Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is this cthulhu?

acdrnx

Yes, this is indeed a hyrax I haven't seen here on UM to be sure.

I'm really not grasping the connection between the Antarctic (and presumably not human snatching) versions of this critter, and the ones that would be living in the U.S. and have developed a human-habit.

I'm understanding the pareidolia aspects to this, and even think I might be getting the hyraxing... just not getting the Antarctic/U.S. jump.

• Like 1

here a Picture of the dead from Henry McCabe. I think he died as hero in fight against this.

pixelbild02.png

Edited by acdrnx
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, acdrnx said:

here a Picture of the dead from Henry McCabe. I think he died as hero in fight against this.

pixelbild02.png

This has got to be a troll.

4 hours ago, Carnoferox said:

This has got to be a troll.

I hesitate on that.. in part to Sirs delightful fictional tree squid... seems like there might be some creepy-pasta lore background to this. Our acdrnx might be really pulling together some lore, however hyraxing, rather than straight up trolling. After all, there's always a newbie to orbs and slendermen around here on UM.

Honestly, till Sir posted the tree-squid, I didn't even know that variety of cryptid was supposed to exist. And since 98, a full 20 years and not to be whispered around here. Still a far cry from human snatching in U.S. climes to large enough in frigid snows of the Antarctic and big enough to show up on google maps sized critters.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rashore said:

I hesitate on that.. in part to Sirs delightful fictional tree squid... seems like there might be some creepy-pasta lore background to this. Our acdrnx might be really pulling together some lore, however hyraxing, rather than straight up trolling. After all, there's always a newbie to orbs and slendermen around here on UM.

Honestly, till Sir posted the tree-squid, I didn't even know that variety of cryptid was supposed to exist. And since 98, a full 20 years and not to be whispered around here. Still a far cry from human snatching in U.S. climes to large enough in frigid snows of the Antarctic and big enough to show up on google maps sized critters.

The Pacific Northwest tree octopus is a well-known joke and not a true cryptid/urban legend/creepypasta.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Northwest_tree_octopus

• Like 2

16 hours ago, acdrnx said:

pixelbild02.png

I'm going photoshop on this one - the lighting just isn't quite right..

i paint it fast...

I think Henry McCabe leave his friend at the gas Station. Then he heared something and follow it. When he was near he took his cellphone in the other Hand and Maybe his gun in the other. The creature has fear to and attack him. It fly with him away but he was so strong and shots so that the creature let him fall and he Landing in sea and drunk. Maybe between the gasstation and the lake are his cellphone, bullets and his gun. Maybe he hit the creature so they die in a radius from 30-50 km around the gas Station. But the Problem is squids have no bones.

I think those creatures came from antarctic. Like birds they have routes and fly from antarctic About the andeans and the rocky mountains to canada.

On 2019-02-19 at 7:59 PM, acdrnx said:

I only watch this movie from lovecraft in which the peoples are seamonster. I remember it this is why i call it cthulhu. Maybe is only pareidolia but there are more then one abnormalities. I read this articel https://de.sott.net/article/25679-Missing-411-Ratselhafte-Vermisstenfalle-in-den-Nationalparks-der-USA-und-Kanada About Missing 411 cases. I think all phomenas fit to squids that attack from the air.

Most plausible explanation I have ever read... :whistle:

• Haha 1

I think at the Google earth satellite photo is a second one Camouflage hiding. There is no reason where the round shadow Comes from. Maybe there is one hiding but still shade throwing.

The Pyramide can be build by human slaves or there is another intelligence and they Show us on satellite because they want that we bomb the metal door and they can eat them like Crows which put nuts on the street and then they can eat if a car drive over.

antarktis-second.png

On 2/19/2019 at 4:26 PM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Pacific tree squid.

Usually seen in the company of Dropbears... very dangerous  :w00t:

Some here seem to doubt squid can fly.  So.. I suppose pigs can't fly either! ?  Surely we've all heard the expression..."when pigs Can fly".   ?  

On 2/26/2019 at 1:58 PM, acdrnx said:

a whale is found in the middle of brasil jungle. i think a creature like on the satellite Picture bring it there. Scientist have no good reasons why.

https://www.nau.ch/news/forschung/wal-im-dschungel-von-brasilien-gefunden-65487837

Hahahaha where do you get your information from.
In the Swedish newspaper I read about this whale, it was found 15 meters from the shore on an island in moth of the amazon river not in the middle of the jungle.
The whale was allready dead before it beached and there had been really strong tides the last couple of days..

On 22/02/2019 at 1:46 AM, S I N said:

this would make a really good creepy pasta :D:P

Or an SCP.

7 hours ago, Herr Falukorv said:

Hahahaha where do you get your information from.
In the Swedish newspaper I read about this whale, it was found 15 meters from the shore on an island in moth of the amazon river not in the middle of the jungle.
The whale was allready dead before it beached and there had been really strong tides the last couple of days..

And in  the Independant they state that it was in a mangrove swamp and that the recent tides had been 'pretty considerable'

• Like 1

the whale must swim trough sweetwater that is uncasual because they live in saltwater. On the Picture is only the whale why there are no other fishes? And it must a powerful wave to bring him there this Forces must injures his stomach (Stones, Wood etc.)