deep state, unpatriotic political opposition, and corrupt special interests.

Jawohl Mein Fuhrer.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Lord Harry said:

There is another solution, get Mexicans to build beautiful, big concentration camps with furnaces and then throw them all in there together with all the other illegals.  Problem solved totally.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

There is another solution, get Mexicans to build beautiful, big concentration camps with furnaces and then throw them all in there together with all the other illegals.  Problem solved totally.

That won't be necessary. Build the wall, man it with armed soldiers, and round up and deport all illegal aliens and their families.

Problem solved with minimal bloodshed. 

34 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

That's some seriously dark sarcasm, yet unfortunately not completely uncalled for... :(

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

That's some seriously dark sarcasm, yet unfortunately not completely uncalled for... :(

I'm UM's right wing Juggernaut! You're going down Aquilla King!

On my sixth beer, so kinda acting like a goof now. But my statement stands!

9 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

I'm UM's right wing Juggernaut! You're going down Aquilla King!

On my sixth beer, so kinda acting like a goof now. But my statement stands!

Read the quote under my profile pic. I have no interest in petty political posturing. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

Read the quote under my profile pic. I have no interest in petty political posturing. 

I like professional wrestling! But it will always be the WWF to me! Back in the 1990s it was great. Changing the name to WWE was a sell out.

5 hours ago, Lord Harry said:

I don’t think you know what democracy is. It’s the middle ground between both extremes. Anything that hasn’t the capacity for compromise and transparency isn’t democracy, the people voted for Trump to do what he promised but they didn’t vote for him to be president for only the percentage that voted for him. 

• Like 5

Just now, Captain Risky said:

I don’t think you know what democracy is. It’s the middle ground between both extremes. Anything that hasn’t the capacity for compromise and transparency isn’t democracy, the people voted for Trump to do what he promised but they didn’t vote for him to be president for only the percentage that voted for him. 

Of course I know what democracy is. It goes back to ancient Athens circa 500 BC. It was the very system of government that the Founding Fathers feared. 

2 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

Of course I know what democracy is. It goes back to ancient Athens circa 500 BC. It was the very system of government that the Founding Fathers feared. 

I hink you’re trying to push buttons with such outlandish statements. Have a nice day.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

At least in the old days the American government forbade beastiality by law. 

But...now that I think about it that was when the federal government was still a Republic not a Democracy.

Could you cite a source on that?  As far as I know, bestiality was never a federal crime.  What's even more sad is that many of the states didn't even make it illegal till the last few decades.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Could you cite a source on that?  As far as I know, bestiality was never a federal crime.  What's even more sad is that many of the states didn't even make it illegal till the last few decades.

My mistake. It was a state crime. 

14 hours ago, Lord Harry said:

When it comes to the national self interest, in this case securing the borders and preventing illegal immigration, the ends certainly do justify the means.

Setting aside the reality that illegal immigration isnt the national crisis that Trump and company are advertising it to be for just a moment, I have to ask , if you destroy the checks and balances that have kept the country free for so long what exactly are you securing from immigrants?

Trump should use his executive authority to authorize the construction of a 40 ft high concrete border wall stretching from the Gulf of Mexico to the Pacific Ocean, manned by 150,000 American troops with instructions to prevent illegal entry by any means necessary.

Sure he could do that , and it would be held up in court until well after Trump is gone. That is how checks and balances work.

• Like 3

Oh well hell I wouldnt have ever bothered to correspond with you if you would have just opened with this. You should start every conversation with this statement. It'd be like a warning label for the rest of us.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

For once im gonna say that I agree with Trump :

President Donald Trump believes responsibility for a government shutdown goes straight to the top, right to the president’s office. At least that’s what he said on Fox News — when he was talking about Barack Obama in 2013.

Trump revealed his views when he was asked on “Fox & Friends” about a pending government shutdown which occurred over a funding battle in October that year.

“Boardroom here,” said host Elisabeth Hasselbeck, referring to Trump’s reality TV show “The Apprentice,” in which he summarily fired people. “Who’s getting fired? Who’s going to bear the brunt of the responsibility if indeed there is a government shutdown?” she asked Trump, who had called in to the program.

“If you say who gets fired it always has to be the top,” Trump responded.  “Problems start from the top and they have to get solved from the top. And the president’s the leader. He’s got to get everyone in a room and he’s gotta lead. But he doesn’t do that,” Trump added, referring to Obama. 

“And that’s why you have this horrible situation going on in Washington. It’s a very, very bad thing and it’s very embarrassing worldwide.”

He also noted that when people look back on a shutdown in history, they’re “going to be talking about ... who the president was at that time. They’re not going to be talking about who was the head of the House, the head of the Senate, who’s running things in Washington.”

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

President Donald Trump believes responsibility for a government shutdown goes straight to the top, right to the president’s office. At least that’s what he said on Fox News — when he was talking about Barack Obama in 2013.

Trump revealed his views when he was asked on “Fox & Friends” about a pending government shutdown which occurred over a funding battle in October that year.

“Boardroom here,” said host Elisabeth Hasselbeck, referring to Trump’s reality TV show “The Apprentice,” in which he summarily fired people. “Who’s getting fired? Who’s going to bear the brunt of the responsibility if indeed there is a government shutdown?” she asked Trump, who had called in to the program.

“If you say who gets fired it always has to be the top,” Trump responded.  “Problems start from the top and they have to get solved from the top. And the president’s the leader. He’s got to get everyone in a room and he’s gotta lead. But he doesn’t do that,” Trump added, referring to Obama. 

“And that’s why you have this horrible situation going on in Washington. It’s a very, very bad thing and it’s very embarrassing worldwide.”

He also noted that when people look back on a shutdown in history, they’re “going to be talking about ... who the president was at that time. They’re not going to be talking about who was the head of the House, the head of the Senate, who’s running things in Washington.”

Great find! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

The ironic thing about that was a lot of Americans I know latched onto that as a sign that Sparky would make one fine POTUS , that's where and how that MAGA train wreck started rolling on the tracks, it all started going off track and sour when the GOP saw Hillary going wobbly and the rest they say is history ...

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Hah... good one Farmer77. 

In this particular case, I'd have to agree with Trump as well. He IS responsible for the shutdown. 

Now, whether that makes the shutdown a good thing - standing up for his beliefs - or a bad thing, only time will tell. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Now, whether that makes the shutdown a good thing - standing up for his beliefs - or a bad thing, only time will tell. 

Standing up for his beliefs or being led by Fox News?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

Standing up for his beliefs or being led by Fox News?

Well, the Trump detractors would say that the two are synonymous :D