Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

7-year-old dials 911 to complain about his pants

UM-Bot

In all honesty, most officers will never use a gun in their life. They're nothing like what movies and shows portray them as. So while a child can be wasting their time, don't make it seem like they could of instead be saving someone's life. That's pretty big exaggeration. Lets also not forget that the parents of this child are paying for this service, which is being used incorrectly, but still. While the child should know better, don't be afraid to call the cops. They're there to serve the people even if it's not a life threatening incident.

Edited by Trenix
  • Confused 2

• The title was changed to 7-year-old dials 911 to complain about his pants

@Trenix, what you’re saying seems pretty unrelated to the linked story? It’s definitely true that people incorrectly calling 911 can directly take resources from someone trying to call about a real emergency.

A kid called 911 for something that is not a police issue and the police are using it as an opportunity for children to be reminded of what 911 is for. That is all I got from it.

• Like 4

On 12/28/2018 at 3:12 PM, Timothy said:

@Trenix, what you’re saying seems pretty unrelated to the linked story? It’s definitely true that people incorrectly calling 911 can directly take resources from someone trying to call about a real emergency.

A kid called 911 for something that is not a police issue and the police are using it as an opportunity for children to be reminded of what 911 is for. That is all I got from it.

Let me be more blunt. An officer doesn't go around saving lives as most believe and wont even go into a school where there is an active shooter to protect children, nor would they feel obligated to do so. So lets stop treating officers like they're some sort of super hero that saves lives, because the vast majority aren't.

• Confused 1

Just now, Trenix said:

Let me be more blunt. An officer doesn't go around saving lives as most believe and wont even go into a school where there is an active shooter to protect children, nor would they feel obligated to do so. So lets stop treating officers like they're some sort of super hero that saves lives, because the vast majority aren't.

I don’t understand the point you’re trying to make. Could be a geographical issue? Where are you in the world?  

• Like 2

Well, the "bad" pants was a emergency to the boy.  I just wonder what his parents were doing during this time.

I get Tremix's point, but you never know when a reallemergency will occur.  Not necessarily one needing a gun, since even medical emergency calls come in to the same 911 switchboard.

• Like 1

He wouldn't be having any snow pants after that if he were my kid.  BUT, raised not as a spoiled brat, he would have been happy to even get them to begin with.

• Like 2

I agree with glorybebe..this kid is a spoiled, coddled brat who is WAY too old to be this pathetic.

I also have to wonder about this kids upbringing that he would even THINK to use 911 like that; that he would even THINK to whine and blubber about his presents.

Actually I think the parents SHOULD be fined for not teaching their kid responsible behavior...seven years old is certainly not too young to understand that just because you don't like a present doesn't mean you call 911 over it.

The parents failed and so did the police...

• Like 2

I dont think it's cute or even funny when a 7 years old calls 911 because of what he received for xmas i know they might not understand what they are doing but it's the parents responibility. Does people know how many fake calls the emergency services get.? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2018 at 3:19 PM, Timothy said:

I don’t understand the point you’re trying to make. Could be a geographical issue? Where are you in the world?  

The US, not in democrat s-hole or a third world s-hole, that's for sure.

On 12/28/2018 at 7:25 PM, Trenix said:

In all honesty, most officers will never use a gun in their life. They're nothing like what movies and shows portray them as. ....

Perhaps they SHOULD have done in this case ? :P

On 28.12.2018 at 8:25 PM, Trenix said:

In all honesty, most officers will never use a gun in their life. They're nothing like what movies and shows portray them as. So while a child can be wasting their time, don't make it seem like they could of instead be saving someone's life. That's pretty big exaggeration. Lets also not forget that the parents of this child are paying for this service, which is being used incorrectly, but still. While the child should know better, don't be afraid to call the cops. They're there to serve the people even if it's not a life threatening incident.

The railway system in France is a very effective one.